Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2009, 20:28   #106
BHPian

Thank all for your congratulations!

@ ashpillai I have been there in that same situation, been in two minds in-between making my decision, Infact went to the Honda, Hero Honda & Yamaha showrooms to test ride bikes like Unicorn & Zma all good bikes no doubt but asked myself 1 question.

Is this the bike you really want or is this just another adjustment/compromise?

And believe me, I was never able to convince myself that those bikes are what i want. Again no offence meant for the hondas and the yahamas.

It was just that the RE pulled certain strings of my heart everytime I went to the showroom. And believe me those were strong strings I must say because it made me do things right from arranging finances to convincing family members and Indo-jap riding friends.
Infact atleast 3 of them are waiting for my experience before they take the same plunge. So you see it is more of a heart decision than the practical one.
Just hoping that the journey ahead with the bike is as pleasant.

Guys how do I notify the mods to edit the title of the thread to
"Finally its TBTS"
Old 7th September 2009, 20:54   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Thank all for your congratulations!

@ ashpillai I have been there in that same situation, been in two minds in-between making my decision, Infact went to the Honda, Hero Honda & Yamaha showrooms to test ride bikes like Unicorn & Zma all good bikes no doubt but asked myself 1 question.

Is this the bike you really want or is this just another adjustment/compromise?

And believe me, I was never able to convince myself that those bikes are what i want. Again no offence meant for the hondas and the yahamas.

Infact atleast 3 of them are waiting for my experience before they take the same plunge. So you see it is more of a heart decision than the practical one.
Just hoping that the journey ahead with the bike is as pleasant.
Hey Schitre05 - I know how it feels.

I guess its with all of us who just know that even though it might not be the most practical decision, it still ends up being one of the most satisfying ones.

You can see it for yourself here :- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...rt-bullet.html

Happy Thumping Brother.
Old 7th September 2009, 22:43   #108
BHPian

Hi Schitre05,

Congrats !!
I own a Bullet Std 350 from 1996 - I still love riding it.
Drive your bullet carefully for the first 1500 kms.
Get it regularly serviced by good mechanics.
Understand few electricals of the bike so that you will not be worried if there is a problem. In my experience of 13 years I have faced elect problems a few times may be 3 0r 4 times and no other problems. Issues with fuses or some wiring problems - nothing major but takes some time to understand what went wrong. The best part is they are simple issues and can be easily fixed by experienced mechanics.
Enjoy riding your bullet
Old 8th September 2009, 17:57   #109
BHPian

Quote:
So you see it is more of a heart decision than the practical one.
Absolutely and it is always so. I have friends who swear by whatever they own and happy riding them. I am not at all a technical person as far as bikes are concerned and my humble reason for considering a bullet was a very down to earth and honest "It looks great yaar!!" "Imagine how you would feel on one of those!!" Before reading this thread I used to think that should be enough to buy something!

As far as practicalities are concerned, India may be shining and we may survived another recession, but we still live in country where the debate on which 1 lakh bike is better will be termed ridiculous by more than 90% population!

In marketing there is a simple funda: "What your customer believes is the truth" and that is true for all things in life.... Bikes, Cars, Oils, Religion, Marriage etc etc.

Last edited by Ashpillai : 8th September 2009 at 18:00.
Old 12th September 2009, 11:09   #110
BHPian

Hi fellow members!
Today I am visiting the Bullet Stockyard somewhere near Bhivandi (Kalyan) to pick my TBTS and get it to the showroom in Thane, where it will rest for 3-5 days before I could take it home. Meanwhile the RTO stuff would be completed and the number would be allotted.
I was initially not interested to go to the stockyard, but after hearing horror stories of how these guys rip the bike and use adulterated cheap fuel to save some bucks I put my foot down and decided to go with the showroom guy to get it safely in to the showroom. The distance is not much (just 18kms) but I have been told it is long enough to damage the internals of the bike if not run-in properly. Also the fact that till Bhivandi (the stockyard) they come in trucks is a assuring fact.
So as you see the involvement and special relationship has already started, not that I did not love my first Kinetic honda, HH Passion & HH CBZ less but i never went to the such lengths to pick them up from the stockyard itself.
I will try to click pictures of the stockyard if permitted, would be a treat to see all bullets under one roof.
till then cheers!
Old 14th September 2009, 12:00   #111
BHPian

Congrats schitre05 on the bike. Welcome to the club ;-)
Old 15th September 2009, 12:04   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
Congrats schitre05 on the bike. Welcome to the club ;-)

Thanks Abhay,

Went to the stockyard to pick up the bike... the stockyard was in a very poor state.. no lights... a lot of dust (well did not expect it to be in showroom state) but atleast all the bulls were covered with protective foam sheets and cardboard boxes. I was given the choice to select my TBTS . There were around 50 bulls in the yard (std's, machismos mostly 350 and three 500's) there were around 10 TBTS mostly black.
I checked for stratches here and there seat condition (for any cuts), and chose one which i felt right. Then the battery was installed (fully charged)! and 1 litre fuel filled in the tank (we had filled up a 1 litre bottle before we left) and the engine started.

My TBTS is now with the dealer. the ride back to the dealer was a smooth one with people (other bikers) drooling over it on the road. Surely it has road presence.

One thing I wanted to enquire "Is teflon coating advisable on the bike before i take its delivery"?

Thanks and cheers!!
Old 17th September 2009, 21:14   #113
BHPian

Me too

Guys, I'm planning to buy a Thunderbird as well. Is there any point waiting for Diwali offers? Does Enfield give festival offers?
Old 17th September 2009, 22:33   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Guys, I'm planning to buy a Thunderbird as well. Is there any point waiting for Diwali offers? Does Enfield give festival offers?
I bought my electra during diwali 3 yrs ago and they didnt have any offers running that time an as such have never heard of RE running any special offers. The freebie that u could get after some haggling is a free leg guard.
Old 17th September 2009, 23:00   #115
BHPian

Quote:

One thing I wanted to enquire "Is teflon coating advisable on the bike before i take its delivery"?

Thanks and cheers!!
IMO teflon coating for your bike would be overkill. What i did when i bought my electra was initially i used to polish the bike every fortnight for the first year of ownership and after that once a month. Believe you me if you do this your bike would be in showroom conditon.Takes time to clean and polish it but then Its worth the effort.

Congrats on your purchase Hope she gives many happy miles and smiles
Old 22nd September 2009, 09:38   #116
BHPian

Tbts Is Home

Hello all.
It gives me immense pleasure to announce that my TBTS is finally home.
I will share the ride and ownership experience in a different thread.

The purpose of this thread was to decide which bullet to buy or whether I should actually go in for one, By going in for the TBTS , I feel I have taken the right decision and ofcourse with a lot of valuable information, help & suggestions from all the T-BHP members.

Therefore I thank all of those who contributed to this thread from the bottom of my heart. I hope this thread proves to be quite helpful to all in the future in making buying decisions for the RE.

I am attaching few initial pics of my bird.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Bullet to buy?.. or should actually I buy one? EDIT its TBTS-dscf03951.jpg  

Which Bullet to buy?.. or should actually I buy one? EDIT its TBTS-dscf03961.jpg  

Which Bullet to buy?.. or should actually I buy one? EDIT its TBTS-dscf03971.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2009, 12:10   #117
BHPian

amazing bike ! Congrats , Run her in as good as you can.
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:28   #118
Senior - BHPian

As an owner of a 2 year old 500 LB who is very satisfied with all aspects of the bike, other than the sound, what is the best way to approximate the classic thump? The short bottle? Just the last piece, or the entire section from the exhaust port? What should be inside the silencer? And what are side effects, if any?
My bike has proved very reliable, and I would not want to lose that aspect for better sound.
Old 22nd September 2009, 20:05   #119
Senior - BHPian

Schitre05, congratulations on your new buy.
Except for the 'Twinspark' sticker and clear indicators, I quite love this bike. Very good quality. Aren't fork boots fitted as OE?!

Sawyer, did you try the Goldstar from Pune?!
Old 22nd September 2009, 20:09   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Schitre05, congratulations on your new buy.
Except for the 'Twinspark' sticker and clear indicators, I quite love this bike. Very good quality. Aren't fork boots fitted as OE?!

Sawyer, did you try the Goldstar from Pune?!
@ Hey Gordon, I completely agree with you here, however changing back to Amber Indicators should not be much of an issue.

Considering that the indicator glass from swiss is available @ Rs 20/- per glass all it takes is 80/- bucks and not more than 15 minutes of your time to change it.

@ Schitre - The bike's looking really smart. Happy thumping Bro & Ride Safe.

I changed the ones on my bike to the Amber ones this weekend.

Last edited by mantrig : 22nd September 2009 at 20:12. Reason: Minor change

Most Viewed