Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2009, 02:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Having come this far, couldn't some engine -tweaking & full body fairing be a better bet?
Old 28th May 2009, 08:31   #17
BHPian

Honda and HH! both playing the sticker game?

hmm, The old Uni on this body would make one sweet bike.
Old 28th May 2009, 08:51   #18
BHPian

64K is a bit too steep for a 125cc bike. But then I would not mind spending because its a Honda. And Yes, I really loved the colour scheme.
Old 28th May 2009, 10:35   #19
BHPian

64k and a bike without tacho? atleast having an fi makes sure that horrible looking choke lever is discarded.

hmmm...the way Honda looks at it is like this - provide an engine that is smooth and does its job without any fuss. Everything else is secondary.

eg:

-The Unicorn did not have alloy wheels or even a tripmeter. This was the time when the other were giving all this at lesser prices. Then when the others started to give digital meter and other stuff, the Honda guys just included the Alloys.

-The original shine had probably the most boring rear grab handle on any bike post 1985.

-Oh yeah, the switches on the Unicorn are way better than the switches on the CBR100RR. why? cos the latter shares its switches with the Shine

OT: This may seem weird but I found it quite relevant here. BS Motoring when comparing the Xylo and the Innova gave a result like this -

"The Innova is the better Car but the Xylo is the better Buy"

Honda might be making better engines but the other bikes from the competition are definitely a better buy.
Old 28th May 2009, 10:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPower
Looks little different no? I see they got some gold plating on the engine cases.
Yes but its just a paint job which people can get done anyways. You know I had seen the body decals similar(not same) to the 25th year edition Hunk way before it was launched on a bike in Pune. So getting decals & paint job is not difficult.
Old 28th May 2009, 12:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

even being 125cc , its faster than some 150cc bikes..

The engine is silky smooth , looks smashing .. A true rider will what is he paying for.. cc doesn't matter much.. But the qualty of Honda is top notch !!
Old 28th May 2009, 12:41   #22
BANNED

I think they should have added more stickers.
Old 28th May 2009, 12:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
even being 125cc , its faster than some 150cc bikes..
which ones?

and regarding the quality of the bike (paints, plastics, switches, and metal parts) Honda is par with other bikes from TVS, HH, Yamaha and Suzuki.
Old 28th May 2009, 13:53   #24
BANNED

Horrible pricing. Indians will not buy a 125cc just bcoz of FI.

Another flop show in the making !
Old 28th May 2009, 16:34   #25
BANNED

I just dont understand how people on this forum can conclude that the engine will be " silky smooth , honda quality , great engine " . I think most indians are used to hearsey . Honda has its share of failures and i find it weird when people say they would pay for something just because of the name .LOL

May be that is why HH with its splendour is the worlds largest selling bike ..LOL .

Can anyone tell me why the shine sells more than a gladiator ? just because of this rubbish name . Comparing the bikes side by side the gladiator is a clear winner all the way .
Old 29th May 2009, 13:10   #26
BHPian

@varun911..thts the only reason why Honda thinks it can sell any crap in India.
@chiraghbir - Ya id really like to know which 150 cc bike is the Stunner faster than.

Im sure HMSI is not expecting volumes from this bike having priced it head to head with their flagship, the Unicorn.
Old 29th May 2009, 13:56   #27
BHPian

Nothing left to say. Even by HH standards, this bike is overpriced. This bike will bomb spectacularly. Pity, Diwali is not round the corner.

If Honda in its infinite wisdom has decided that, we Indians need a FI equipped bike, why not plonk it on the Zma instead. Atleast, it would have made sense.

And, when are the limited editions of the stunner coming? Red cables, red wheels, red frame, red cylinder head, red seat cover, lambo inspired logos et all

Most Viewed