Team-BHP - The All New Honda Activa Deluxe
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The All New Honda Activa Deluxe (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/55026-all-new-honda-activa-deluxe.html)

Hi guys,
Anyone of u is planning to buy a scooter (well,I know its the era of superbikes).Then good news for u Honda is planning to launch an all new Honda activa 2009 model in March 2009,called as Activa deluxeclap:. The new model will be having a 110 cc engine which now enables you to compete with any powerful bikes. Combined Braking will be the new feature that is used which allows pressing either the front or rear brake to stop the vehicle completely. This is useful to people who are not sure with which brake to press first. The new Activa model will be having low weight metal parts. So the heavy weight of about 100kg of the old vehicle will be reduced to a much less body. This helps in more easy handling of the vehicle and the mileage of the scooter will increase with this change The Activa Deluxe will be getting an additional feature, illuminated luggage box.
I have heard that the new Activa is based on the Honda Lead available in Europe.
Some pics of the LEAD. 2009 Honda Lead specifications and pictures

Article Source: Xbhp.com

Mods: I looked around and I did not find any article about the new Activa, and hence the post.

Looks like the entire engine is new. The present engine has bore of 57mm IIRC. This one is long stroke motor as per the link given. Bore X stroke = 50 X 55.
The compression ratio is 11.0 and power output is 8.8 bhp, which is an improvement over the present generation, but I think for Indian fuel again the compression ratio will be dropped and I am also expecting some detuning of the engine for our fuel.

Its a nice move forward from the present activa though. And thankfully those leading links have gone in this and telescopic forks have come in.
But by no means it can even fight 100cc motorcycles. Motorcycles are not automatic transmission, so they can harness the engine power and torque better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Addy (Post 1212937)
Combined Braking will be the new feature that is used which allows pressing either the front or rear brake to stop the vehicle completely. This is useful to people who are not sure with which brake to press first.

How many people have this problem? How are these people alive and how do they manage the impossible task of respiration!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1213150)
But by no means it can even fight 100cc motorcycles. Motorcycles are not automatic transmission, so they can harness the engine power and torque better.

True. That is marketing talk. Once while riding an Activa I tried to "dragrace" an auntie on Munjal-Honda Splendor from a redlight. Yes, lady in salwar-kurta riding a bike. :)

She left me in the dust.

@aaggoswami: Your right this is a completly new engine. I spoke to the service manager here at City Honda, and he told me that the production of the vehicle has already started. The booking will open on the 24th of March, and they are expecting to give delivery in the 1st week of April.
They expect it to cost around 50k on road.
And am not sure if u guys have noticed, but I am riding an Activa for more than 6 years now, and trust me the initial pickup of this vehicle is just awesome. the fist 50-100 meters even Pulsars find it difficult to catch up.

@SuperSyn: Well I think this is more of a problem with people who are learning to ride. Not really sure about it though.

Honda Activa Is Due For launch on 27 march,
I have seen it displayed with our local dealer,
promised me delievery on 27 march

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandhurs1 (Post 1230745)
Honda Activa Is Due For launch on 27 march,
I have seen it displayed with our local dealer,
promised me delievery on 27 march

What? Delivery on the day of the launch?? That's quick!

@sandhurs1 : Which part of India are you located in ? A couple of days ago, I just saw a large number of "older" Activas parked outside a dealer's. Any idea if any of the Pune dealers are having this one ?
I am looking to buy a gearless scooter since a long time now, and this might be a good option.

From what I heard about the brake system it's supposed to be a single lever actuated braking system, whats the point in two levers if both does the same job ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by muneemmk (Post 1231034)
From what I heard about the brake system it's supposed to be a single lever actuated braking system, whats the point in two levers if both does the same job ?

Can you please elaborate ?
From what I have understood, one can apply any brake lever and both the front and rear brakes are applied.
Now in India people have a mentality that applying the front brakes in two wheelers = death or losing your feet or hand for the rest of your life.
My project team member rides her Dio as if there is no tomorrow. Front brake = NO ( no helmet also ).
So this is what I am talking about.

Now the point in having two levers for the same purpose is this : People in India will not use the front brake lever often, but will use rear. There are very few people that will use the front lever too.

I am against this system. Few queries are :

1) How will they adjust the brake bias : 60:40 rear:front ? Sometimes the rear must have more force than front and sometimes its just the opposite. Does this system come with some sort of ECU to deal with this ?

2) Can we override they system to apply the front brake with more force than rear. Is it that when we apply the front level, the brake distribution will be 80:20 front:rear and when we apply the rear brake lever, the distribution will be 50:50 front: rear ?

3) What about catching front end slide ? There are situations where one just cannot use the front brakes, else front end slide happens. What to do in these circumstances ?

I am totally against this system now.

So here its is The All New HONDA ACTIVA.

Honda new Activa gets a redesigned front and rear section. The front is dominated by curvy and aerodynamic styling with redesigned headlamps. Clear lens turn indicators dominates the rear. Honda laos makes use of impact resistant ABS plastic panels to reduce the overall weight of the two-wheeler. The new activa is powered by 109cc 4-stroke engine pumping out 8bhp at 7500rpm and 0.9Kgm at 5500rpm. As we told you earlier, the redesigning result in reduced fuel tank capacity. The fuel tank capacity of new activa is 5.3L. New activa comes with kick and self start option. The new activa also gets combined braking system. Honda CBS is a safety system on motorcycles that balances the engagement of both front and rear brakes. CBS applies front braking force whenever the rear brake is operated.
Apart from the styling and engine changes, the new activa gets loads of comfort features. This includes largert 18L storage space, optional inner/glove box (still optional!!!) :Frustrati,key shutter and rear tuff-up tube.
While the ground clearance remains the same as the old one (145mm), the length and breadth is limited to 1761mm and 710mm from 1765mm and 715mm. However this full body male scooter has grown taller 17mm and subquently the saddle height now stoods at 765mm versus the earlier 760mm. The new activa comes in six colours - geny grey metallic,candy lucid red,black,force silver metallic,wild purple metallic and pearl sunbeam white.
The new activa is priced Rs39,800 (ex-showroom Delhi). Price in other cities
Price Ex-show room –
Pune – Rs. 41,300
Bengulru – Rs. 41,340
Kolkata – Rs. 41,320
The new activa comes in two variants - activa standard and activa deluxe. The prices mentioned here are of the standard variant. The deluxe variant which will come with combi brakes will be launched soon. The punchline for the new activa is “Joy ON & ON”.

Source: 2009 March | Vicky blog | Indian Automobile blog

The All New Honda Activa Deluxe-white.jpg

The All New Honda Activa Deluxe-rw.jpg

The All New Honda Activa Deluxe-rs.jpg

The All New Honda Activa Deluxe-red.jpg

The All New Honda Activa Deluxe-fron.jpg

The All New Honda Activa Deluxe-red-de.jpg

The All New Honda Activa Deluxe-red-re.jpg

buddy this my Honda Activa 2009 (new)

wow sandhurs1 Congratulations. that was really really quick. How about a review for us?

Congrats,sandhurs1! Nice looking ride.
How do you like it so far?

sandhurs1 - that was quick - congrats on your ride.

I feel the new Activa looks more like a scooterette from the front - and is back heavy.

Congrats sandhurs1 :)

Please post a review it looks nice in pictures.

I believe the claimed higher mileage is due to replacing metal body parts with ABS plastic.