Team-BHP - Mod a ZMA
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Mod a ZMA (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/58610-mod-zma.html)

Hi all,
i am planning to get a Karizma after taking the advise from a few people on the forum.
now i have some questions while in am trying to find one for my self.
1. What if we remove the Faring
- does it hamper the top speed performance.
- what would be the best headlight assembly round shaped in the market to be used on the ZMA.
2 Tubeless tyres
what would you recomend.
3 Can any one do a quicky paintshop job for me so that i can see how would a black karizma look with the white fuel tank. and white allywheels.
thanks a lot and

Hi Friend,

ZMA will loose its looks if the fairing is removed, however removing fairing will not affect the Top speed. Here are few pics of Yellow ZMA with White Alloys. Believe me White Alloys on Black Body does not really mach well.

Faring helps oen feel stable and safer at high speeds. Would advice you to keep it.

Emm, Black and white. You got the idea from the BMWs?

1. if you wish to go for a round head light the one made by fiem guys for the tvs fiero FX is one of the best ones with best matched intensity and throw of beam made so far that i have come across.

2. i have searched and i found no tubeless tyres for the 18" wheels, you will have to down size to 17" alloys to get tubeless wheels.

3. looks are subjective try out a few paint job photos before you try and actually do it on the bike and if you like it by all means go ahead, its your bike and keep it looking the way you want it.

all the best.

The best mod, I feel, for a ZMA is a full fairing. People say the engine will become hot and all, but it certainly looks hot and decent. People over do it and spoil the looks.

does anyone recall that KRP modded karizma ?

all right you can either do that full fairing and add a lot of WEIGHT to the bike and also risk running the engine a lot hotter! REMEMBER its a air cooled engine not a water or oil cooled to add a full fairing!

or

make it a naked Roadster like the CBF250 of honda AKA twister.

Quote:

Originally Posted by desideep (Post 1302379)
Hi all,
i am planning to get a Karizma after taking the advise from a few people on the forum.
- what would be the best headlight assembly round shaped in the market to be used on the ZMA.
2 Tubeless tyres
what would you recomend.
3 Can any one do a quicky paintshop job for me so that i can see how would a black karizma look with the white fuel tank. and white allywheels.
thanks a lot and

Your avatar says, Delhi, so its hot already, and a full fairing might heat it up. How much, well that depends on the distance and your mercy on the accelerator. If you do, say, 10 kms daily with a non-aggressive style of riding then a full fairing might just be ok.

guys he never said he wants a full fairing.on the contrary he wants to remove it.

rev

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider60 (Post 1303186)
all right you can either do that full fairing and add a lot of WEIGHT to the bike and also risk running the engine a lot hotter! REMEMBER its a air cooled engine not a water or oil cooled to add a full fairing!

or

make it a naked Roadster like the CBF250 of honda AKA twister.

i just never said that i want a fairing. hehe

yes i like the naked looks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr (Post 1302619)
Hi Friend,

ZMA will loose its looks if the fairing is removed, however removing fairing will not affect the Top speed. Here are few pics of Yellow ZMA with White Alloys. Believe me White Alloys on Black Body does not really mach well.

bro i am not into looks i fear to break the fairing if i drop while on touring and then i have never been into the faired bikes, the zma IMO is looking weird it would have looked good if it was black or may be red.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1302858)
Faring helps oen feel stable and safer at high speeds. Would advice you to keep it.

Emm, Black and white. You got the idea from the BMWs?

hmm i have felt stable on a rd at 130 + without the fairing
oh and what about the BMW thing i am not sure what that means

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider60 (Post 1302870)
1. if you wish to go for a round head light the one made by fiem guys for the tvs fiero FX is one of the best ones with best matched intensity and throw of beam made so far that i have come across.
SURE that would help thanks for the suggestion would look for them
2. i have searched and i found no tubeless tyres for the 18" wheels, you will have to down size to 17" alloys to get tubeless wheels.
Oh yes i have been planing to do that for my RX But ZMA may not see it cause i like the alloys that are on the ZMA
3. looks are subjective try out a few paint job photos before you try and actually do it on the bike and if you like it by all means go ahead, its your bike and keep it looking the way you want it.

you are rite would try it digitally before doing it

all the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1303092)
The best mod, I feel, for a ZMA is a full fairing. People say the engine will become hot and all, but it certainly looks hot and decent. People over do it and spoil the looks.

again i am not into the full faring or the faring the only faring for me is on the clasic bikes thats all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiragh_bir (Post 1303182)
does anyone recall that KRP modded karizma ?

hey do you have a pic?

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1303207)
Your avatar says, Delhi, so its hot already, and a full fairing might heat it up. How much, well that depends on the distance and your mercy on the accelerator. If you do, say, 10 kms daily with a non-aggressive style of riding then a full fairing might just be ok.

true delhi is already hot and my main reason to get the ZMA is that i am little bit into touring and also i have to get to office in 30 minutes and the office is around 30 KM from where i live and on a car its not possible to cross all that trafic that easy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revtech (Post 1303350)
guys he never said he wants a full fairing.on the contrary he wants to remove it.

rev

Thanks a lot sir. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by desideep (Post 1302379)
Hi all,

Yes it does hamper top speed performance and make the bike unstable while doing 120+. It does cut a lot of windblast even if u don't crouch. With the fairing on getting to the top speed is easier and faster than without a fairing. I did a tour with the fairing off and while on that trip i decided that the first thing that am gonna do when i get back is to refix the fairing!

The fairing does a decent job of keeping the wind of your chest, so it is helpful on high speed tours etc.. as Sankar mentioned. Aerodynamics are indeed one of the most neglected components of DIY guys in India.

The best tubeless tyre I found was the Pirelli Sports Demon 110/90*18.
I wouldn't recommend tubeless though. Stick to a tubed tyre, makes sense on Indian roads.
Here's how a Karizma with a white tank and white alloys would look.

the bike kinda looks fine with the White tank and regarding the tube less they are fine i have been using them for 2 years now. but when i ride of out the town on a trip i do try to take a tube along with me incase of imidiate need