Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2009, 19:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hmm I had heard bad reviews about United Agencies. I always got my work done(on My ZMA) at City Motors(now Pratham Motors) Wakdewadi & never faced any issues. The service was always upto my satisfaction. I also used to watch over the service at times but yes its not easy to get that. You can always insist on putting your own oil.
Old 18th May 2009, 19:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

^^^Didn't get that - do they (Pratham Motors, Wakdewadi) let you watch the work being done? And they never make an issue about the oil?

Thats totally opposite to whats happening at their Bhandarkar Road workshop!

No way I'm leaving my bike with them after my expeience with Automark Motors.
Old 18th May 2009, 21:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Automark Motors (United Agencies), Paud Road (Kothrud). My 1st free service experience was so bad, I haven't found the courage yet to go for the 2nd... Service is just ghastly... and as a bonus they give you free scratches on your brand new bike.
Uhh ohh.. One of the reasons I bought a HH scooter was because of the proximity of this very service centre to my place.
Should I be worried ?
Old 18th May 2009, 21:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Yes they did allow me to stand by when my bike was getting serviced but they did refuse me if there was lot of rush. After a few visits I became friendly with the mech so I would just give him the bottle of Power 1 for oil changes
Old 19th May 2009, 08:31   #20
BHPian

@Racoon:
Thank you for suggesting RTR; however people like me who have spinal cord issues do not find the bike very comfortable to ride as it has an odd sitting position. On the other hand, I can sit upright with a straight back on a Hunk.

In regards with the HH servicing, I never faced any issues with either Rama motors (later City motors and now Pratham motors) and Tejas motors (Kalewadi, pimpri). They just service it right! Infact at Tejas motors, even if I give my bike at 2:00 PM, I can get the bike back by max 6:30 PM with everything tuned and serviced properly. I even get to see what they do and how they do it!

I have now booked H3 from the Shegal Auto (Chinchwad, MIDC) and will post my comments about the servicing there.

@Technocrat:
Thanks! :-)

@sajo:
I don't think there is any need to be worried! My experience of Hero Honda product is that if you change the oil regularly, you wont need to visit the Service station and even if you have to, those guys are really trained very well and can take good care of your vehicle! Enjoy riding!

Regards,
Abhishekh Jain.
Old 19th May 2009, 08:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

read this post read even the content in the quoted section of this post too, you will understand that RTR is been through hell and has stood up very very well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1305426-post28.html

hence the reason for suggesting that bike.

Unicorn and Hunk share all most the same engine that has been cut copy pasted in to different looking bodies and brands.

if you take good care of RTR it will reciprocate all efforts very well.
Old 19th May 2009, 09:16   #22
BHPian

@rider60:
Wow! that is really something!! :-)

I never had doubts about RTR though!

But then on other thoughts, I will not be ripping the engine so much! Did a lot of stuff with my Ambition and now want to settle down with a good bike. Unicorn engine is known to me and Hero Honda has been with me for almost seven years and do not wish to try anything new. :-(

Anyways, even if the engine is the same across Unicorn, Hunk and CBZ-X does not matter much to me, it just goes to show how reliable the engine is! However, I seriously feel, it's high time Hero Honda "really" tried something new.

regards,
Abhishekh Jain
Old 19th May 2009, 11:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unicorn and Hunk share all most the same engine that has been cut copy pasted in to different looking bodies and brands.
Something which is very commonly done by car manufacturers over the world quite successfully & is done in India by Honda.

Really I own an RTR & although its a lovely machine I would have surely bought the Hunk had I not owned a HH bike(ZMA) earlier.

I wanted to try something new & hence went for the RTR, it too has its shorfalls just like others.
Old 19th May 2009, 14:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Uhh ohh.. One of the reasons I bought a HH scooter was because of the proximity of this very service centre to my place.
Should I be worried ?
You should be VERY worried. I have seen ghastly things at this service centre. If your scooter is new, please even cosider forgoing the waranty (free services), but try not to give it there under any circumstances. Even a road side mechanic without sufficient equipment will do a better job. I am extremely amazed that a Hero Honda authorised service centre has such an abysmally low quality standard. In fact, I will most likely never consider buying a Hero Honda again, for this reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post

@sajo:
I don't think there is any need to be worried! My experience of Hero Honda product is that if you change the oil regularly, you wont need to visit the Service station and even if you have to, those guys are really trained very well and can take good care of your vehicle! Enjoy riding!
Dude, please do not pass comments unless you have a personal experience with the service center I am talking about. I have never seen such 4th grade service in my life... even by Indian standards. Just thinking about what they did to my brand new bike and what I saw there makes my go over boling point.

Never was a bigger lie uttered - "those guys are really trained very well and can take good care of your vehicle!"
Old 19th May 2009, 14:57   #25
Senior - BHPian

Racoon all I can say is try to get your bike serviced from another service center. Also if possible write a mail to HH complaining about the shoddy works done by these guys.
Old 19th May 2009, 15:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Have already done all that dude... its a long story. Hero Honda did not even bother replying to mails. The toll free helpline flatly refused to give me phone numbers of any managers. I finally got some numbers somehow. Spoke to thier Head Office and was asked to speak to local Company Engg. I spilt the beans to him... but nothing has been changed and I did not hear from them either. So much for Hero Honda's customer service.

Due to the mails, all I got is a phone call from a supervisor or something of the same service centre. And that does not help at all.

Anybody who knows something about bikes and spends 15 mins there will know what I am taking about. I cannot believe HH does not know whats going on unless they are just not intrested.

Forget about the actual service, they suk in all other ways too. They will give you the most amazing, logical sounding explainations why something isn't working the way it should. You can so clearly see they are taking you for a ride. Its just amazing how creative they can get! Just act a bit dumb about automobiles and you will see/hear amazing things.

Even the oil they used is not supposed to be used. From what I saw they were using 20W40 (wrong grade!) BPCL MAK oil from a drum. Its one of the cheapest oil and rated much lower than the recommended API SL. And they charge much higher for that than a bottle of HH 10W30 oil! They do not stock the genuine 10@30 HH oil at all. What is more, I have unconfirmed reports that the oil they use is mixed with used oil, to further their margins.

When I confronted them about the scrathes they made to my brand new bike, I was told how I can expect them not to make scratches when they have so many bikes to service there?

I can go on and on about my experieces... but I better stop here.

The only other service centre that is at a decent distance from where I stay is Pratham on Bhandarkar road. But as I said they are not cooperative about letting me watching while they mess around. And they made a big fuss about me getting my own oil. Really fed up with that same old nonsense... It is my bike and I decide what goes in and what happens to it and I pay money. I will never compromise. No customer should.

Last edited by Raccoon : 19th May 2009 at 15:31.
Old 19th May 2009, 17:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thats really sad to know.

Btw which bike used 10w30? The last I knew all HH 1500cc above bikes use 20w40 oil?

Also there are so many places where you can get your bike serviced if you are not happy with the authorized service center. I know thats not the ideal way but all I am saying is dont feel bad for a product only becasue of service as I am very sure that once you find the service center you will enjoy your bike much more.

All the best
Old 19th May 2009, 18:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

^^^Dude, all new HH bikes are supposed to use 10W30 now. Strangely, I'v been told that officially HH has asked that 10W30 be used even in older HH bikes where the manual has recommended 10W30. I do not know if this is a good idea... maybe HH is doing this for logistic reasons.

In any case, all service centers should be using 10W30 HH branded oil in the new bikes. Its very clear from my experience that this is not so.

I know that the bike can be serviced elsewhere! But what about the free services and related warranty issue?! The situation is such that if you let them perform these atrocious free services, I will not want to ride the bike... it will be junk.

After the experience with the 1st free service, I'v been doing all the maintainence stuff myself. But eventually i will need someone as I cannot do stuff like fork oil change, oil filters cleaning, etc... I don't have the place or tools.

Before the 1st free service, my bike was giving a great fuel efficiency. Immediately after the service, both pick up and efficiency went down. This in spite of me explicitly telling them not to even touch the carb. Gawd knows what they have done....

Also, now I have noticed paint chipping off big time from my cylinder block. I took it to the same service center, even spoke to the manager, but it was rubbished saying all bikes develop this problem. I intend to escalate this. But now warranty validity can be made an issue... if they want to...

Hero Honda sux! They may make good bikes, but the ASCs will rape it to death.
Old 19th May 2009, 18:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^^Dude, all new HH bikes are supposed to use 10W30 now.
Ok thats news to me, can anyone else who recently bought a HH bike confirm this?
Old 20th May 2009, 00:16   #30
Senior - BHPian

^^^You can confirm it on the HH site or just google for "Hero Honda 10W30" or something.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks