Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 10:07   #1
BHPian

Honda Eterno Discontinued

Honda Eterno 150 CC MotoScooter - 4 Gears will be off production as per update from HMSI as the thrust is now on New 110CC Activa.

HMSI --> Products --> HONDA ETERNO --> About ETERNO

This was my first vehicle bought with my salary in 2004 for Rs 36K only,I still love the space,power,mileage ,ride , stability and near 0 maintenance and could never trade it for a new RE,Karizma,Yamaha as still my mom can manage if i plan not to take my Palio MJD for a ride.

All the extra luggage gets carried with ease on the foot board,under seat boot and front glove box specially trip to local vegetable market is pleasant without any traffic and parking issues

Truly Eternal Eterno thanks to Honda Japan to understand the requirement of Indians.
amarprusty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2009, 14:58   #2
BHPian

Eterno Sailed through the Bangalore Rain

My Eterno Sailed through the Bangalore Rain last wednesday night,MG road was flooded knee deep water,expensive cars and bikes inundated with water stranded by the road.

This amazing Motoscooter refused to stop whatever be the case and I reached safely home around midnight
Old 16th June 2009, 15:08   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

+1,
Eterno was(it still is) such a delightful scooter. Butter smooth engine, Awesome Handling and Ride quality (In Scooters) and great gears.
I still wonder why people resisted from buying this!
Possibly, this was the time when the prospective buyers was transitioning from Scooters to Bikes.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2009, 15:21   #4
BHPian

Best Scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
+1,
Eterno was(it still is) such a delightful scooter. Butter smooth engine, Awesome Handling and Ride quality (In Scooters) and great gears.
I still wonder why people resisted from buying this!
Possibly, this was the time when the prospective buyers was transitioning from Scooters to Bikes.
My Eterno was the 1st ever vehicle bought with my own money in 2004,was planning to get a new RE 500 LB Machismo however cancelled it as could not part with my faithfull Eterno
Old 16th June 2009, 17:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

I like the Eterno. never has Japan Inc ever designed a unique vehicle for India ...2 or 4 wheeler other than the Eterno.

They are pulling it due to poor sales, but if marketed better in rural areas, it would have sold.

Amar, how about a review of your Eterno with pics?

Last edited by Mpower : 16th June 2009 at 21:01.
Old 16th June 2009, 18:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Rightly said, its sad that the Eterno was not able to sell as it should have been able to.
The charm of hamara bajaj and the volumes were crazy for it to match irrespective of the fact it being better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks