Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2011, 15:43   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Enfield Queries

If your bike is a ES model then straight fit without any issues.
Old 16th March 2011, 18:13   #77
BHPian

Machismo with Cdi, Ac-Dc electrics, & 5Ah stock battery, A/c headlamp?

you can try 7Ah(7.5?) battery & it might be the max this stock setup can handle. May be 9Ah with h/l powering coil looped into charging coil, not sure though. 14Ah m/c's run very different setup & so an upgrade would necessitate many changes, starting from the clutch cases
Old 16th March 2011, 18:46   #78
BHPian

I wanted to know if it is possible to put in the split seats in Machismo like the ones that come with the RE Classic. Will the RE Service center guys do it for me ?
Old 16th March 2011, 19:48   #79
Senior - BHPian

But the alternator for the last 500lb with the huge battery and my non-ES 350lb is the same, isn't it? I Guess the wiring is the same too apart from the ES and clutch lever wire.
Old 16th March 2011, 21:07   #80
BHPian

Quote:
..the alternator for the last 500lb with the huge battery and my non-ES 350lb is the same, isn't it?..
If your's is a Tci ignition then the stator might look similar to Es machismo but would differ in windings. Cdi's stator is like left one in pic, right is of Tci m/c.
Royal Enfield Queries-coil.jpg
Newer machismo/ electra stators are like- KS:1 ph, 4 wire & ES: 3 ph, 3 wire. Wiring loom, regulator, rectifier also differ. If the stator is like right one in pic, a retrofit to 3ph is fairly easy without requiring change of clutch cases, crank Lh shaft(?) or magnet.
Old 16th March 2011, 21:33   #81
BHPian

Well i am not a pro but i am trying to put 2 on 2 togather.
My query is bit less complicated or may be bit naive. Iam
wanting to change my engine oil and i am not sure on the decision
of the choice of 20w50 oil(car oil in the same grade) my CI 350 would take!

Ideally Bike oils are classified, and as per logic if car oil gets into the
bike will it not SLIP ? even its the recommended 20w50 grade?
Does REML > BULLETS have DRY or WET CLUTCH ?

Also my picking on the mineral oil version was GULF MULTI G & VEEDOL TURBOSTAR
(API SM specifications)

All comments are most welcome

Regards
TND
Old 17th March 2011, 17:01   #82
Senior - BHPian

Mine is the CDI ignition.

In simple words - Can I fit the bigger battery or not? If not, why not?
Old 17th March 2011, 21:02   #83
BHPian

^ I would say No. it'll face charging issues.

why do you want to go for 14ah?
Old 17th March 2011, 21:28   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
If not, why not?
Why do you want the bigger battery?

Is the wiring OE or non-OE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueyTND View Post
Well i am not a pro but i am trying to put 2 on 2 togather.
There is lot of talk already done on the oils that are good. Look around the forum. We will be repeating it here again. Come up with options and we will says whats good or bad.

Last edited by Spitfire : 17th March 2011 at 21:32.
Old 17th March 2011, 21:54   #85
BHPian

@ spitfire

I already came across a shortlisted 5star thread for engine
oils .Now my only reason to put it upfront here was to
ensure not to overdo things elsewhere.

Plus my primary Question/Enquiry
was related to the Clutch system thereof .

Thanks
Old 17th March 2011, 22:45   #86
Senior - BHPian

The wiring is OE. I thought that a larger battery would at least store more power and will not discharge as quickly as the smaller one.

If its not possible, I'll just go ahead and pick the Amaron battery. I've already changed the Exide battery twice, and they seem to conk off exactly after the warranty period. Amaron sealed batteries would be lesser maintainence and IMO better than Exide.
Old 17th March 2011, 22:59   #87
BHPian

Quote:
The wiring is OE. I thought that a larger battery would at least store more power and will not discharge as quickly as the smaller one.

If its not possible, I'll just go ahead and pick the Amaron battery. I've already changed the Exide battery twice, and they seem to conk off exactly after the warranty period. Amaron sealed batteries would be lesser maintainence and IMO better than Exide.

Gordon,

Layoff from the 48 month Green Aamron Dry cell! A big no no!
I recently shifted to the conventional exide's 12v 5amp cell as i too
thought of going the AAMRON way. The Dealer in charge recommended
otherwise saying " Boss Dry Cell Fail Hai Market mein "

He showed the evidences that people have experienced trouble and he has gotten them replaced in 6 months
period after installing them. Also showed me the paperworks for the same with customers bill/invoice.

If you are interested for a change stick to EXIDE's own range of SONIC batteries,
the Dealer also suggests the TATA BATTERIES which support excellent
service with better Warranty norms.

My 2 cents
TND

Last edited by torqueyTND : 17th March 2011 at 23:03. Reason: typos
Old 18th March 2011, 10:55   #88
BANNED

Quote:
Plus my primary Question/Enquiry
was related to the Clutch system thereof .
Dude not being a smart *** but you asked what oil to use in the clutch assembly and then you ask what type of clutch is it? Wet or dry?

Quote:
Ideally Bike oils are classified, and as per logic if car oil gets into the bike will it not SLIP ? even its the recommended 20w50 grade?
Does REML > BULLETS have DRY or WET CLUTCH ?
Don't use car oils. Your logic is sane and they should work but they don't. Stick to recommended oils only. These are tested by the parent company and are optimal.

Unless you are going for high mileage runs i.e. stressful engine conditions upgrading to a better oil makes sense. Orelse stick to recommended brew.

Quote:
Then maybe the problem is not with the battery. Check the rest of your electrical system. A non charging battery will have a shorter life.

Exide batteries quality has gone down the dumps. Batteries on my Bullet never more then 3 years and since they are an important component I changed them before they failed.
Old 18th March 2011, 11:33   #89
Senior - BHPian

I'll get the battery checked one last time. The battery loses its charge quite fast. I'll also be changing the regulator because when I used a spare one, the ammeter moved a bit more towards charging. Its was a definite increase.
Old 22nd March 2011, 20:25   #90
Senior - BHPian

Dear TBHPians,

I think I have associated myself with a big white elephant(RE 500) which is also sick like anything.

After spending a lots of money after the seizure on the day one of my purchase, I was riding the bull under 60kmph speed for 1000kms. (please refer to my thread here at : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...500-power.html)

I observed few items for change: Rocker, Silencer, Speedo meter and Oil pump.

You must ask me, why am I very particular about these items. The number one reason till I close 1000kms on the odo, the rides were really good as I always maintained below 60kmph. After crossing 1000kms I thought of pushing the bull to a little high and you know what? I started getting that old vibration issue. This time I came down below 60kmph to save remaining parts on the bike.

I went to 2 big bull mechanics in Chennai to take opinion, so the following ideas:

1. As I have completed 1000kms the oil service could be done

2. Rocker and push rod needs to be checked

3. The silencer needs to be changed (suggested by the mechanic after riding my bull. He stated lot of power loss as the exhaust is not actually flowing the smoke out creating a jam). This could be another reason for the vibration as well.

Alright, as I have got the tigers tail I need to know try these options. So took the Bull to Chezhian (ex-bullet dealer service personal at Triplicane) to change the rocker assy.

For my surprise, I found that the push rod is bend hence I bought a new push rod aswell. As everyone was telling me to revert the silencer to original spec, I decided to stick to time tested goldstar model. But with my current bend pipe nothing going to be possible. Hence got OE RE500 pend pipe for Rs.3100 from chennai shop. My mechanic lend me his Goldstar silencer made by some bangalore company for testing purpose. I'm currently riding the bull with the Goldstar and stock pend pipe. The sound is amazing and the pickup is really changed a lot, but my mechanic still suspects pickup is not at par with RE 500 mark.

We changed the oil, rocker, push rod, oil filter and oil pump. As you all know my bike runs on RE 500 brand new cyl kit and the engine is serviced with all OE parts just about 1000kms before.

Now while I push my bullet about 70kmph, I'm getting that worst vibration and I'm clueless for any solution.

Does anyone here have some remedy for my problem. The following are non-standard in my RE500

1. The rear shocks are gas filled ones
2. some cosmetics

I have validated that the oil circulation is much better now, the vibration comes only when I cross 70 mark but with in 70kmph speed my bike runs like heaven. But unfortunately I couldn't even over take a TVS super XL moped till date. What a shame and I really disappointed the way I got into this messy RE500.

Last edited by trammway : 22nd March 2011 at 20:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks