Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 23:48   #16
BHPian

Update: Got new tires and a new horn a few hours back. Engine is rebored and has a 60mm piston now. Another 600kms to finish the running in. Will be going tom to check about the disk.

guys, I hate the pathetic lighting my bike gives and I want to go in for a 55/60 bulb. I have a Swaraj Mazda reflector with me. What should I do now?
Old 9th April 2009, 00:57   #17
BHPian

You could fabricate a metal Back Cup for the mazda HL & position it properly & it would look gr8 on the Rx. Also you have to get the Coil re-winding done with a higher gauge wire + changing of the Regulator & then u can use the 55/60 bulb. wiring can be redone with a higher gauge wire if u want. not necessarily needed but helpful.

Which vehicle's FF did u use also which disk set , caliper's, & hub did u use?

Cheers!!!!
Old 9th April 2009, 23:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaBoy View Post
You could fabricate a metal Back Cup for the mazda HL & position it properly & it would look gr8 on the Rx. Also you have to get the Coil re-winding done with a higher gauge wire + changing of the Regulator & then u can use the 55/60 bulb. wiring can be redone with a higher gauge wire if u want. not necessarily needed but helpful.

Which vehicle's FF did u use also which disk set , caliper's, & hub did u use?

Cheers!!!!
I read that the mazda reflector is a direct fit onto the RXs assembly. Went to my electrician and he was like he cant do the rewinding etc. If someone has done it and can guide me how to do it, I will be grateful.

Dint put one yet. Will mostly be either the Pulsar's or the Gladiator's. Both are made by the same company and the same size. The Gladi parts aint available in the Yamaha showrooms in hyd, so I might just go with a Pulsar setup. Getting many random quotes everywhere. Trying to figure out the cheapest.
Old 10th April 2009, 00:23   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
I read that the mazda reflector is a direct fit onto the RXs assembly. Went to my electrician and he was like he cant do the rewinding etc. If someone has done it and can guide me how to do it, I will be grateful.

Dint put one yet. Will mostly be either the Pulsar's or the Gladiator's. Both are made by the same company and the same size. The Gladi parts aint available in the Yamaha showrooms in hyd, so I might just go with a Pulsar setup. Getting many random quotes everywhere. Trying to figure out the cheapest.
The Reason I asked you to Fabricate one is because the Original in the RX is Plastic & it breaks quite frequently. I have a friend who has done the same & is very happy with the results. you just need a good tinker for the job. Damn what electrician do u have man who dosent know how to rewind a coil. I dont know who does it in Hyd if it were in Blr I could have helped you. Ask the Hyd Guys for a good electrician man, they will be knowing. I would not suggest the Pulsar set up as you have to do some alterations. The Gladi is a direct fit & also the RXZ 5 Speed Diskbrake series But its nearly imposible to get the parts.

Cheers!!!

Last edited by YamahaBoy : 10th April 2009 at 00:25. Reason: Spelling Mistake Correction
Old 10th April 2009, 15:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaBoy View Post
The Reason I asked you to Fabricate one is because the Original in the RX is Plastic & it breaks quite frequently. I have a friend who has done the same & is very happy with the results. you just need a good tinker for the job. Damn what electrician do u have man who dosent know how to rewind a coil. I dont know who does it in Hyd if it were in Blr I could have helped you. Ask the Hyd Guys for a good electrician man, they will be knowing. I would not suggest the Pulsar set up as you have to do some alterations. The Gladi is a direct fit & also the RXZ 5 Speed Diskbrake series But its nearly imposible to get the parts.

Cheers!!!
Yeah sigh! Thats there. Hyd isnt a place for automobiles. No matter what, all directions point to Blore. Getting an Expansion chamber done from Blore too. Well, yes I did search for RXZ setup and its close to impossible to source one. And the Gladi parts are unavailable (Hate these showrooms for not stocking the spares). I guess ill go for a Pulsar front end only at the end of the day.

Or can anyone rewind my coil in Blore and courier it to me if I send the required stuff? I see no other option.
Old 10th April 2009, 16:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Well, yes I did search for RXZ setup and its close to impossible to source one. And the Gladi parts are unavailable (Hate these showrooms for not stocking the spares).....
Or can anyone rewind my coil in Blore and courier it to me if I send the required stuff? I see no other option.
Dude, call me in the night after 9:00PM, I know of a spare part dealer, who might help you in sourcing the parts. If he doesn't have them, he can ask his b'lore counterparts to arrange.
Old 10th April 2009, 16:15   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Dude, call me in the night after 9:00PM, I know of a spare part dealer, who might help you in sourcing the parts. If he doesn't have them, he can ask his b'lore counterparts to arrange.
Bugger! Why dint you tell me earlier? I am biking around half of whole hyd searching, calling and contacting for it. Will call you.
Old 10th April 2009, 16:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

you never told about the "requirement of the parts"
Quote:
Bugger! Why dint you tell me earlier? I am biking around half of whole hyd searching, calling and contacting for it. Will call you.
Now that you got to know that I got to know that you need some spares, lets get in touch with the spare part dealer.

BTW, this dealer is like any regular spare part dealer in Ram Koti. Only thing we have an advantage is that he is known to me for quite a few years. I think most of the spares he markets are of made be TOP (TOP ka ______ dena is a common thing which will be heard in his shop most of the times by the mechanics who visit him). We might also get hold of a good electrician who can get wiring done for the head light.

BTW, what happened to the bullet mechanics near your mechanic's place. Normally bullet guys who go for long rides get their bulls' head lights modified, you should also try with them.

Raj.
Old 10th April 2009, 17:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
you never told about the "requirement of the parts"

Now that you got to know that I got to know that you need some spares, lets get in touch with the spare part dealer.

BTW, this dealer is like any regular spare part dealer in Ram Koti. Only thing we have an advantage is that he is known to me for quite a few years. I think most of the spares he markets are of made be TOP (TOP ka ______ dena is a common thing which will be heard in his shop most of the times by the mechanics who visit him). We might also get hold of a good electrician who can get wiring done for the head light.

BTW, what happened to the bullet mechanics near your mechanic's place. Normally bullet guys who go for long rides get their bulls' head lights modified, you should also try with them.

Raj.
TOP brand is a taiwanese brand i guess. Some say its local too. Anyways, regarding the Bullet guys, all they do is change the relay and put a 60/55. These Nawabs anyways have nothing better than stock. Well electricians are the best guys to contact. Lets take this conversation onto a call.
Old 13th April 2009, 10:19   #25
BHPian

@furioussphinx:
get a brand new RX135 headlight unit and put in a 35W bulb, it's reasonably bright. It beats getting someone to rewind the coil, lighten the magneto and offer to change your regulator/rectifier for a locally made one.
I've heard good reviews about Ravi Nagesh's kit from Bangalore.

For a disc, the Pulsar 150/180 "classic" is the best bet. In case I haven't earlier, let me reemphasize, nothing else will ever come close to BRAND NEW PARTS.
In case the brand new setup turns out heavy on your wallet, then look for a used set of fork legs (sliders and inner tubes). Get the forks serviced and trued. Buy the master cylinder, hubs, rotor, carrier plate, etc brand new.
You will have to face the speedo worm unit in a lathe shop.

NOTE: They might try to sell you 1st gen P180DTSi forks as the first batch forks. But these are a few mm thicker than the older gen forks. So be careful when buying.

Hope that helps.
Old 28th October 2009, 22:45   #26
BHPian

It has been a long time since I updated this thread. A LOT has been done on the bike and it came out splendid! Its a beast and rides like a shotgun! For now, let the pics do the talking. Will take better pics soon and will write the mods done etc over the weekend.

@MODS, Kindly change the topic to "My T-RX - Street Build".
Attached Thumbnails
My T-RX - Street Build from RX135 (Update & Pics on Pg.2)-miniimg_4898.jpg  

My T-RX - Street Build from RX135 (Update & Pics on Pg.2)-miniimg_4972.jpg  

My T-RX - Street Build from RX135 (Update & Pics on Pg.2)-miniimg_4987.jpg  

My T-RX - Street Build from RX135 (Update & Pics on Pg.2)-miniimg_4990.jpg  

My T-RX - Street Build from RX135 (Update & Pics on Pg.2)-miniimg_5004.jpg  

My T-RX - Street Build from RX135 (Update & Pics on Pg.2)-miniimg_5015.jpg  

My T-RX - Street Build from RX135 (Update & Pics on Pg.2)-miniimg_5017.jpg  

My T-RX - Street Build from RX135 (Update & Pics on Pg.2)-miniimg_5022.jpg  

My T-RX - Street Build from RX135 (Update & Pics on Pg.2)-miniimg_5043.jpg  

My T-RX - Street Build from RX135 (Update & Pics on Pg.2)-miniimg_5060.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by furioussphinx : 28th October 2009 at 23:03.
Old 29th October 2009, 10:56   #27
BHPian

Hi Sagar,

Must say your bike looks awesome! I love the color.How much did the paint job cost?Also,which silencer/exhaust are you using?it isnt stock.How does this affect the intial speed?Would also like to know which bulb+reflector are you finally using since my 135 also doesnt have good headlights...
Great work,once again!
Old 29th October 2009, 16:38   #28
BHPian

Thanks buddy. Its a DuPont Matte Black paint and it costed me around 3k including labour etc. Infact the work isnt done satisfactorily, so have to get it redone with that chap and the silencer has to be powder coated. Am using a custom calculated Expansion chamber. Got it made by Joel. It does boost the power throughout the powerband and the kick lies in the mid and top rev bands. Basically, I got my head completely ported and polished, so the power was being wasted with the stock exhaust and the bike was choking. So this helped ease the power. The one stop solution for the HL is the RDD 100/90 lightening kit but am not in a position to afford it. Am running the stock bulb and reflector. Risky but cant help it. Wanted to put in a HID kit but dint.
Old 29th October 2009, 16:39   #29
BHPian

List of mods:
ART 58mm piston
Head ported and polished
Keihin d-slide 28mm carb
Custom Expansion Chamber
Custom sprocket and jetting
Exide battery (Karizma one, forgot the amps maybe 7.5)
DuPont Matte Black paintjob
FZ handlebar with bar end weights
Old bullet taillight
Roots Dualtone horn
Tires - 18" Zapper Q at the rear and R15 17" front
Pulsar front end disk conversion with forks
RTR Mirrors

Waiting to try the RDD Digital CDI
Old 30th October 2009, 11:17   #30
BHPian

Hi Sagar,

Just a couple of points from my side.I would love to see the seat to be done a little differently.basically I feel if the front portion of seat is cut a little more to create a deeper hump,that should look better.( Again,thats what I feel).
The stock speedometer looks good but maybe your bike will look better with a single meter...or maybe you are already thinking of getting a digital meter & that will look good on your bike.

Must say that the rear view mirror looks really good and gives the bike that 'mean' look.
Would want to see the Enfield taillight.If you can post some pics..

Hows FZ handlebar,hows the overall feel of it?Also,how much did the disc conversion and forks cost you? Do you think with a disc brake the normal skidding problem on an RX increases?

Also,with porting,wouldnt that decrease the engine life?

After seeing your bike pic yesterday,I spotted a 5 speed 135 on the road with expansion chamber.And that bike had some speed!!! So I can well imagine the performance of your bike now.

I know I am putting in a lot of questions for you,but your bike looks so good that I can incorporate some of the mods on my bike too!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks