Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:16   #1
BHPian

Help Needed in acquiring RoadKing 95 Model

Hi all, It's been long time I had interacted with you guys because of the tight schedule. Coming back to point, I have been searching for used RoadKing/Bullet since six months and came to see couple of Road kings also , but I was not satisfied.

Couple of used Electra's I tried, but the price they quoted was un-realistic.
(For 55K done 5S , owner quoted 60K).
I tried new Bull Electra 5S also and it was too good. But because of current crunch in financial market I can't afford 97K + accessories cost(almost 1L) by this time.

But Yesterday I saw two roadkings , the person seems like collector of classic bikes. One is '90 Model, and another one is '95 model.

For 90 Model he is quoting 20K and for 95 model -> 28K (oopps.Yes I mean it)

The 95 model looks very decent, and it is completely done vehicle with sealed engine.( he is claiming, But I need to check it with my mechanic).

But Is it really worth of spending 28K on this ??? I did the testdrive and it looks ok to me, But I am not the veteran in automobiles and I was not able to notice anything.( To be frank )

If I take 95 model, what max can be given ??
OR If I take 90 model, what max can be given??
I need to close the deal before friday this week. So can you guys please suggest me?

FYI:
Now I am doing with my HH Ambition 135 ,crossed 50K milege and I need to change my bike as it is giving so much of problems.
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:00   #2
BHPian

From my search, I can say that the older bikes fetch more than newer. You can safely pay 28k for a pristine Jawa or early model Yezdi. But I wouldn't pay that much for a Road King. Talk him down to 20/21.

Plenty of RKs available in Hyderabad for 15-17k. Haven't personally checked them out by my mechanic wants to sell me one every time I visit him.
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:55   #3
BHPian

Heu double: Both the prices seem to be on the higher side but then cannot really comment without seeing at least a picture of the bike. You could pay 28k if the bike has been completely worked upon. A sealed engine is just a joke unless the RK has done less than 10,000 km. I would rather go for a bike that has a completely overhauled engine and unless a bike of 1995 is really buggered up should be on the first or second oversized piston at the max.

So I would suggest to get hold of a mechanic and show him the bike and evaluate what it would cost you after buying the bike. I would keep a budget of 30k for a RK, which includes every cost, including that of transfer and insurance.

Im surprised you did not get a bike after searching for 6 months, gimme a call or msg if I dont answer. I will PM you my number. I know of a few bikes that might interest you.

Most Viewed