Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2009, 11:24   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
sweet pictures man.
I hope you do wear a helmet while riding. . Anyways the bullet standard is the safari superimposition to the bike world in terms of niggling problems. It slowly grows on you. Don't worry. Give her sometime to settle.
And bullets don't leak man, they mark there territory.
This is what's called 'taking things in their stride....'
Old 1st April 2009, 11:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

The clatter with AVL is because of the aluminium engine.
Al is better conductor of sound, and it imparts different characteristic to the sound passing thru compared to cast iron used in STD bullet.

Electra and STD should have same / similar sounds. However becasue of the lighter crank on Electra, the engine revs a little higher and the DUP DUP sound is much quicker, rather than the lazy and totally royal thump that you get from STD bull.
Old 1st April 2009, 12:04   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
But guys Iam having a stupid issue with by Carb. When i park it, if i dont close the knob theres a bad leak from it. Petrol is dripping from the bottom of the carb
Quote:
And bullets don't leak man, they mark there territory.
Sir bharti22shresth, do you usually give solutions like these for a leaking carb or is that you just dont know anything. Ignorance is bliss i know. But then try and be a bit knowledgeable. Petrol leaks on a bike can be disastorous.

If the bike has been ridden for sometime and the petrol leaks on to the hot silencer. I dont need to tell you what might happen. So please if you dont have a solution to a problem, dont call it marking your territory BS.

@sam_sant2005: Ask the mechanic to check the float in the carb.

You have a long way to go with the Bullet man... Lets hope you do well.

What bike did you ride before getting the Bullet?
Old 1st April 2009, 16:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

@sam_sant2005:Congrats on the purchase of std350 bullet.
These days ,I am seeing 3-4 new bullets(Std only!) in my town.all with long bottle silencer which they haven't replaced for the short bottle one(for thump).I don't know why ,may be these days ,they don't care for the thump at all?may be concerned with growing pollution cause ,I think (catcon).
--
regarding the carburator leaking ,this problem can be of many reasons.I heard good about the RE brandshop workshop @kalamassery.Hope they can resolve this.
All Std Bullets brand new are Heavy Crank Models??(can ride at 20-25kmph at 4th gear) True?do confirm.
-
The Few AVL's I rode made different type of noise!each one got it's own slightly different tik-tak sounds.
Regarding AVL's ,what it got as a better thing?a geared oil pump perhaps.nothing more I guess(if not less).
that said Current Bullet 500LB's with Wind Shield is worth something to see.I saw sometime back two 500's possibly going to Munnar as part of touring may be.Excellent Looks and Bigger Feeling.

Last edited by deepclutch : 1st April 2009 at 16:09.
Old 1st April 2009, 16:41   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Sir bharti22shresth, do you usually give solutions like these for a leaking carb or is that you just dont know anything. Ignorance is bliss i know. But then try and be a bit knowledgeable. Petrol leaks on a bike can be disastorous.

If the bike has been ridden for sometime and the petrol leaks on to the hot silencer. I dont need to tell you what might happen. So please if you dont have a solution to a problem, dont call it marking your territory BS.
With all respects sir, I wasn't giving the solution. This is a bullet we are talking about and I may not own myself but I do know so much about bullets (from general observation of atleast 30 bullet bullet owners and their problems, though no technical knowledge) that one has to be a bullet passionate to be keeping up with it.
Yes, this isn't a solution but problems big or small will subside one at a time as they are taken care of. And petrol leaks on anything can be disastrous. I was just being optimistic. It wasn't in a solution sense in the first place, more to do with the attitude that one owns a bullet with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
You have a long way to go with the Bullet man... Lets hope you do well.
SERIOUS ADVICE sam_sant2005- Go get the bike checked ASAP!

cheers
bharti22shresth

P.S. I am an information technology student sir. Knowledge is my bread winner. Knowledge is what we have gathered here in the first place for.
Old 1st April 2009, 16:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

but ,there is no leaking at all in my 2005 4 speed bullet electra!
Old 1st April 2009, 17:03   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Yes, this isn't a solution but problems big or small will subside one at a time as they are taken care of.
This marking its territory gyaan was given by somebody else to a friend of mine. The engine seized as he was happily letting the bike mark its territory.

Quote:
P.S. I am an information technology student sir. Knowledge is my bread winner. Knowledge is what we have gathered here in the first place for.
We are all the same. One thing though having internet does give us theoretical knowledge the tough part is using it practically. And when it comes to Bullet - you never know enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
but ,there is no leaking at all in my 2005 4 speed bullet electra!
Better get it checked.
Old 1st April 2009, 17:38   #23
BHPian

Congrats - way to go. I thought RTO rules made gears on left side mandatory for all bikes in India. Glad to know this beauty still got it in the right side. I own a TBird (old) but nothing like the the thump of a STD 350. In fact am hunting for a pre-72 is as original condition as possible
Old 1st April 2009, 17:52   #24
BHPian

welcome!

congrats on your decision and pruchase. i have owned a 72 model since 2003 when i bought it in kolkata and drove it through india and shipped it back to the usa. love it!
now i am in the northeast of india on my buddy's 86 standard and it is the only bike i could enjoy here. of course, there will be aggravation and some heartache along the way. find a good mechanic to do your work. and DO break it in properly! 40kph for the first 500kms. change the oil often in the beginning and you will be fine.
a good bullet club to contact nearish to you is 60kph in mumbai.
its nice when you are driving across the country and other bullet riders acknowledge you with a fist pump or a wave!
we are all in the same family as it were.
all the best
mitch
Old 1st April 2009, 17:59   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sam, Welcome to the world of Bull

I own 500(CI) and a Machismo (AVL)..anyday i love the thump of the CI
Old 1st April 2009, 18:36   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
Congrats - way to go. I thought RTO rules made gears on left side mandatory for all bikes in India. Glad to know this beauty still got it in the right side. I own a TBird (old) but nothing like the the thump of a STD 350. In fact am hunting for a pre-72 is as original condition as possible
Yes sir, bullet standard and the bullet 4s are the only 2 bikes in production in read(THE WORLD) to be having gears on the right hand side and soon enough this is will be changed. Royal enfield has been given a time line to do so. I'm not too sure but on my last visit, the dealer was saying something like end of 2009 or something.

cheers
bharti22shresth
Old 1st April 2009, 18:56   #27
BHPian

i have a Machismo 500 which is 6 months old.

even after changing the silencer(narrow bottle).still i dont get the sound we get in STD BULLET.

Any clue or idea to get the royal thunder beat
Old 1st April 2009, 19:56   #28
BANNED

Hey congratulations - there is something in the Classic Bullet 350 Std that appeals to every man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Talking of other bikes. all are just 'buzzing' bikes.fast and furious. those are for the kids to play around, not for men!
I distinctly remember an old print advertisement for the Enfield Bullet that went:

LET THE BOYS HAVE THEIR TOYS. IN A MAN'S WORLD, IT TAKES A MAN'S BIKE.

Last edited by hrag : 1st April 2009 at 19:59.
Old 1st April 2009, 20:16   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Hey congratulations - there is something in the Classic Bullet 350 Std that appeals to every man.

I distinctly remember an old print advertisement for the Enfield Bullet that went:

LET THE BOYS HAVE THEIR TOYS. IN A MAN'S WORLD, IT TAKES A MAN'S BIKE.
Advertisements are different . Are enfields worth purchasing ? The parts used are all 3 rd rate parts , clutch , gearbox , a cast sprocket , brakes .. Hmmmm

I can understand the engine part ,the thump ,but , RE has to seriously consider upgarding the quality of parts used . People pay through their noses and for 70- 1.20 K grand , I would not expect a bike to fail every month .

After reading my post , I am sure a lot of people who are fans of bullet would not agree with my points . But , again in this world who has the time to spend hrs at a workshop every month ?

And someone said , bullet is the most stable bike in a previous thread . I guess he has not driven any other bike in his life .. LOL

And for the record I have owned a machismo , a std and sold the bikes off when i felt that life isnt worth wasting on these run off the mill ,bollywood style bikes .
Old 2nd April 2009, 10:49   #30
BHPian

Fitting STD with Disc brake

Sam,
would consider buying add on kit from RE to fix disc brake on your Bulls front leg.

To other BHP-ians, do you think this is a good option.

Just a curiousity question

Most Viewed