Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2009, 01:01   #16
BHPian

Awesum work Joel, Saw the video - setup seems to be real cool, need to feel the power by a small TD
Old 27th May 2009, 01:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Who did the camshaft for you? What about ignition timing - is that something you can change or you have to use the stock curve?
Old 27th May 2009, 08:20   #18
BHPian

Damn good stuff man. I dont think he can change ign timing. If you are tuning further its good to hook up an o2 sensor. Does this FID work like a power commander? I am suprised you can get good fuelling results from a diag tool.

How was the condition of the head? In terms of quality? Carbon build up?
Old 27th May 2009, 11:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

cool mods! And they seem to have paid off to. Awaiting dyno and other results. BTW, how much did the mods cost you? Is the price to performance ratio +ve? Its a totally different aspect that you did it cause you wanted to and didnt really bother to count the expenses.
Old 27th May 2009, 13:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Damn good stuff man. I dont think he can change ign timing. If you are tuning further its good to hook up an o2 sensor. Does this FID work like a power commander? I am suprised you can get good fuelling results from a diag tool.

How was the condition of the head? In terms of quality? Carbon build up?
Nope, ignition timing is unaltered. STill using the stock ECU.
I had plans of hooking-up an O2 sensor, but didnt really find the need now. But will need one soon. The FID works a bit like a power commander, however not completely. You dont have the option of playing with curves but. With this tool you can only go lean and rich on fuelling. More like how we do jetting in a carb engine, but electronically thats it.

The head has excellent casting quality compared to the Indian casted heads. These engines are completely built and assembled in Thailand. Carbon build-up was very minimal for a 12k kms run engine when I opened. Stock engine runs very clean.

@Ananth - I got the camshaft ground abroad. Its a 270deg grind. Still using the stock curve.

Joel
Old 27th May 2009, 13:26   #21
BHPian

Impressive work there brodie!!
Love how the lower rev power seems to pump up quickly..
Wish all R15s could have that thrust initially too.. That's probably the only reason I'm still so perplexed about going for an R15.

Also, on the point mentioned by silver_shadow.. is fitting the 140 from FZ16 into an R15 -

1) doable ?
2) a good idea ?? :P
3) again.. not considering loss of fuel economy ?

Cheers!
J.
Old 27th May 2009, 14:46   #22
BHPian

^silver_shadow was just kidding man. The swingarm itself cant accomodate any larger than the stock rubber. The stock tyre is excellent and can take a lot more power and grip levels are unheard of any other Indian made tyre.
Old 25th October 2010, 13:38   #23
BHPian

Resurrecting this thread again to post a Video update. I dont believe there was ever a video of the bike in action, so decided to make one. Things have come a long way since 2009

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please DO NOT post videos/pictures depicting speeding on public roads. Do treat this as a warning. Thanks!

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th October 2010 at 14:20. Reason: Mentioned in the post
Old 25th October 2010, 13:51   #24
BHPian

@killer: are you crazy !!! that`s absolutely rash and careless riding. If you really wanna test your bike, then go take it to a track. But doing this on public roads is completely irresponsible and dangerous. Request mods to remove the video immediately.

Abbas.
Old 25th October 2010, 13:56   #25
BHPian

At which workshop all the work has been carried at Bangalore? After the modification were done did you check the BHP you got using a dynamometer?
Old 25th October 2010, 13:56   #26
BHPian

awesome video..a couple of tight moments though.Says a lot bou man and machine.Way to go

Last edited by octane1002 : 25th October 2010 at 13:58.
Old 25th October 2010, 14:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

@Abbas - Cool; they've taken a different race modded R15 to track & I believe it has clocked over 205 Kmph & is supposed to be the fastest R15, atleast in India (could be in this planet though).

Yeah, you're right, they could've posted the video from testing it on the track rather than on the road.
Old 25th October 2010, 14:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
Engine:
*Stock airbox and filter
*Stock throttle body and intake tract

Joel
Just wondering why you left the air filter to the stock, since everything else has been prepped up. And since the bike is Fuel Injected, me think the computer will taake care of excess air flow from a better (free flow) air filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
^The stock rubber can do a lot more than what you can imagine
I read in Overdrive or Bike, that the rubbers (thin ones) were excusively designed for R15, infact jointly developed by MRF and Yamaha. If we change to any other the goodness is all gone. The stock ones are just make for R15. Any one please don't change them.
Old 25th October 2010, 14:05   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
@killer: are you crazy !!! that`s absolutely rash and careless riding. If you really wanna test your bike, then go take it to a track. But doing this on public roads is completely irresponsible and dangerous. Request mods to remove the video immediately.

Abbas.
It was an easy run on a fairly open road, as far as i'm concerned i wasnt taking any risks to be too worried about...thats hardly rash riding. I realize rules are pretty strict here, Mods can remove the video if they wish to..

Last edited by Killer : 25th October 2010 at 14:13.
Old 25th October 2010, 14:08   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Abbas - Cool; they've taken a different race modded R15 to track & I believe it has clocked over 205 Kmph & is supposed to be the fastest R15, atleast in India (could be in this planet though).

Yeah, you're right, they could've posted the video from testing it on the track rather than on the road.
Actually the race bike should do around 160kph true speed (havent tested all out speed yet), dont know where the 205 came from.

Yup, heading to track this weekend, will take some all out videos

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks