Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2009, 12:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar1985 View Post
Guys,

Sincere apologies if I have offended anyone here. I was a big "FAN" of the pulsar line up, until they started going the Microsoft way, coming up with umpteen versions of their products , mostly cosmetic, with puny 20 Cc upgrades and hence lost their edge on the market. Lately BAL has started getting on my nerves, what with all the hoopla they created over the Ninja 250, and now this? Seems like BAL is going nowhere. IMAO they're just another <hindi proverb> "Kolhu ka bail" going round and round the same path.

The fact that they came up with this after Yammie's FZ release shows how arrogant BAL had become, and it took Yam to finally wake'em up.

P.S I'd rather die with all my hair intact than live till 50, BALD
i dont see the point in having a 150, 180, 200 and 220 all looking pretty much the same (besides the 220)

the 20 cc upgrades arent even making a big enough difference

instead they should if they want keep the 150cc for the guys who are that bothered about FE the 200 with the oil cooler and remove the 220 and bring in a new line with a 250 cc all FI.

rev
Old 6th March 2009, 00:08   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
i dont see the point in having a 150, 180, 200 and 220 all looking pretty much the same (besides the 220)

the 20 cc upgrades arent even making a big enough difference

instead they should if they want keep the 150cc for the guys who are that bothered about FE the 200 with the oil cooler and remove the 220 and bring in a new line with a 250 cc all FI.

rev
+1

Plus, do something about the similar looks allthrough! And also something about the looks in general. TOOOOO many darn black pulsars(old/new/150/180/200) all nearly the same!
Poor black pulsarowners are stopped at every police check post here.

Old 9th March 2009, 12:39   #18
BHPian

Finally Spy Pics !

Here are the spy pics and some details:

Pulsar 200 DTS-Fi :
  • Fuel Injection
  • Around 1.5 bhp more power
  • Clip-on Handlebars
  • Full Fairing (like P220)
Pulsar 180 DTS-i :
  • Split Seat
  • Split Grab Rail (like P220/ 200)
  • Tank Extension (Like P180)
  • Clip-on Handlebars
Spy Pics:
Pulsar 200

New Bajaj Pulsar 180 and 200 bikes-newbajajpulsar200dtsi_1.jpg

New Bajaj Pulsar 180 and 200 bikes-newbajajpulsar200dtsfi_3.jpg

New Bajaj Pulsar 180 and 200 bikes-newbajajpulsar200dtsfi_2.jpg

New Bajaj Pulsar 180 and 200 bikes-newbajajpulsar200dtsfi_1.jpg

Pulsar 180:

New Bajaj Pulsar 180 and 200 bikes-newbajajpulsar180dtsi_1.jpg

New Bajaj Pulsar 180 and 200 bikes-newbajajpulsar180dtsi_4.jpg

Image and Data Source: Indian Bikers
Old 11th March 2009, 10:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

SO bajaj does it again while this upgrade is good news for new buyers, it will have negative affect on the resale value of the existing 180, 200 & 220
Old 11th March 2009, 11:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Interesting article on Rediff today:

Bajaj Auto readies to take on the world

Didnt know (or didnt remember) that Bajaj owns 30% of KTM and plans to up the stake to a majority.

Seems like they do have some sort of strategy other than the 20cc one.
Old 11th March 2009, 12:01   #21
BHPian

I feel there are too many variants in this 180-220 segment. Its overkill.
Old 11th March 2009, 19:05   #22
BHPian

Is there any power upgrade on the 180? Any pricing news? Possible launch date? Will the 200 Fi also be available without the ugly 220 fairing?
Old 11th March 2009, 21:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

When they take over KTM i hope they don't come up with 690 Duke, 710 Duke, 730 Duke to take over the world. Poor Austrians

I'm a great admirer of the Katooms and Huskies
Old 12th March 2009, 11:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

first thing ,bajaj must do is to refine it's Engines- reduce NVH.next ,the life of pulsar engine is real low.after around 10000 kms ,the bike starts to lose power.Why DON'T Bajaj does some research on metallurgy-as in having better ,long lasting engines without performance degradation(hint:HH Karizma).Do this ,instead of cosmetic upgrades and fuel injection.
Old 12th March 2009, 11:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
first thing ,bajaj must do is to refine it's Engines- reduce NVH.next ,the life of pulsar engine is real low.after around 10000 kms ,the bike starts to lose power.Why DON'T Bajaj does some research on metallurgy-as in having better ,long lasting engines without performance degradation(hint:HH Karizma).Do this ,instead of cosmetic upgrades and fuel injection.
I am with you. they should develop the platform first instead of just cosmetic upgrades, but than people want what bajaj does to their bikes and the company is interested in selling the bikes.
By introduceing new version, there is never any issue with the engine life when selling the bike in used market , as there is a newer version hence the price has reduced to minimum anyways.
Unlike the HH, Karizma. where it hold the resale value.
Old 12th March 2009, 18:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I own a p 180 since 2002. Its done over 115000kms...
I blew the engine on an interstate trip 2yrs while riding flat out at 9000rpm for 4mins straight.. the road was a new 4 lane between vizag & berhampur. it was 78000kms on the odo.
I ride extremely hard on all gears and used clutchless gearshifts(except 1st & 2nd gear) since 3000kms on the odo(after running in was over).
The bike was primarily used for touring by me and my brother. The bike was raped(if im permitted to use the word here) everyday.
@78000kms the engine was rebuilt with all new engine components. The gearbox remains untouched till date though the clutch has been replaced quite a few times. I used semi synthetic oil replaced with 1500-1800km oil change intervals.
I know of another such example of a P150 ridden equally hard in Mumbai city everyday and its got close to 80000on the odo now with no signs of the engine dying anytime soon.

I wouldnt even want to start talking about the bajaj boxer that i had before the pulsar.

So which bajaj do you ride and how??

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 12th March 2009 at 18:43.
Old 12th March 2009, 18:41   #27
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsingh007 View Post
Here are the spy pics and some details:

Pulsar 180 DTS-i :
  • Split Seat
  • Split Grab Rail (like P220/ 200)
  • Tank Extension (Like P180)
  • Clip-on Handlebars
If true, you have to wonder what the point of this "update" is? Do they hate their existing customers and want to destroy the resale value of 180cc Pulsars?

I know times are tough, but Bajaj can afford to buy a few HMSI Unicorns. Still the best engine and gearbox after all these years. And the bike won't turn into junk after three years!

What a country. Munjal-ji specializes in stickers. Bajaj specailizes in plastic bits. Leave the 'little' task of engineering a proper bike to Honda.

Last edited by SuperSyn : 12th March 2009 at 18:43.

Old 12th March 2009, 18:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
If true, you have to wonder what the point of this "update" is? Do they hate their existing customers and want to destroy the resale value of 180cc Pulsars?
i agree with you on this.these updates every few months is killing the resale value of previously launched bikes.

Quote:
I know times are tough, but Bajaj can afford to buy a few HMSI Unicorns. Still the best engine and gearbox after all these years. And the bike won't turn into junk after three years!

if your implying about the pulsar turning into junk( i know you didnt literally mean it) thats not true.my bike is almost three years old and still feels and looks new.the parts they used could have been better but i havent had any engine related problems at all.

the unicorn engine maybe more refined but thats Honda..!!

rev
Old 12th March 2009, 19:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
I own a p 180 since 2002. Its done over 115000kms...
I blew the engine on an interstate trip 2yrs while riding flat out at 9000rpm for 4mins straight.. the road was a new 4 lane between vizag & berhampur. it was 78000kms on the odo.
I ride extremely hard on all gears and used clutchless gearshifts(except 1st & 2nd gear) since 3000kms on the odo(after running in was over).
The bike was primarily used for touring by me and my brother. The bike was raped(if im permitted to use the word here) everyday.
@78000kms the engine was rebuilt with all new engine components. The gearbox remains untouched till date though the clutch has been replaced quite a few times. I used semi synthetic oil replaced with 1500-1800km oil change intervals.
I know of another such example of a P150 ridden equally hard in Mumbai city everyday and its got close to 80000on the odo now with no signs of the engine dying anytime soon.

I wouldnt even want to start talking about the bajaj boxer that i had before the pulsar.

So which bajaj do you ride and how??

Quote:

What a country. Munjal-ji specializes in stickers. Bajaj specailizes in plastic bits. Leave the 'little' task of engineering a proper bike to Honda.
I am no brand fan here. Just support what has worked for me in my personal experience. I do not quote from hearsay either.
I have requoted my earlier post for you incase you missed it.

Technology changes every year. new launches happen by the month.. stickering .. et al.. 30cc increases in engine sizes.. etc. However, it should be noted that the P180 & 150 were technological and generational changes in indian motorcycling history. Sure there are bad examples. Bajaj is not a Honda or even close by any length. However, to say that they turn to junk in 3 years is unfair. Look around and you will find umpteen examples that are probably as old as our generation and still running strong.

It is true that 30cc & 25cc increases in engine size are notng but a joke, and so is the stickering con job.
However, you may note that every bike manufacturer in India is doing the same. As far as reliability of a Bajaj is concerned my post is above.
Old 12th March 2009, 19:46   #30
BANNED

Still not able to attract atleast my attention, and very soon i am also following Bajaj way, adding anyther 50CC to my Rajdoot 350 with US RD400 barrels
"Sigh" get up Indian Bike manufacturers, its high time to launch some serious high power bikes rather than 10-20cc addons.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks