Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2009, 19:12   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajsh View Post
Regarding the jetting and more power, my bike is already giving me less mileage (of about 30-33kms), so if my guess is right having bigger jets will increase fuel consumption right ??
You are wrong its the other way, if you are concerned about mileage only thing you need to do is RDD cdi and forget the rest ..

with the stock airfilter you will be able to able to rev only till 7.5k max, if you need more revs then uni and RZ banshi reeds are the way to go ( fixing these reeds require some porting on the intake)
Old 6th March 2009, 00:27   #17
BHPian

Even I have 3 yam's in my stable right now a 135 5 speed, a rx100 and a rxz. right now from the rx series the most in terms of price you get for the RXZ i have got quotes upto 50k and for the 135 5 speed upto 35k, ofcourse nodody wants the 100, but i know it will come back to its hay days. as in regards to the mileage a five speed will max give you 40 if you are lucky 33 to 35 is the idle mileage you are getting right now.

are you running on stock rims for the rear 16" rims, where do you stay in bangalore.

i am sorry r u on the 18" rims or the 16" rims..
Old 6th March 2009, 08:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the jetting and more power, my bike is already giving me less mileage (of about 30-33kms), so if my guess is right having bigger jets will increase fuel consumption right ??
Bigger jet is necessary to maintain proper air-fuel ratio. Else you feed the engine with more air once you shift to a proper free flow filter without adding more fuel to compensate.
If you keep adding air without more fuel, that means the engine gets dangerously lean and hence, is exposed to chances of seizing up.

Quote:
UNI air filter it is, am switiching to UNI air filter as quickly as my financial state permits me
Excellent.
Dont forget jets. And start learning the basics of jetting. It is YOU, the enthusiast's duty, to do the trial and error runs to ensure you choose the right jet size from the options available to you.
That said, if you just add the filter, CDI, change to the RX135 steel muffler, the upgraded jet sizes are pretty much known through experiences of lots of previous such bikes. Your tuner will easily guide you on that.
Else, you can always post up here.

Quote:
Zapper Q ???? huh ?? ok let me see....let my CEATs wear out first
Oh yes. Why fix it if it ain't broke?

Quote:
Karizma ?? RTR ?? am not a fan of four strokes scaryskulls, I would rather walk to my workplace at whitefield (which is 30 kms from my house). tehehe.
Ha ha ha ha ha! That's the spirit!
Old 6th March 2009, 09:32   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
You are wrong its the other way, if you are concerned about mileage only thing you need to do is RDD cdi and forget the rest ..

with the stock airfilter you will be able to able to rev only till 7.5k max, if you need more revs then uni and RZ banshi reeds are the way to go ( fixing these reeds require some porting on the intake)
hello praJEEP, i AM concerned about the mileage, that is what I meant when i asked whether having bigger jets will increase the fuel consumption.

Last edited by gajsh : 6th March 2009 at 09:37.
Old 6th March 2009, 09:34   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.das View Post
Even I have 3 yam's in my stable right now a 135 5 speed, a rx100 and a rxz. right now from the rx series the most in terms of price you get for the RXZ i have got quotes upto 50k and for the 135 5 speed upto 35k, ofcourse nodody wants the 100, but i know it will come back to its hay days. as in regards to the mileage a five speed will max give you 40 if you are lucky 33 to 35 is the idle mileage you are getting right now.

are you running on stock rims for the rear 16" rims, where do you stay in bangalore.

i am sorry r u on the 18" rims or the 16" rims..
35k ? Oh no, thats a paltry sum, after the production of rx 135s stopped, I was hoping all rx 135s are prized possessions, arent they ??

Yes hemanth, I am running on stock rims and I live in JPNagar 6th phase.
Old 6th March 2009, 09:36   #21
BHPian

@scaryskulls, so essentially.... you are saying I need to compulsorily go for bigger jets if I use a UNI filter(which is a free flow air filter) right ?

scaryskulls, one more help, can you please throw light on the reeds that a stock yammy has ??? and what are these banshi reeds and fibre reeds that I hear a lot about ?? What will these cost me ??

thanks
Old 6th March 2009, 14:02   #22
BHPian

Quote:
35k ? Oh no, thats a paltry sum, after the production of rx 135s stopped, I was hoping all rx 135s are prized possessions, arent they ??
35k is NOT a paltry sum AT ALL.
Trouble is if you are looking forward to buying an RX 5 speeder, you always have the option of picking up the 4 speeder, and putting in brand new 5speed cylinder kit + brand new/used/modded cylinder head + brand new 5 speed gearbox. All this costs something around 10k max.
A used 4 speeder costs 10-15k. So for something around 20-25k you end up having a 5 speeder that still has a brand new engine + transmission.
Thus, these "converted" 5 speeders ultimately affect the re-sale prices of the "Authentic" 5 speeders.

Quote:
@scaryskulls, so essentially.... you are saying I need to compulsorily go for bigger jets if I use a UNI filter(which is a free flow air filter) right ?
Yes. That is the ideal way.

Quote:
scaryskulls, one more help, can you please throw light on the reeds that a stock yammy has ??? and what are these banshi reeds and fibre reeds that I hear a lot about ?? What will these cost me ??
See. The talk of fancy Banshee/RZ/Fiber/other fancy material Reeds sounds cool. But we have our spending priorities. Don't we?

Judging by your posts, I can make out that you need a reliable bike that will get you to work everyday, give you some fun on the way and not be too expensive to run.
Forget about all the fancy-shmancy Ported Reed cage talk right now. The biggest restriction of the Yamaha 2 strokes in India is the Static timing analogue CDI and the restrictive airbox. Remove them + Spend on your safety i.e. Disk brakes and good tyres and be done with it for now.

How much has the bike run?
Old 6th March 2009, 14:11   #23
BHPian

ok I got the drift.

Infact all I am thinking of right now is about the RDD CDI, a clean air filter and yeah....disk breaks. Also some more cosmetic changes like a good throttle and a nice little halogen bulb.

The rest will have to wait. Am planning to go for a good set of rear shocks, a good carb (not happy with the stock carb), rear swing arms, probably good tyres (after the innumerable times you adviced me to go for a zapper), a good reed valve.

My bike has done 45k
Old 7th March 2009, 05:06   #24
BHPian

guys where do u get this UNI filter in bangalore
Old 7th March 2009, 05:07   #25
BHPian

and what is the price, is your bike rebored bro..
Old 7th March 2009, 11:57   #26
BHPian

Quote:
guys where do u get this UNI filter in bangalore
Quote:
and what is the price,
The answer RDDREAMS.COM • Index page
Old 9th March 2009, 09:05   #27
BHPian

Quote:
and what is the price, is your bike rebored bro..
No hemanth, it was never rebored, its a pakka stock vehicle
Old 10th March 2009, 23:27   #28
BHPian

you mean i need to get the filter from the community is it not readily available of the shelf....
Old 11th March 2009, 13:55   #29
BHPian

guys, the clutch is getting slack and unresponsive by the day, can somebody throw some light on this ? I seriously feel very sad riding the bike in this awful condition, kindly read through the clutch problem thread and reply guys, thanks
Old 16th March 2009, 08:42   #30
BHPian

one more pic of my beauty (with the clutch problem )
Attached Thumbnails
My friend's Yamaha RX135 5 Speed-prey_yammy.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks