Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2009, 21:41   #1
BHPian

help bulleteers, shocker blues!

hello friends,
i recently purchased a alberto green 500 lb avl machismo, got the first service done and everything seems to be fine with the bike except for the front shock absorbers, the right one started to leak oil and i took it for inspection and found out that one of the oil seals were fixed upside down and that was the problem and got a new pair of oil seals and new castrol shocker oil and got the problem rectified, the same problem reoccured again after 2 days in the left shock absorber and i had to go through the same ordeal but this time the people at service center said that because the white plastic circular ring is somewhat damaged so they are not putting it back and instead of it they are putting 3 oil seals instead of 2 and also reassured me that this is common practice in bullets and works even better than the plastic ring, i came back home and just 3 days after i thought that my ordeal was finally over, the problem of oil leakage started again but this time in the right shocker, the one which was rectified first( the one without the jugad), help me bulleteers, what might be the cause of such untimely hassles, the bike isnt even a month old and yet so many problems, iv had 3 bullets before but i ever saw such a problem and that too on a reccuring basis, iv spent 200 rs on shocker oil , the oil seals and the labour charges were covered under warranty, i dont mind the 200 bucks but the problem is just not getting solved so please help fellows, what to do,
Old 23rd May 2009, 22:21   #2
BHPian

no suggestions even after 57 views, where are all the re guys?
Old 23rd May 2009, 22:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makanaka View Post
no suggestions even after 57 views, where are all the re guys?
What the mechanic had sugested you is true there is not much that could be done regarding the Bullet shocks
Old 24th May 2009, 06:20   #4
BHPian

I too face the same issue in my TB since I bought it in 2003. I tired rectifying twice and gave up. now the only workaound for me is to fill oil every 3000kms during my service
Old 24th May 2009, 06:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

Strange
I have owned Machismo for 10 years now and Yes shockers have leaked once or twice only,but they were fixed easily.
since you purchased it recently,yours might be under warranty.
get the shockers checked thouroughly.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 24th May 2009 at 06:47.
Old 24th May 2009, 10:21   #6
BHPian

This should have been fixed free of cost as the defect was due to the Co. I had got my selfstart motor free of cost even after 1.5years from the Co itself. 1st they were not ready to even chk the self for free as they said its out of wrty. But then i sent a mail to Co head office and all. So in the end Co guys came to my house with a new self motor to replace it and i paid nothing.

Try droping a mail to them and tell them that you want your front full shockers to be replaced if not then you are going to consumer court.
Old 24th May 2009, 21:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Makanaka,

Relax baba. You are going through the initiation process. You are a bulleteer, I thought you'd know that things like these will happen with our bulls. Things will settle down and meanwhile, get the jugaad done in the right fork too.
Old 25th May 2009, 21:19   #8
BHPian

hey fellows
thanks for all of your responses, ya jay i knew i had it coming but didnt saw it coming so soon, anyway, my spirits arnt dampened, just that the leaking oil does not look good on the gleaming new chrome, will go to the workshop this sunday and get it fixed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks