Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 10:58   #1
BHPian

Looking for RD 350 Carbs and Clutch Inner Basket

Hi i am from mumbai and redoing my RD350 looking for a pair of Carbs and Cluth inner basket so anybody got for sale... plz help me out...

Rgds
Sanju Sahu
Old 30th March 2009, 12:32   #2
BHPian

No point hunting for stock RD 350 carbs when you can buy flatslides now. Invest in a pair of TM28s, worth the money.

Now coming to the clutch inner basket, what a pain to find one. I searched for months to find a second hand one. Your best bet would be mechs or chor bazaar. because these things rarely get spoiled it very difficult to find one.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:23   #3
BANNED

^+1 dont even think of buying the present clutch baskets floating around for 3K, buy used one in decent shape and you are done, or US eBay is good option if you are getting the primery drive along with basket.
I bought one complete bottom end itself just to stock one set of clutch basket unit and standard pin crank.
Old 30th March 2009, 15:55   #4
BHPian

The mechanic(Ramesh) in chandigarh has both the things, if you have any friends/relatives around here to buy them for you, then i can surely help you by taking them there and getting a decent part, but if you dont have anybody, then i would'nt want to go through the trouble.
I myself do have both these things, but sadly i am planning of selling my bike and these parts would be included in all the extra stuff i have for the bike.
Old 30th March 2009, 16:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
No point hunting for stock RD 350 carbs when you can buy flatslides now. Invest in a pair of TM28s, worth the money.
Where do I get these for my bike?

Quote:
Now coming to the clutch inner basket, what a pain to find one. I searched for months to find a second hand one. Your best bet would be mechs or chor bazaar. because these things rarely get spoiled it very difficult to find one.
If you have someone abroad, get the clutch basket off a Banshee (ATV) - it has the same engine. If possible get the whole clutch assembly of the Banshee. Doesnt cost a lot - probably less than what you would pay for an overpriced used clutch basket in India.
Old 30th March 2009, 16:48   #6
BANNED

HVCcycle: Historic,Vintage, Competition,* Motorcycle Support. is good place for many RD parts including Flatsliders.
Old 31st March 2009, 04:51   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Anywhere in India that I can get the TM28 or VM28? What is the approximate cost of these?

-pat-
Old 31st March 2009, 09:01   #8
BHPian

No you wouldnt find TM off the shelf in India. You might have to bring it in from US/Singapore etc.

Steeroid: Your RD is getting a rebuild right? so you know whom to ask. Also if you are in dubai its even more easier to get it there.
Old 31st March 2009, 10:15   #9
BANNED

Pair of Flatsliders are available in India for 7K and you know why its so cheap, never invest on those junks.Get it if someone is coming from abroad or order to online stores.
Old 31st March 2009, 11:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

How come no one is recommending Keihin PWKs?
Old 31st March 2009, 17:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Steeroid: Your RD is getting a rebuild right? so you know whom to ask. Also if you are in dubai its even more easier to get it there.
"Whom to ask" tells me to get it from abroad since the ones at home are too expensive and are most probably fake.

The trouble is that the garages here give me blank stares when I ask about carbs. Then they stare at my bike and ask me why I would ever want a carb

Perhaps I am trying the wrong garages - I should try ATV/Quad garages and not motorcycle garages. Places that work on Banshees, for example.

PS: I am utterly in love with the Banshee after riding one extensively (pretty much all day!) a week ago. Not too good for my back, though :(
Old 31st March 2009, 21:28   #12
BHPian

sanju baba just get the original indian RD VM 28s . stock carbs are good enough , ur not doing a high end build . search in chor bazaar . Dont even think of buying TMs and PWKs unless :

1) they are brand new and u are getting them from a trusted source from abroad . preferably not South East Asia which is flooded with fakes .

2) You will need a good tuner to dail ur jetting in . They are a b*tch to dail in !
Old 31st March 2009, 23:30   #13
BHPian

thanks for all your inputs.i dont know how many of you know chotu from chembur, he sold of my clutch inner basket and my carbs and lot many things, well right now just stuck on the clutch and the carbs, hopefully find it tommorow from a mechanic.

thanks if you know somebody from mumbai who is selling the carbs do pm me or post here. Dont have the budget for brand new carbs.

Thanx

Last edited by Jaggu : 31st March 2009 at 23:48. Reason: Please type in full english and avoid shorthand.Thanks
Old 1st April 2009, 11:08   #14
BHPian

Quote:
i really agree with you been hunting this from a 15 days now not a single person has it, and who ever has it is asking like a bomb money ya
Old 6th April 2009, 17:30   #15
BHPian

atlast found both the stuffs, thanks all for your inputs. will post the RD pics soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks