Team-BHP - The Yamaha YZF R125 a mystery
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The Yamaha YZF R125 a mystery (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/55557-yamaha-yzf-r125-mystery.html)

Hi All,
I recently came accross a topic of discussion in my office about the Yamaha YZF R125, ofcourse I had no idea what to say as I didn't know if Yamaha India is planning to launch this bike. After doing some searches in google I am only getting more confused because 50% articles say that it will be launched in 2009 and 50% are skeptic of the launch. I thought it would be a nice topic to post here since there are so many enthusiasts. I saw the pictures of the bike and it looked like a beauty to me. Much better looking and better performer than the R15. So its my request to all the TBHP members to help me out of this dilema :Frustrati as I too have become interested in getting this bike.

lol: Looks like no one has an answer to this question. I really was hoping some one would know about this or atleast have an idea.

Much better looking and better performer than the R15

eh? where did you get that from???

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver_shadow (Post 1228743)
Much better looking and better performer than the R15

eh? where did you get that from???

R125 is supposed to be a full on performance bike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by punterccrx8s (Post 1228852)
R125 is supposed to be a full on performance bike.

can you cite an article that suggests this and with an explanation why? hard to believe from a 125 cc single cylinder 4stroke with 2 valves that produces 13bhp.

Maybe the Fz-s was planned for release not the R125.

Products | India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd.

Here is a pic.I think it looks much cooler than r15.

The Yamaha YZF R125 a mystery-yamaha_yzf_r125_2008_st2pz.jpg

The 125 is designed for Europre where there is a cc limit for teenagers to ride bikes. it does share parts with the desi R15 but overall more agressive suspension, seating position and styling. No reason to launch it in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 1230647)
The 125 is designed for Europre where there is a cc limit for teenagers to ride bikes. it does share parts with the desi R15 but overall more agressive suspension, seating position and styling. No reason to launch it in India.

agree: I'm quite sure the 125 is not going to be launched in India.

Thank you for the inputs guys, I too now feel that Yamaha doesn't have a reason to launch the bike in India. Although I was hoping they would do so. In UK they are being sold from 3500 to 6500 GBP depending on the model and certain features, not sure what but must be performance and looks.

lol and still no one has been able to say exactly how that little motor with 2 valves is going to give earth shattering performance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver_shadow (Post 1239093)
lol and still no one has been able to say exactly how that little motor with 2 valves is going to give earth shattering performance!

From the following link, you can see the specs of the bike.
Yamaha yzf-R125

It is giving 15ps from 125cc engine.. and that will be a shattering preformance for sure. I saw this bike yesterday in Belgium and it looks really better than the R15. But its really supersport model and I do not think Yamaha will bring it to India.
It is selling in Germany for a price starting from 3795€.. That means it will cost about 2.5lacs if they sell it in India. And do you think it will sell as a hot cake?!stupid:

Rs 2.5 lakhs for a 125cc engine isn't justified.The only thing different would be the fairings.

The R15 in essence is Yamaha's R125 for India. Does that unfold the mystery? :)

From the euro spec R125, look where it produces its peak power, at 9000rpm! Yamaha itself puts the R125 as a high revving machine. More for track days?

I see many people already speak '150cc ke gaadi ke liye lakh rupay? Isse achcha to Tata Nano kharido..!'

People in India see 125cc as commuter class. Honda Stunner is trying hard to create its identity. But with R125, if Yamaha brings it in its Sporty mould, it'd also be very highly priced. So, how many products is Yamaha willing to have in the ~1L price range? Is it ready to place the R125 in the same niche as R15?

Hey guys, check this out this link:

pricewale.com - Yamaha India Will Launch R125 On 17th April.

Could it be for real?