Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2009, 12:01   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Why doesn't someone copy a Ferrari & price it at 10L here ?

The chinese have beat us to it I think. The only problem is that they copy the design, but make do with some really horrible engines.
Old 4th June 2009, 00:05   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by '72 Bullet View Post
@ Spitfire - That's a nice way to put it. Depends on how the designer looks at it though. I'd look upon it as a breach of intellectual copyright. I'd be ,ore than happy if they paid me a royalty for every vehicle produced.

@ greatmana2000 - I agree with you, every design house/designer should have a signature style of designing vehicles. This does not mean that they should all look the same though. No designer with any sense would do that, if you notice, most of the knock-offs are straight copies, and obviously don't use the same design houses to develop their products. What the Chinese do is totally crazy, and India should know better. Infact there has been some good R & D here, and that's the way we should head.

I wasnt talking abt chinese rip offs . I was talking abt resemblance of pulsar with the honda hornet or suzuki bikes .

I don't agree with your statement that companies don't have the time and resources. Indian manufacturers have alot of resources (both economic and human). I think it's more a lack of creativity and interest in the management. Indian companies can surely afford to invest in developing designs, and with the enormous no. of engineers and designers here in India (that too at a very low cost), it should not be a problem at all. Every tom, dick and harry is willing to submit designs for all those design competitions (remember the 'design a scorpio'? some of the designs were pretty original and good).
First , there has to be a passion for any work . Most indians are passionate about diwalis , inlaws , wives , home budgeting . A design has to translate into a workable design and that i do not see anywhere happeing in India .

just imagine , the so called designers in India actually design horrible pieces of work .. DC design for example and I just dont understand how people seem to accept the gaudy lines
Old 5th June 2009, 16:10   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
First , there has to be a passion for any work . Most indians are passionate about diwalis , inlaws , wives , home budgeting . A design has to translate into a workable design and that i do not see anywhere happeing in India .

just imagine , the so called designers in India actually design horrible pieces of work .. DC design for example and I just dont understand how people seem to accept the gaudy lines
More than designers being passionate about Diwalis, as a country we do not have a culture of promoting creativity. The only creative industry we know of is cinema which is quite sad. Not many of us can define what "MEDIA" is.

How many parents would agree to their children taking up a vocation like designing cars. What do we pay to these few people who get into the profession and compare it with the global salaries. What kind of education we have for these guys and what avenues they have to hone their skills? I know things are changing but it takes timeeee for this change.

Most Viewed