Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2007, 01:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

There is something about these Kinetic and LML bikes(not scooterettes), doesnt matter however good they are you just dont feel like going for it!!! Adreno, Aquila, GF 125, that other bike..hmm forgot its name, it was like Adrenos brother by LML!!!

Surprises me at times my own perception but I know I aint alone...
I never really felt like riding those bikes except once I rode a GF 125 and found it absolutly disastrous...the feel, power, gear slickness etc everything was below expectation! The company fellow tells me that the bike was a test ride vehicle hence it was bad, wat a balloney!!!

Any comments guys??

p.s: No offense of any sort to the fond owners of the bikes mentioned above.
Old 16th March 2008, 02:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
There is something about these Kinetic and LML bikes(not scooterettes), doesnt matter however good they are you just dont feel like going for it!!! Adreno, Aquila, GF 125, that other bike..hmm forgot its name, it was like Adrenos brother by LML!!!
you mean "energy". anyway, not sure what held you back, LML is screwed up, but as a bike, I have only good things to say about the adreno.

anyway, the reason I reopened the thread is that I needed to know if anybody knows a good mech for LML adreno. My brother is using it in bangalore (koramangala) and he is not able to locate a good mechanic. Bike was lying in bangy for more than an year when both of us were in states, and now it's not in a very good health.

bangy guys, please help.
Old 16th March 2008, 07:44   #18
Team-BHP Support

Apart from the Freedom, no LML bike managed to sell in respectable numbers.
LML service centres are few and far apart. The quality of the bikes was certainly not as good as Hero Honda or even Bajaj. The few Adrenos that you might get to see, look old and tattered. The Energy is not visible anywhere - haven't spotted one in years. An Adreno was recently rebuilt at my mechanic's place. It took a very long time due to unavailability of parts.
Old 16th March 2008, 10:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

I wonder what happend to all those bikes. I used to see a few of them running around here till a few years ago! nowadays, not even a single one is seen!!
Old 26th November 2008, 22:49   #20
BHPian

Hey buddy,
This is Bhaskar here. if you haven't yet found a good mechanic, i can suggest one. Though he charges a bomb (not a dynamite), he is worth the trust for ADRENO. I own one & am still proud of its efficiency. I get a neat 78KMPL.

His name is moses & he works in Wilson-Garden. His Tel No. is 080 22279656. You can refer my name to him. He will be able to arrange any spare part subject to availability. He has a good network nation-wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
you mean "energy". anyway, not sure what held you back, LML is screwed up, but as a bike, I have only good things to say about the adreno.

anyway, the reason I reopened the thread is that I needed to know if anybody knows a good mech for LML adreno. My brother is using it in bangalore (koramangala) and he is not able to locate a good mechanic. Bike was lying in bangy for more than an year when both of us were in states, and now it's not in a very good health.

bangy guys, please help.
Old 27th November 2008, 13:31   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
.p.s: No offense of any sort to the fond owners of the bikes mentioned above
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
i also drool about the looks of LML adreno at that time but in comparison to HH passion,bajaj caliber and the leader CBZ,this bike has no guts to match any bike in the compition.there is price diffrence in CBZ and Adreno disk is 4k INR only at that time.
cons : refinement,rattling body plastic,lower end torque is pathetic cos of three vlave technology and major concern relialbilty of engine in comparison to HH engines.

.p.s: No offense of any sort to the fond owners of the bikes mentioned above.
Old 25th May 2010, 15:24   #22
BHPian

Need body parts for LML Adreno...

Hello,
I'm actually reviving a 2 year old thread here! I own an LML Adreno 2001 silver model (the 100cc model, not the 110cc Adreno FX). It is my first (and only) motorcycle which I cherish a lot. It was gift from my Dad during my college days. Till date, it has been my daily ride. It has covered almost a lakh of kilometres, and is still going strong. I service and maintain it regularly, and have not faced any issues so far.
Recently, on my way home from office, a drunk labourer decided he wanted to try and enact the "local train racing" scene from the popular movie "Ghulam", except that he would use a moving motorcycle for lack of a nearby train station/track. He picked me for the experiment, as he probably thought that the front fairing of my bike works like some kind of pedestrian safety device . I managed to brake just in the nick of time to prevent myself from falling, and the bruised labourer was in a state of shock for a while (I hope he atleast gave up drinking after that incident). But for the bike, the bodily impact was disastrous. Both the left and right fairings cracked, as did the centre visor. The speedometer was ripped off its mounts. A blinker broke, and so did the headlight mounts. In short, everything that wasn't made of metal broke.
There is a good LML service centre in Pune where I have been servicing my bike since the beginning as a regular customer (Model Automobiles, Navi Peth). I know the owner well, and he takes good care of the bike. When I took the bike to him for repairs, he was in despair on seeing the condition. He told me that the plastic fairings for the vehicle are no longer available, as LML stopped making them a long time ago. Even the speedometer was not available. His suggestion was to remove the entire front end of the bike and convert it into a simple round-light format, like the LML Energy (the Adreno's smaller and conservatively styled 4-geared brother). Luckily, he had the Energy's speedometer assembly available. For the headlight, he used the first generation Pulsar's round headlight assembly. Blinkers came from the Freedom.
2 days and 4500 bucks later, the end result was okay, the bike looks quite normal, but for me, it just doesn't look like "my" bike anymore. Somewhere deep down, the mind refuses to accept the new look of the bike. I want to restore it to it's original form, and need to find all the body parts that constitute the front end for my bike. I could even use new side cowlings (battery cover and air filter cover), as the existing ones are in bad shape.
If anybody knows where I can find these in and around Pune, please let me know. I know it is near impossible to find new ones, but there are chances that some LML service centres may have brand new unused spares. Even used parts (in good condition) from discarded/abandoned bikes (that can be used as parts mules) are fine. Any inputs/suggestions are highly appreciated.
Old 25th May 2010, 19:40   #23
BHPian

I always liked the bike when it was launched and everyone around me thought I was crazy.
I'm unsure where all the bikes have disappeared. Can't even find one of them on road.
Old 26th May 2010, 00:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

@Bullitt: Try getting in touch with various roadside garages. They buy such motorcycles for cheap to make money off the spares. that's where most LML bikes have dissapeared.
Old 26th May 2010, 01:30   #25
BHPian

You can check with Castrol Bike Zone also.
Old 26th May 2010, 11:56   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
@Bullitt: Try getting in touch with various roadside garages. They buy such motorcycles for cheap to make money off the spares. that's where most LML bikes have dissapeared.
Hi Dev,
I'm afraid that's more like searching for a needle in a haystack. Most local garages have never even heard of this vehicle, or just erased it out of their memory. Even if I did find one, I doubt if any of those would be surviving in a reasonable enough condition for me to use. Most of them are strewn in the open or under trees, exposed to the vagaries of environmental and human destruction, where plastics/rubbers are the first to go down. Searching police stations/chowkeys for impounded and abandoned vehicles is far more easier, since those vehicles are generally not cannibalized. But besides the fact that those vehicles would be suffering the same deteriorated fate, I would personally not like dealing with blood-sucking cops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
You can check with Castrol Bike Zone also.
Hi SinghBHP,
A very valuable suggestion, but I still doubt they would be able to help me. I believe Castrol Bike Zones emerged on the scene after LML had discontinued this model (not very sure though). I also vaguely remember talking to one of them a few years ago (for general servicing), and they had said that they do not have spares available for my bike. (That is also part of the reason I have to haul my bike 20 kms from home every time to get it serviced.) I'm pretty sure no outlet owner would want to take great pains to search for used parts for my bike, since it just wouldn't make any business sense to him. So I guess that is also more or less a dead end.

Guys, Thanks for your inputs guys. Keep 'em coming... If anyone knows or is aware of any place where I can get these parts, either new or used (in good condition), be sure to let me know.

On a different note, one thing I noticed today was that it was quite windy, and the bike felt very shaky whenever there was a strong gust of wind. The bike seemed to veer in the direction the wind was blowing, and I found it very difficult to maintain a straight line. I never faced this kind of behavior when the bike's fairing was in place. Is this due to the absence of the fairing? Can it really make such a great difference in handling?

My route to and from office includes a 4 km run on the Mumbai - Bangalore highway. I just hope I don't go flying when one of those Volvo buses overtakes me at break-neck speed!
Old 28th August 2020, 17:11   #27
BHPian

Re: LML adreno- the forgotten hero

Sorry to wake up a decade old thread.

I was also an owner of a LML Adreno FX Alpine Night color scheme. Bought it in November 2002 in Bhilai, CG. I was sold on its faired look. This was as close as one can go to superbike look in those times. Mine was most probably from the last lots. I had it with me till recent when we finally sold it in scrap in Raipur. There were buyers for it but its RC was expired in late 2017 and I thought its best to sell it as scrap.

I have lots of fond memories with it but not much pictures. It served me well in final years of schooling and entire college. I was known for my bike during my college days since I had done many mods to the bike such as full fairing, double silencer, clip ons, etc.

It exchanged lots of hands but ended up finally with me.
I used it till mid 2009 when I brought it to Pune from Bhilai for office duties. Due to lots of harassment faced by traffic cops and not much knowledge on RC transfer/tax payment in Pune, I ended up buying a Pulsar 180 UG4 in August 2009.

I sold my Adreno to my office colleague cum friend. However, a year down the line I came to know that they were planning to sell it further and weren't interested in it getting name on RC transferred. I bought it back then and further sent it to Hyderabad where one of my childhood buddy was in desperate need of a bike. He further used it for 4-5 years and was all smiles.

When he was planning to move on to a new bike, I requested him to send it back to my hometown(Raipur, CG) where my cousin can take care of it. One of my cousin further used it for couple of years.

Finally, in 2017, when my parents moved back to Raipur, it was kept at our home. Its RC was expired and due to so much movement, no one had the full document set. While some efforts were made to somehow get the RC renewed, It was kept at a corner.

However, earlier this year, with no options in sight, we decided to let it go. So, it was scrapped in Feb 2020 after 17.5 years. I am not able to find the final pic of my bike.
Few from the initial days are below. Ironically, I am not in any of them.

One of my childhood buddy (Not the one from hyderabad). This is from inital days and from a popular spot in Bhilai. Arjun da dhaba in Durg bypass
LML adreno- the forgotten hero-img_8689.jpg

My uncle/aunt for a photo-op on a leisure day in their home. PS - 'RACER' sticker is just namesake. I rarely went more than 80 kmph.
LML adreno- the forgotten hero-img_8690-2.jpg

Their kids!
LML adreno- the forgotten hero-img_8690.jpg

Last edited by abhi_tjet : 28th August 2020 at 17:36.
abhi_tjet is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks