Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rectifier Problem with HH Karizma

Today morning while going to office my bike shut down all of a sudden and then all elctricals gone dead, after little troubleshooting i found 20A fuse has gone. so replaced it with one spare, after 5 mins of riding same thing happened. went to HH service center and they told me rectifier is gone and need to be replaced which is 2.5k

any one knows about this, and what is the function of the rectifier ? its the small part fixed on the back just right next to the tools box, its behind the side panel, there is aluminium heatsink over it. there service center guy told me that its over heating so there something wrong inside :-/ i didn't find it too hot tho i will try to post a pic of the part.

EDIT: added the pic

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Also avoid SMS language Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Rectifier Problem with HH Karizma-imag0066.jpg  

Last edited by Rahulkool : 23rd March 2009 at 16:42. Reason: see note in post
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Rectifier if I am not wrong is there for charging the battery (or is that the RR unit)

I am not sure, lets see what others have to say
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

It is basically an AC to DC converter , supplies current for battery charging .

Last edited by ms001 : 23rd March 2009 at 16:57.
Old 23rd March 2009, 17:00   #4
BHPian

2500?!? geez. I would look for a compatible rectifier from another bike that should be way cheaper. Isn't it a pretty standardized part? 12V AC to DC should have compatible donors. My theory comes from the fact that my Yezdi is running on some KB rectifier.
Old 23rd March 2009, 17:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

2500 for that rectifier,are you sure?
may be you need to check again
Old 23rd March 2009, 18:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

You bought it? I'm sure some jugaad can be done around it.

That said, a Fiero RR unit (modded for higher power) used to cost 1000-1300 in BLR. So OEM HH is just the right price.
Old 23rd March 2009, 19:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

well after changing some 4-5 fuses i opened up the bike to chk the complete wiring and called up my regular mechanic at different service center, he told me its nothing to do with the relay, and it heats up a little thats not a problem. i just removed the front fairing and checked few cables fitted it back again and voila everything is perfect lol, went to the service center and asked the guy to chk he just told me that some ignition wire was touching earth that why it was happening.

i should have gone to him first but this service center was close to my place so checked there, well this place sucks coz even last time i gave them for replacing the disk pads they messed up the brakes. that why i wanted to confirm again before changing anything.

thanks guys, hopefully problem is sorted out, i have ridden it for around 25kms and its working fine.

EDIT: i am not sure about the price as last time when i got the brakes pads replaced they charged some 300-400bucks extra from the print and i was told that the prices have increased, i was really in hurry that day so didn't argued with them

Last edited by Rahulkool : 23rd March 2009 at 19:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks