Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2009, 17:30   #1

Yet Another RX135 Thread !

Hello BHPians.

I bought an RX135 4-Speed (2003 Model) a year and half ago, used it for almost a year, till it was in pretty bad condition, it looked very ugly, scratches and dents all over, rattling sounds from everywhere, and God knows what else. Was pretty much fed up of it, so left it parked in the basement for 3 months.

Then a friend of mine saw the bike and told me that I should get the bike serviced, and use it, maybe even get it re-painted, give it a new look. And so I thought yea, maybe I should. But I knew nothing about bikes(still dont, for that matter), didnt even know a good mechanic. So I asked him to get it all done for me, and gave the bike to him.

The bike was with the mechanic in Mavalli (an area in Bangalore), for over a month. I visited the mech only once or twice in the whole time. Yea, slap me for my stupidity

Then one fine day, the mech called me up and told that the bike was ready. I went there and took a look at it. It looked very nice, the paint job was good. The bike now looked almost brand new. I was still admiring it when the mech handed me the bill. It was a 3-page long one, I didnt even bother going through it all (hail Mr.Stupid) and went over to the third page and took a look at the total amount, and would have most certainly got a heart attack, if it wasnt my Dad's money I was paying with.
The sum was Rs.27,000. I was expecting a bill of 15-17k max. I realized it was no use getting pissed now, and arranged for the money somehow. The bill is with a friend, Will post it here tomorrow, maybe you guys can help me find out if he's ripped me off, or if he's ripped me off REAL bad. hehehe

He's changed the gearbox to 5-Speed. But the bore is still an E-3, which if I'm correct is of the 4-Speed. Bike refuses to go over 100kph. but its giving me a decent mileage of 40-43 kpl.

So its been: re-painted, got a 5-speed gearbox, rear shocks changed to pulsar shocks(altho got it changed back to stock ones recently), both tyres changed. back wheel rim is now 16".
Thats all I can remember as of now. Will post the whole thing tomorrow.

I have a lot of questions and doubts, seeking help from you guys. Will ask them later though. For now, I have some pics I took of the bike. Took these in the basement, not so bright. Will post better pics later.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet Another RX135 Thread !-img_3396p.jpg  

Yet Another RX135 Thread !-img_3398p.jpg  

Yet Another RX135 Thread !-img_3399p.jpg  

Yet Another RX135 Thread !-img_3400p.jpg  

Yet Another RX135 Thread !-img_3402p.jpg  

Old 6th March 2009, 17:48   #2
BHPian

The bike looks stunning as if out of the showroom.

Do share the earlier pics of the bike.

Also put a scanned copy of details of the final bill to see what all has been changed or refurbished on the bike.
Old 6th March 2009, 18:19   #3
BHPian

The bike looks great But 27,000 seems like a total big rip off!

The turn signal lights seems to be of some other bike or some local junk. The original ones should be round. Try making the bike look stock as much as you can.
Old 6th March 2009, 19:05   #4
BHPian

Awesome, But 27K???????? do post a copy of the bill.
Even my Rx100 is due for a complete makeover, I will get an idea how much money should I arrange for.
Old 6th March 2009, 19:13   #5

@invincible7: I cant seem to find any pics of the bike prior to re-painting. :(

@Gregory: Those are Suzuki Shogun's indicators. had the round ones before, I liked shogun's better, so had them changed.

Ya, 27k is like o.O I just called my friend up and asked him to bring that bill right away. Will post it as soon as I get it. And thanks all !
Old 6th March 2009, 19:55   #6
BHPian

The mileage you are getting says that your bike is running lean so more mileage less top notch.

16inchers at rear this is the main reason your top speed being affected
16 inchers are all show no GOOO !

By the way nice paint job.

Mavalli mechanic is his name azghar

Last edited by praJEEP : 6th March 2009 at 19:56.
Old 7th March 2009, 00:04   #7

Hey Pradeep! Hmm, I will change back to 18" then. Thanks.

Mech's name is Vijay Kumar, not sure. Everyone calls him Viji.

Anyways, I got the bill now. But the arse's handwriting is like a doctor's. cant understand anything. Maybe you guys can. hehe
Attached Thumbnails
Yet Another RX135 Thread !-scan0001p.jpg  

Yet Another RX135 Thread !-scan0002p.jpg  

Yet Another RX135 Thread !-scan0003p.jpg  

Old 7th March 2009, 00:30   #8
BHPian

After having a look on the bill, its just few things which have contributed to 27K, compare the prices with some spare part shop wala.
Nothing seems wrong on the bill.
Old 7th March 2009, 01:45   #9
BHPian

LOL.
What a rip off. Usual Bangalore/Mumbai/Pune/Delhi style. These places seem to have the choicest of cheating experts.
If you wanted, I could get you exact market prices down south of these items.

Anyways. Damage has been done. Time to start building up the bike into a nice healthy RX135. First thing. Change that HORRIBLE rear rim back to the 18inch and use MRF Zapper Q 100/90 R18 rear.
Pickup will definately suffer. But then, more on that later..

Last edited by ScarySkulls : 7th March 2009 at 01:47.
Old 7th March 2009, 04:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

i think that south is a real rip off. but the bike is real nice. the gear box would generaly cost around 2200 and even the other prices have a variation of an average of 50 RS.

and as Rajat suggest try to changes the rear and also see if you can invest in RDD CDI.

-----------

and do change the blinkers to the round ones

Last edited by desideep : 7th March 2009 at 04:03.
Old 7th March 2009, 09:36   #11

Yea, I guess its no use whining over the rip off now. But now I will need a new mechanic, and I dont know any other. Please suggest a good one.

So I'm changing the rear rim to 18". Zapper Q 100/90, probably. Although a friend told me to get IRC tyres. Anyone know if they're good ?

@desideep: Hmm, I'm sure i read some about RD Dreams' CDI somewhere. Have forgotten tho, hehe. Will do a read on them.

@Pradeep: Maybe we can meet up this weekend ?
Old 7th March 2009, 11:52   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMan47 View Post
@Pradeep: Maybe we can meet up this weekend ?

I am free tommorow let me know when.
Old 7th March 2009, 13:03   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
I am free tommorow let me know when.
Okay, will text you tomorrow.

Btw, I'm going out in a bit to buy a tyre for the rear, but confused between IRC or Zapper Q. HJALP !!!
Old 7th March 2009, 21:48   #14
BHPian

Preferably a 90/90 R18 rear tyre
If that's not possible then a 100/90 R18 Zapper Q.

Dont bother for mechanics. They are only out to make money. Start working on the bike youself. The RX is one of the most simple machines out there to work on. Use this forum. We can all help you in the DIY. It's easy. Dont worry.

Last edited by ScarySkulls : 7th March 2009 at 21:49.
Old 9th March 2009, 09:31   #15
BHPian

From my recent experience of taking my bike to the garage and spending around 3.5 k towards refurbishing, and replacing some parts in my bike (listed in your bill), I can see that he has charged an excess of 20-30 rupees on minor parts and he has ripped you on some 'service' charges, he has put new rim on the rear and he has charged 360 bucks for wheel truing(for both front and back), can you believe that?? he has surely taken you to the cleaners dude.

Sorry to say noman47, you should have gone to a yamaha showroom and bought the spares yourself (as I did) and you should have stayed there and made sure he put the parts on the machine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks