Team-BHP - Which Bullet to buy?.. or should actually I buy one? EDIT its TBTS
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Which Bullet to buy?.. or should actually I buy one? EDIT its TBTS (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/57952-bullet-buy-should-actually-i-buy-one-edit-its-tbts.html)

I have been riding on the indian roads for about a decade and a half now, and my rides have been mostly indo-japanese. but everytime a bullet went past me or even if i saw one, i used to watch for it like a road side romeo watches a princessstupid:.
I always wanted to own a bullet but was wary of all the problems it had as requiring more than regular maintainance (a high maintainance princesslol:)
But i have seen of-late that the RE has evolved and are trying to improve their overall image of reliability (read that engine and electrical parts) and customer service.
Now here is where the T-BHP can help me (i hope).
I am actually contemplating on buying a bullet now, but i have no clue as to which of the lot would suite me, i would prefer the left leg gear and the right leg brake models, which i feel all the newer models have.

My daily running is about 70kms. Mon-Sat (which currently i do on a CBZ). out of which 40kms is highway and 30 is city riding. I would prefer a comfortable seating postion (CBZ hurts here). I would be happy if i get a FE of 35-40 kpl. I intend to keep the bike for a long time. My week being a very busy one I would be able to attend to her only on weekends (what i mean is that i would like to have a trouble-free weekly riding)
Do you guys feel I should take the plunge? or it it too much to ask from the bullet?
also which one should i go in for??
thanks

Which Enfield: Bullet 350 if you are built hard, go for it. but that's just my opinion :b or go for what is most appreciating to you and/or your friends. 350 is what I have been riding for 6 years now (which I, by the way, inherited from my grand father :D ); so I'm very probably biased and this is just what makes sense to me if you are buying a bull :b other enfields are yungu pungu joke in my eyes but it's you to decide. :)

About the maintenance, the best part is that most servicemen at every other corners are able to sort out common enfield problems. At least that's the scene in north.

If enfield is what increases your pulse, go for it, you are likely to live longer with it.

I think you should go for a more "modern" Bullet - maybe the electra 5s especially because you a newbie to bullets and want a hassle free ride.
i feel the bullet standard may warrant more attention in comparison to the electra on the maintenance front.

also the 5s has the brake/gear shift placement in the " right way "

I'm not sure if you know very well about the pricing and all.. bvut just to give you a lowdown

STD 350 - 81500
Electra 5s - 97400
Machismo 350 - 106500

All these are on road price 3 months back, when i had enquired for.

I think that Electra 5s is a very good New Age Bullet, you get a smoth Electric Start , Gears and Brakes how you are used to, its as agile as a std 350. BUt i somehow don't like the riding posture as compared to the Thunderbird Twin Spark.

Offcourse for Thunderbird Twinspark you pay 10 grands higher then the 5s. But you even get a better Fuel Effeciency, thanks to the Twin Spark.

If you have the budget then go for the TB twin spark, it is a beautiful engine, better FE, great riding posture and looks the coolest amongst all.

Of the complete range its the Standard 350 thats the Real Bullet rest are just modded and over modded JOKES, Be a Man and get the Std350 its the real Classic that will stay with you for ages and wot age. The only True Bull The Std350.

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhokritesh (Post 1288429)
Of the complete range its the Standard 350 thats the Real Bullet rest are just modded and over modded JOKES, Be a Man and get the Std350 its the real Classic that will stay with you for ages and wot age. The only True Bull The Std350.

Hi. if I rode a 500, will that make me an even bigger man? Just asking...

Quote:

Originally Posted by godog (Post 1288455)
Hi. if I rode a 500, will that make me an even bigger man? Just asking...

There's no Bullet 500cc available. So you are limited to 350cc capacity manliness only :b

I guess you haven't seen it enough.

Maybe some guys are not sure they are men and they need a bullet to proove it. You must check ou these debates on the various Enfield Communities on Orkut. Some of the posts are really hilarious.

schitre05, i would suggest that you go in for the 350 standard. Bullet has come a long way from what it used to be.

It is by no means a trouble/maintenance free bike but once you start riding it, take my words it will all be worth it.

I have owned a bullet for a long time and have always like the standard best the other are nice and all but standard is what the real bullet is. I would suggest changing the seat and the handle bar to make it more comfy and cool :)

Frankly speaking, a new BULLET is not worth the money. Look around for a second hand one and nurse it into showroom condition. Search, visit mechanics and leave your telephone numbers, test ride a lot of bikes and haggle hard.

I bought mine for 24,000. Its a 99 Standard 350. Took about 500 kilometes to get used to it, now its trouble free. Just one general service every 3,000 kilometers, one wash and check up every 1,000 kilometers and petrol. That's it. It starts with the first kick at 5 in the morning, but you have to develop the skill.

I ride alongwith the Rolling Thunder Motor Club when they have their once a month rides. Its done wonders for my image at the workplace. Its a heady feeling, being astride a BULLET and watching old men, middle aged men, boys, longingly looking at you.

Its like a marriage. You settle down with your BULLET.

My serious advice, pray and go for a second hand bike, seach well, don't be in a hurry. You won't believe the awesome deals that are going abegging. Worst case scenario, you can still find a BULLET Nut and sell it off for a good price if everything goes wrong.

The bike is extremely sturdy. In an accident, it would stand its ground instead of becoming a heap of crumpled metal. Its weight even out the potholes and bad roads. It grips immensely in pouring rain because of big tyres. I ride back home at unearthy hours, and I believe that it is the BULLET beat that keeps the thugs away.

I don't like the ELECTRA because somehow, it looks feminine. Like the HARLEYS built for women. The THUNDERBIRD, especially the TBTS does not sound like a BULLET. Its the STANDARD that gets instantly recognised as a BULLET. Its this one which will carry its value and charm for long long years to come.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurpartap Singh (Post 1288486)
There's no Bullet 500cc available. So you are limited to 350cc capacity manliness only :b

I guess you haven't seen it enough.

But 500cc was available on order with dealers earlier though I never used it. Yes, as somebody mentioned, it is a love affair. Had used Bullet from 1981 (days of the horrible Villiers Carburetor) to 2001.

Thanks everyone for your replies and advices!! yes i know the new ones are a bit pricey and would also go and check out some second hand ones! infact going today to check out a garage, owned by a man who stays in my bulilding and rides a modded 500, it seems he services most of the police bullets! will go and check out if he has any second hand ones and if i can grab a good deal!
one more Q. Do std 350 come with the original gear, brake pattern or they also have been changed to right brake and left gear patterns?
also can anyone help me with good bullet garages in and around Thane(Mumbai).
Cheers!

Buy the Bullet because you always wanted one. Keep the CBZ because you will always need it more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurpartap Singh (Post 1288486)
There's no Bullet 500cc available.

What about the Machismo 500 LB? I'm pretty certain it is a 500cc Bullet.

@ schitre05 - You should buy the TBTS since your requirement is a hassle free ride. Bullet purists will argue that it is not a true Bullet but then it is still a Royal Enfield product and a very good one at that. Don't get taken in by talk of the good old days of CI engines. That time is past and will not return. Might as well enjoy the good things on offer now.