Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2009, 09:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bullet Diesel Turbo'ed

The Hindu : Kerala / Thiruvananthapuram News : Students tweak diesel motorbike for better performance
Bullet Diesel Turbo'ed-2009052451180201.jpg

Quote:
Thiruvananthapuram: A group of students of the Lourde Matha College of Science and Technology at Kuttichal, near here, has developed a turbo-charged engine for the Royal Enfield Taurus, the only diesel motorcycle in the Indian market.
check out the link for more info. Does anyone have any other details ?

Last edited by greenhorn : 24th May 2009 at 09:43.
Old 24th May 2009, 10:01   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post

Gerat work... Key points:
Tests carried out on the prototype in the college laboratory showed that the bike generated 15 per cent more power while fuel efficiency went up by five per cent. Road tests also proved that the vehicle was smoother than the factory model, with substantially lower vibration and noise.
the modified engine had shed the diesel ‘thud’, the most jarring element of the bike
If Royal Enfield could incorporate our modifications, the Taurus can be relaunched in the market with little additional cost
Old 24th May 2009, 21:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Full marks for the effort. 15% more power means 0.975 bhp which is a tad disappointing. The increased smoothness though, will be priceless, especially on the agricultural Taurus. I hope the guys manage to get the boost levels up and generate atleast double the power from the taurus. That, would be something really great. Meanwhile, how about taking an LB500 and giving it the turbo treatment with 1 bar boost? Well, someday will be "the day" for my LB500.
Old 24th May 2009, 21:48   #4
BANNED

I am sure if that really works . A turbo canbe fitted to an engine with a minimum displacement of 700 cc atleast for it to work properly . Another point would be the mechanical fule injection pump . It cannot be tweaked much without the support of any fuel injection manufacturer as the pump needs to be recallibreated .
Old 24th May 2009, 23:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Wow. Full marks for the effort. 15% more power means 0.975 bhp which is a tad disappointing. The increased smoothness though, will be priceless, especially on the agricultural Taurus. I hope the guys manage to get the boost levels up and generate atleast double the power from the taurus. That, would be something really great. Meanwhile, how about taking an LB500 and giving it the turbo treatment with 1 bar boost? Well, someday will be "the day" for my LB500.
Good effort. Hope youtube gives us a video soon.
Old 24th July 2011, 01:05   #6
BHPian

Re: Bullet Diesel Turbo'ed

25hp v-twin diesel engine products, buy 25hp v-twin diesel engine products from alibaba.com

25hp v-twin diesel engine Sales, Buy 25hp v-twin diesel engine Products from alibaba.com

Has anyone thought of installing in a bullet, a Chinese V-twin Diesel 870 cc 25 HP engine. It costs ($850) approx Rs 38,000, Shanghai port duty price inclusive. I wonder what custom duty it will incur. This engine is used for bikes, ATV's, lawnmovers and water pumps. I wonder if a farmer imports it for agriclutural purposes, will the customs be lower? I like them for 2 reasons because the twin exhaust note of a vtwin rocks and height wise it's smaller than the enfield 350 engine. There are lots of diesel vtwins on the 'alibaba' website, has anyone any experience in buying anything on alibaba from China? I recently saw a thunderbird in Vellore, Tamil Nadu with a diesel vtwin, I couldn't catch up with him, pretty fast man, now I'm all fired up. look at the link above and ponder...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks