Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2005, 12:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

LML adreno- the forgotten hero

Hi guys,

I owned an LML adreno before leaving for US in 2002, and have not bothered to replace it with anything yet. few things i love about it.

1. long wheel base, heavy body, give amazing stability. and on turns i fell as if i am driving a chopper (downside, can't take swift turns in traffic)

2. high RPM (9000), goes till 100kmph without any problems, in fact, it starts roaring like a 2 stroke yamaha at that speed. none of the other 100 CC bikes can do it with that ease.

3. And still mileage is 65-70 (i am a very effiecient driver, I drive at low RPM unless quick pickup is reqd. well at times that screws up the battery charge and headlight's power, but i can manage that).

poor thing didn't work in india because it's not a family bike ( u can't seat ur kids on the tank....blah blah) but i still love it.

Wish Daelim comes with a bigger sport bike.....i will be the first one to buy it..
Old 2nd June 2005, 19:19   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k
Hi guys,

I owned an LML adreno before leaving for US in 2002, and have not bothered to replace it with anything yet. few things i love about it.

1. long wheel base, heavy body, give amazing stability. and on turns i fell as if i am driving a chopper (downside, can't take swift turns in traffic)

2. high RPM (9000), goes till 100kmph without any problems, in fact, it starts roaring like a 2 stroke yamaha at that speed. none of the other 100 CC bikes can do it with that ease.

3. And still mileage is 65-70 (i am a very effiecient driver, I drive at low RPM unless quick pickup is reqd. well at times that screws up the battery charge and headlight's power, but i can manage that).

poor thing didn't work in india because it's not a family bike ( u can't seat ur kids on the tank....blah blah) but i still love it.

Wish Daelim comes with a bigger sport bike.....i will be the first one to buy it..

totally agree wid u mate....however the adreno was not that appealing at that time and the price was a tad higher..
i also liked the adreno, but LML screwed it by fiddling wid the carburation and the internals to achieve more mileage and their business tricks were just too lame!
Old 4th January 2007, 04:11   #3

Adreno

i have an adreno.. i bought it second hand from one of my cousins.. i was very much impressed by its look that i dint even bother to know about its specs.. can some1 help me..

Engine Displacement (cc):
Engine Type:
Fuel Capacity (litres) : Maximum Power (bhp):
No. of Cylinders:

Overall Length (mm): Height (mm): Wheelbase (mm): Ground Clearance (mm): Kerb Weight (kg):
Old 4th January 2007, 07:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Adreno had 4 valves per cyinder correct? That probably explains the high rpm performance.
Old 4th January 2007, 08:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Adreno had 4 valves per cyinder correct? That probably explains the high rpm performance.
Yes the extra valves let the engine breathe better (more the merrier!!).
But AFAIK Adreno had 3 valves. Kinectic GFs are the first indian bikes to have 4 valves in india,

P.S. even the kinetic's GFs were also in the same category as Adreno. Though I never owned or drove it, but I have read very good reviews; at one stage even considered it buying.
Old 4th January 2007, 09:14   #6
Team-BHP Support

Well... the problem with adreno, or, for that matter most of the LML bikes have been their refinment... The bike doesnt hold to itself at high rpms, and kinda shakes you up... I dont know about the adreno in particular...

I liked the syling those days... Was one of the first faired bikes i have seen... One sir in my old school used to come in that, and i used to think it was a realy cool bike...
Old 4th January 2007, 20:18   #7
BANNED

LML as a company is one that is going down. I have not seen anything that tells me they will be able to fight Honda, Yamaha & Suzuki. All three of them have the latest technology at their finger tips. They only need to work out the economics of introducing new bikes.
Old 4th January 2007, 20:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

It is sad, in todays booming economy where every company is growing double digits, LML and Kinetic are spilling red ink and had to withdraw their products. Both complain of severe price pressure. Needs a complete rethink of their strategy.
Old 4th January 2007, 20:28   #9
Senior - BHPian

I had an LML adreno silver for a loooooong time. I had removed the mirrors, had a shorter handle, removed the saari guard and grab rail and had dual exhausts installed. ANd boy did it make noise like a litre class bike.

Few would believe if I said that the college authorities (an official written notice) and home authorities (my mom) had ordered me to not start the bike in the premises due to the noise the dual exhasts made. (AmbyLimo ) has been a witness to this.

Anyone who drove it asked me if it was 250cc instead of 150cc, never did it occur to them that it was 100 cc. and the handling is the best ever of any bike I have driven. one of my good friends also bought the energy fx on my recommendation and he also got the same mods as me. Both of us have been happy in our ownership

It was a 3valve engine and was really free revving. Power was on the downside but comfort was the best ever. NOthin can beat the comfort and ride and handling of an adreno. What Let adreno down was the LML brand and the 100cc engine. you cannot wheelie on an LML adreno/energy Fuel efficiency from my ride was in the region of 55-60 whic is satisfying to me. Maintainence was on the higher side though. I had bought it for 45K and sold it after 4.5 years for 20K.

Engine Displacement (cc): 99.1 cc
Engine Type: 3-cylinder 4 stroke air cooled
Fuel Capacity (litres) :14litres Maximum Power (bhp): 8.5 bhp (9hp on fx)
No. of Cylinders: 1

Overall Length (mm):2060mm Height (mm):1150mm Wheelbase (mm)1280mm: Ground Clearance (mm):165mm Kerb Weight (kg): 118kgs

I dont remember the specs and these are taken from automart website.

Last edited by adya33 : 4th January 2007 at 21:54.
Old 4th January 2007, 20:36   #10
BHPian

Adreno was a good bike and it looked good as well, but engine wasn't in the same league of other bikes available at that time and from what I have heard the service wasn't either.

Adreno was 100cc and Adreno Fx was 110cc (9bhp)
Old 4th January 2007, 21:39   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
It is sad, in todays booming economy where every company is growing double digits, LML and Kinetic are spilling red ink and had to withdraw their products. Both complain of severe price pressure. Needs a complete rethink of their strategy.
Kinetic at least is selling scooters..... LML is not able to do even that....
Old 4th January 2007, 21:55   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
LML as a company is one that is going down. I have not seen anything that tells me they will be able to fight Honda, Yamaha & Suzuki. All three of them have the latest technology at their finger tips. They only need to work out the economics of introducing new bikes.
Anything can be achieved with a bit of hard work and strategy...

When the new millenium came, Bajaj was another struggling bike maker... After scootermarkets failed, they were also fighting hard... And now see where they stand now... They are fighting head on with the big-ones, aren't they???
Old 4th January 2007, 22:50   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Bajaj had superb Kawasaki support..... LML has Daelim and Kinetic has Hyosung....

Go figure
Old 4th January 2007, 23:01   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Anything can be achieved with a bit of hard work and strategy...

When the new millenium came, Bajaj was another struggling bike maker... After scootermarkets failed, they were also fighting hard... And now see where they stand now... They are fighting head on with the big-ones, aren't they???
Agreed that it is possible. But, look at the recent past. For LML or Kinetic to keepup with Japs, or Bajaj, they will need some serious hard work. Bajaj is an exception. That said, Bajaj was never a stuggling bike maker. They had a command over the Indian 2 wheeler market. BTW, where are bajaj scooters now, they gave away the entire market share to Honda Activa, Dio & Eterno.

Honda is going to do the same thing to Hero Honda. They had to spill out a few millions to their parent company to get the technology needed for Unicorn, they should have recovered that from Unicorn sales. They just need to bite the bullet pay a few more million to Honda Japan, and get the technology needed for a CBR 250/400. That should do it for Hero Honda.
For Hero Honda to acquire the same technology for their next bike, Honda can choose to decline it, or charge crazy prices.

Desi manufacturers should have spent money on hard core R & D in the past decade instead of collaborating. Horrible examples are - Kinetic with Hyosung, Kinetic with Daelim, and the likes. I feel like puking when Sulajja Firodia Motwani talks about innovation. All they did with a decade of ruling the automatic scooter market was design stickers, review ads, and buy real estate. They did not spend a dime on R & D. honda was able to nudge Kinetic Honda out so easily, there was absolutely no fight.
Old 5th January 2007, 00:47   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

@prasadee ---- You hit the nail on the head. R&D.

None of the Indian companies invested in R&D except Bajaj. Today. the results are evident. TVS are doing ok. Hero Honda is just making bikes based on Honda's design. Hardly any innovation. LML and Kinetic are in the doldrums. Bajaj is the only one doing well and the most important thing is, they are innovative.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks