Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

Jimmy, no issues at all. disc breake is required on the bull!
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:35   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
Advertisements are different . Are enfields worth purchasing ? The parts used are all 3 rd rate parts , clutch , gearbox , a cast sprocket , brakes ..
You should read this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...day-wow-6.html

I am not alone
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:48   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Advertisements are different . Are enfields worth purchasing ?

And for the record I have owned a machismo , a std and sold the bikes off when i felt that life isnt worth wasting on these run off the mill ,bollywood style bikes .
Whether Enfields are worth purchasing or not is something each person decides for himself. You did, twice. Why the second time? Asking only to understand the whole Enfield attraction.

Edit: Shall we not hijack this ownership thread? Any fistfights can break out in the thread spitfire has quoted?

Last edited by hrag : 2nd April 2009 at 12:00.
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Advertisements are different . Are enfields worth purchasing ? The parts used are all 3 rd rate parts , clutch , gearbox , a cast sprocket , brakes .. Hmmmm

I can understand the engine part ,the thump ,but , RE has to seriously consider upgarding the quality of parts used . People pay through their noses and for 70- 1.20 K grand , I would not expect a bike to fail every month .

After reading my post , I am sure a lot of people who are fans of bullet would not agree with my points . But , again in this world who has the time to spend hrs at a workshop every month ?

And someone said , bullet is the most stable bike in a previous thread . I guess he has not driven any other bike in his life .. LOL

And for the record I have owned a machismo , a std and sold the bikes off when i felt that life isnt worth wasting on these run off the mill ,bollywood style bikes .
Most of the enfields that I have seen (my old Tbird, friends Electra, another's old Machismo, gym instructor's STD...) have not visited garage that frequent.

In fact mine goes only for once in 6 months service, ever since I have bought.
I understand that Enfields are poorly machined and engineered, however, not so much that you label them as junk.
Old 2nd April 2009, 12:03   #35
Team-BHP Support

My Bike did Rider Mania in January.

That is about 2k kms in about 4 ~ 5 days.

It had been last serviced in December.
Today is the second of April. I am yet to get her serviced or even a visit the mechanic.

Use the bike atleast 3 times a week to get to office (15 Kms one-way).
The bike is July 03 model with some 70k kms on it.

I feel so pampered that I have forgotten the way to the mechanic shed.

You don't just buy an Enfield.
You fall in love with it.
Unlike women, this is something you can UNDERSTAND.
All you need to do is try a little.

Its the bike for the man who doesn't have to try too hard
Old 2nd April 2009, 12:45   #36
BHPian

hey sam , nice ride run her in well, on another note i just cant get the whole " it takes a man to ride a bullet ", " its a mans bike" blah blah blah.. grow up guys and stop being so infantile. Yes a bullet has its own charm but its not the last word in motorbikes or "man-liness". face it, its poor engineering, not very good performance, and iffy quality at times but in india we dont really have any other choice for a long distance cruiser.

oh and before the bullet-boys , sorry men, attempt to verbally bash me; i ride a 93 std bullet too. but i know what its pros and cons are.
peace out.
Old 2nd April 2009, 15:55   #37
BANNED

And the tribe grows
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:14   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
grow up guys and stop being so infantile.
Who are you calling infantile, you Bullet rider?
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:37   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Who are you calling infantile, you Bullet rider?
just you rag-man
Old 2nd April 2009, 20:24   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
The clatter with AVL is because of the aluminium engine.
Al is better conductor of sound, and it imparts different characteristic to the sound passing thru compared to cast iron used in STD bullet.
You mean to say Aluminium is better conductor of sound? I doubt it. To my knowledge Iron has better sound conductivity than Al.
I think its due to other resons AL engines are noisy. Should I say RE never learnt that art in AL like Japanese makers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
All Std Bullets brand new are Heavy Crank Models??(can ride at 20-25kmph at 4th gear) True?do confirm.
-
Yes new Std Bullet has crank weight like 70s-80s bullet. Its crank weight is 10.25kgs
Old 7th April 2009, 20:13   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Whether Enfields are worth purchasing or not is something each person decides for himself. You did, twice. Why the second time? Asking only to understand the whole Enfield attraction.

Edit: Shall we not hijack this ownership thread? Any fistfights can break out in the thread spitfire has quoted?
I am trying to build a diesel engine for the bike . .. that is why bought the bikes . Now i have the chaisis and the gearbox only .
Old 7th April 2009, 20:16   #42
BANNED

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
You mean to say Aluminium is better conductor of sound? I doubt it. To my knowledge Iron has better sound conductivity than Al.
I think its due to other resons AL engines are noisy. Should I say RE never learnt that art in AL like Japanese makers.

Yes new Std Bullet has crank weight like 70s-80s bullet. Its crank weight is 10.25kgs

Well, I think it is due to the change in the head , piston , crank design ,timing to " extract" more mileage and less emissions .
Old 7th April 2009, 21:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Advertisements are different . Are enfields worth purchasing ? The parts used are all 3 rd rate parts , clutch , gearbox , a cast sprocket , brakes .. Hmmmm

I can understand the engine part ,the thump ,but , RE has to seriously consider upgarding the quality of parts used . People pay through their noses and for 70- 1.20 K grand , I would not expect a bike to fail every month .

After reading my post , I am sure a lot of people who are fans of bullet would not agree with my points . But , again in this world who has the time to spend hrs at a workshop every month ?

And someone said , bullet is the most stable bike in a previous thread . I guess he has not driven any other bike in his life .. LOL

this is going to be a classic thread. and trust me I am going to love it.
Lets us face the fact you could never handle a bull. I own a 26 yr old bull and it does Mumbai - Shirdi - Mumbai in a day without a glitch.

It needs normal servicing like any other bike, and it needs normal part changes like any other bike. I just give 1 argument to your types :
compare a bull which is 25 yrs old and any other bike which is 25 yrs old and then see which is reliable. This is the magic of the bull.

I will not post any more on the above topic.

And yes Sam that is a nice lovely classic 350. Cruising on her will be a delight. The bike has a lot of 'bling' on it thought right now

Happy Cruising.
Cheers,
AC
Old 7th April 2009, 21:07   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!! I love this good old model compared to the new ones. It looks great.

What is the on the road price of this model?
Old 7th April 2009, 22:53   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Congrats!! I love this good old model compared to the new ones. It looks great.

What is the on the road price of this model?
Onroad price Cochin - 81k incl accessories like Crash Guard, Saree Guard, Teflon Coating etc.

Most Viewed