Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2009, 21:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

you mentioned the Cafe racer. i cant see it.
Old 8th December 2009, 23:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

Seriously, get the front fairing and the pegs back to stock. Its good to have rearsets, but then unless you can make pillion pegs you'll find it more impractical than it already is.
Old 9th December 2009, 11:24   #33
BHPian

Yes I failed at the Cafe Racer attempt. I am getting to old to ride around with clip ons. Front fairing is not a bad idea, but rear sets stays because of the shape of the pipe.
Old 9th December 2009, 14:27   #34
BHPian

Wht shox are you using at the rear. My RXZ is currently undergoing a drum to disc conversion where i have used the entire front of a classic pulsar. Using pulsar gas shox on a stock rxz swingarm will only stiffen the ride quality. Any other shox i can use which are better than the stock ones?
Old 9th December 2009, 14:44   #35
BHPian

These are CBZ shocks. I have also used the Platina SNS shocks on the RX which is a good compromise between comfort and handling.

Yesterday I bought HH Hunk shocks for the RXZ, these CBZ ones are 7 years old. Will post feedback in a few days but these shocks are not cheap at 3.4K for a pair.
Old 9th December 2009, 16:24   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
These are CBZ shocks. I have also used the Platina SNS shocks on the RX which is a good compromise between comfort and handling.

Yesterday I bought HH Hunk shocks for the RXZ, these CBZ ones are 7 years old. Will post feedback in a few days but these shocks are not cheap at 3.4K for a pair.

i was thinking of getting the Apache shox and footpegs. Let us know how the Hunk shox perform.
Old 9th December 2009, 16:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a lot! I got Pulsar DTSi 1.0 shocks ( non gas, ones with silver springs ) for 1K odd a year back from the showroom. Works perfect for my weight ( 85KGs )
Old 10th August 2010, 22:29   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
i was thinking of getting the Apache shox and footpegs. Let us know how the Hunk shox perform.
Quote:
Could i get the feedback of both Hunk and Apache shox as I am planning to change the OEM shocks on my RXZ?
Old 11th August 2010, 09:13   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
Could i get the feedback of both Hunk and Apache shox as I am planning to change the OEM shocks on my RXZ?
Apache's rear suspension undergoes some juggad work as its not a direct fit. Hunk may (MAY) be possible due to the 18" wheels but again it also depends on the swing arm & chassis positions.

If you want a direct fit, go for the old Discover 135's Endurance SNS suspensions or Gladiator's suspension. I've been using SNS for more than a year now & its more than perfect for solo rides.
Old 11th August 2010, 15:20   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Apache's rear suspension undergoes some juggad work as its not a direct fit. Hunk may (MAY) be possible due to the 18" wheels but again it also depends on the swing arm & chassis positions.

If you want a direct fit, go for the old Discover 135's Endurance SNS suspensions or Gladiator's suspension. I've been using SNS for more than a year now & its more than perfect for solo rides.
Hmmm... I liked Apache shox for its looks :( In this case, which gas filled shox would be a direct fit to RXZ with no jugaad?
Old 11th August 2010, 21:57   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm... I liked Apache shox for its looks :( In this case, which gas filled shox would be a direct fit to RXZ with no jugaad?
You can settle for Pulsar's Nitrox which is a direct fit, but it is bound to increase the height of Rx; otherwise no issues.
Old 11th August 2010, 22:13   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
You can settle for Pulsar's Nitrox which is a direct fit, but it is bound to increase the height of Rx; otherwise no issues.
This sounds good but would'nt increased height affect the sprocket wear?
Old 11th August 2010, 22:14   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Finally finished the RXZ just the way i want it. Move to handlebars as clipons are getting too uncomfy. This is a conclusion to this thread from my side.
Hey Diablo, is that a FZ-16's handle bar on your RXZ?
Old 12th August 2010, 09:15   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This sounds good but would'nt increased height affect the sprocket wear?
That's too much of confusion. Point is it will not as a friend of mine has this setup running for several years now. But for sure, it will increase a good amount of height. What you may want to do before buying is to approach a neighbour friendly spare parts shop or garage, check for the fitment of both Endurance SNS as well as Nitrox & then consider which one to go for after checking the height yourself.
Old 12th August 2010, 10:25   #45
BHPian

Apache shox straight fit on RX135 . Increases rear ride height .

Most Viewed