Team-BHP - Car Shampoo for Bikes ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Car Shampoo for Bikes ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/57294-car-shampoo-bikes.html)

Can Car Shampoo's Be Used for Bike Cleaning ?

looking a good shampoo for my avenger confused what to use :(,how good is Sonax ?

Please help :)

I use Super-X Shampoo. Its a local brand, but very effective!

A car shampoo should be perfectly good. In any case, I'm yet to see a bike specific shampoo... lol. So you don't have a choice.

Haven't used Sonax... but it should be good. I'v used Waxpol, Eurogold, Formula 1. Out of these I'm happier with F1; though the other two are good too.

how good is sonax ?

can somebody give there view on these please ?

Advice please :).....

I use Sonax regularly on my Civic. No issues at all. Make sure it's genuine stuff though; lots of fakes, esp. Formula 1, in the market. You could also try looking in a good custom notified shop in your area. If you're lucky, they might be stocking some m'cycle care products.

Guys try Amway car shampoo, its amazing!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilchakola (Post 1290307)

I second that. Its the best cleaning product you can find for your car and bike.

I wash my 2004 Pulsar 180 DTSi with Amway car shampoo every Sunday, then follow it up with Eagle 1 Liquid Wax Polish. 2 other days in a week I simply clean it with plain water.

Even after 5 years, the bike shines like new. Will post a pic soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raccoon (Post 1274205)
In any case, I'm yet to see a bike specific shampoo... lol.

This could be a great business idea. Package car shampoo in a colourful pack with a bike picture on it. Voila you have a bike shampoo.

Anyone noticed the fairness cream for men. LOL. Same principle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilchakola (Post 1290307)

Quote:

Originally Posted by predatorwheelz (Post 1290825)
I second that. Its the best cleaning product you can find for your car and bike.

I too agree with them. It is really good and economical and eco friendly.
@predatorwheelz try amway silicon glaze after that it you will find it amazing rather than wax. Also easy to use than wax :) so less of physical work
I posted this earlier also. Need contact to buy let me know(PM me) will give my friends contact who delivers without any charges.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1290833)
This could be a great business idea. Package car shampoo in a colourful pack with a bike picture on it. Voila you have a bike shampoo.

Anyone noticed the fairness cream for men. LOL. Same principle.

Well the cream will at least need a masculine fragrance and stuff. The bike shampoo won't even need that much change, I reckon... lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raccoon (Post 1274205)
In any case, I'm yet to see a bike specific shampoo...

Motorbike specific products are available

Motorcycle :: Valeting :: Holts Auto

Car shampoos can be used w/o any problems in bikes. No need for any specuial shampoo !

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram18 (Post 1289638)
I use Sonax regularly on my Civic. No issues at all. Make sure it's genuine stuff though; lots of fakes, esp. Formula 1, in the market. You could also try looking in a good custom notified shop in your area. If you're lucky, they might be stocking some m'cycle care products.

got sonax from the distributor :)
happy with the results clap:

Cleaners specific to Motorcycles exist now, like this Muc-Off Motorcycle Cleaner. Removes oils/grease and hardened grime. I apply it everywhere. Just wet the bike, spray this on, leave for 5 minutes and clean with fresh water. Bike is as good as new