Team-BHP - Which Bike after P220
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Which Bike after P220 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/57691-bike-after-p220.html)

I have pulsar 220 and have sold it today. Hence I am now looking for a good bike.

My requirements are something like this

I was trying to shortlist bikes on the above and have few names on the card

Yamaha FZ16
Honda Unicorn
HH Hunk
Yamaha R15 (Costly factor, don't know if it will be an upgrade from 220 or downgrade - don't mind downgrading though)
Suzuki GS150

Also are there any new bikes coming in the market. All those guys owning Yamaha's - have you ever faced an issue with your steads and how is the customer service for these bikes.

Bajaj makes good bikes but their A.S.S spoils the bikes is what I feel. I have always been a loyal bajaj biker right from classic pulsar 180 and always changed bikes when they launched an upgrade like moving to DTSi from classic, DTSi to the All Black 180 with Mags and then 220 in 07. But always have faced issues with them and hence would like to try something new. Can you suggest which company has the best customer service.

Mods:- Kindly move it to the correct section if this is not the right one.

Regards,
Kailash

hhahaha ha ha ha hahahha, man you made my day, i was a previous bajaj 180 owner too, i swear never to purchase a bajaj again same as you, sorry can't stop laughing.

well since you are used to that kind of power pick up a karizma or R-15 they are the only two fast bikes we have in a sane price range.

if you will to spend more, i think the Hyosung Comet is still being sold the Mahindra two wheelers website shows they do.

if you dont want to spend that much and since you say you dont mind down grading, the Unicorn will be a good commuter alone.

Hunk the same engine that has been cut copied and pasted to a different looking body.

FZ-16 is very good looking naked roadster, but mileage wont be as good as the other 150cc bikes

i know nothing about the GS150.

well i almost forgot man, the Apache RTR 160 Fi bike is also a very nice bike to buy.

May be you should wait a bit for the RTR 180 Menace.

It seems to be a very promising option for someone like you.

I have an R15 in excellent condition and have posted the details on the classifieds section. If you are interested in a brand new fast and furious bike and saving some money too then do call me.:thumbs up

This post brings a smile to my face :)

Anywasy like posted earlier only ZMA & R15 can level the field wheere power is considered.

As for 150s, why have you not considered the RTR 160? The very good street bike with good mileage.

Of the ones you have listed I would only ask you to check out Hunk & FZ16, rest are quite boring bikes(except r15)

Thanks for all your comments.

I know most for most of you it might bring smile on the face, but for me it has been a bad experience all though out. Always thought Bajaj would mend their ways and give better vehicles. Especially the all black 180 was very good, did not face much trouble with it and hence when the thought of upgrading came in, I bought 220. But again the same old story like the classic bajaj 180 that I had. I thought I went back few years in time :) only difference this time was I paid bomb for the bike.

The main reason why people like me sticked to Bajaj is their constant upgradation of the portfolio of Pulsars. Like moving from classic to the 220, also right now we have the all new 180 which has borrowed many parts from the 200 bin but it is all new again right and the price to bike ratio of Bajaj has always been their trump card.

But enough is enough. I am no longer thinking of buying a bajaj and give their A.S.S another chance to spoil my biking experience, atleast this time it will be some one else's A.S.S that I will get to check out, maybe bad, maybe good or maybe the best.

I have further narrowed down my choices then the previous ones.

FZ16 for the looks and road presence
R15 for the power and looks both
GS150 because this is one commuter with 6 speeds.

I have shied away from TVS because of the not so pleasant stories that I heard about their A.S.S. Can some one tell me if they are good or bad.

Regards,
Kailash

May I know the reason why you are not considering Karizma?

I think FZ16 or GS150 would not keep you happy after a 220.

Yes, R15 may be excellent choice. ZMA is getting too long in the tooth, no doubt its still very capable. You may wait for the upcoming RTR180 Menace as well, which is sure to have a nimble handling and around 17PS of power. Still, I guess R15 is one of the best products on sale in India today, Even I sold the P180 ug-3 I had been riding few days back, and may get a new ZMA as it will be mostly used for touring and being almost 6 feet in height I find R15 a bit too small for me.

Regards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kailashnj (Post 1282556)
  • Good A.S.S
  • Good to drive
  • Mileage
  • Electric Start
  • Disc brakes (front or front and rear both)
  • Low maintenance
  • Decent Power
  • Looks - decent styling
  • Smooth engine
  • Should not be a Bajaj
Kailash

:eek: oh boy!!! mileage and power. low maintenance and smooth engine. goos A.S.S and good to drive. looks but not a bajaj. well am not sure that a bike that can meet all the above is available yet.:D

how about the hh passion pro? i guess its averages out on all your requirements but for power and brakes perhaps.
how about the fz16? i guess it averages all of your needs but may be falls short on A.S.S and dual disc brakes.
how about the ??? the ??? the ??? cant think of any more.
how about the hayabusa? it will meet all your requirements except mileage.

sorry, no offense but you perhaps need to narrow down your wish list to make it easier to hit the target. happy riding.

I would suggest an FZ 16 S..it looks swanky and the colour combo is awesome

Yamaha FZ-S :)

Didnt want to start a new thread. Yellow looks good. Only of it had more horses.

Similar predicament here . I had a Karizma which I sold last year, and currently on a P220 which probably I'll trade in soon , waiting for some specific signs before acting. Its wasn't planned, I wanted to keep the P220 for another 2-3 years since I don't have any nagging issues with my P220 and the engine warranty is 5 years. But BAL being BAL and knowing what customer service is in India, I may well trade the P220 soon. In hindsight, maybe I should have kept the Karizma , since as of today there isn't any serious upgrade for a Karizma/P220 owner. The R-15 is good, but again for a primary use of commuting and touring, it's not the most suitable steed , yet it's the only real fast alternative so far.

Presenting the ideal bike for you...given that budget is perhaps your only non-constraint:

Royal Enfield Thunderbird Twinspark. Has the charisma of a bullet, handles like a baby, build quality rocks and sprints like its no one's business once you let her loose on a highway.

Think about it.

nah, I'm not ready for a Bullet yet, I'm not done with sober cruising as default riding mode. I'll keep the Bullet family aside that for my mid-life crisis !

And I though I was the only one.. :P
I'm planning to do away with my faithful P180 now, and wanted to get a new set of wheels, however, I also wanted something with a little more thrust..
The only bigger or next step better engines in the market seem to drill down to 2 options - P220 or ZMA.. I'm more inclined towards the 220 in that being with better power, FI, etc.. however, not heard much about the reports on that so... help!

Also then there's the R15 but not sure if it'll satisfy my need for speed good enuf.. heard it lacks the low range acceleration and power.. though top speed is impressive, and of course the technology and engine over all too.
So, just reply with your sweet opinion and i'll finalize this month! :)

As for Kailash dude - I suggest you better try riding one and then decide - the only suggestions I'd say is the R15 (considering it's got good looks, fair mileage, amazing engine, top speed and brand all packed in one)
Unless you want to upgrade to a SBK (I have a Katana 600 soon to go on sale) or an RD 350 maybe.
Whatever you choose.. Good luck!