Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2010, 23:17   #46
BHPian

There is no uneven wear and tear on the tire. Yes it happens even when take my hand of the handle and I can see the whole handle shaking like crazy. Happens at speeds over 50 kmph.
No accident but started after I got a puncture so had to remover the whole thing.
The car tire people dont balance bike wheels. (at least the ones I asked). Bearing will have to check.
Thanks for the pointers.
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:19   #47
BHPian

Even in my case, my bike front handle bars wobble a bit and kind of feel a bit too loose. It kind of feels like when the air in front tyre goes off while riding and the way the handlebars shake that way.

My bike was fine, but in Hyderabad my mech said the handle bar needs to be a bit behind and he did something to pull it back to the headlight case (sorry not able to explain any better) to make it a bit cruiser like. After that the wobble prob and also I get neck and shoulder pain when I ride even for short distances.

Now my mech says there is some cone in the handlebar and that needs to be replaced, says it was too tight initially etc. The guy is knowledgeable and works on many bulls, but I am unable to argue because of my lack of knowledge.

Any suggestions BB? Also, OT, I had mailed you about 21One, when is the next meet?
Old 22nd September 2010, 10:36   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post

Any suggestions BB? Also, OT, I had mailed you about 21One, when is the next meet?
23ONE

We guys meet at KBR park every Sunday at around 6:30 PM. Its the third parking lot on the stretch between TDP Office and Jubilee check post.

We are def meeting this Sunday. Will catch you then. Do come on your bike. I will take a look at the handle bar.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:57   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
23ONE .
Sorry 23One

I will definately come this sunday to meet you guys and yes, will be a great favor if you can check the handlebar and suggest me what I can do. Thanks.
Old 26th April 2011, 15:27   #50
Team-BHP Support

Re: RE ThunderBird Service : with Pictures.

The springs inside my front shocks replaced today.
Fork Oil + Springs + Seals + the caps on the top = Rs 450.

Took about an hour for the operation.

Bike feels much more spirited and cornering is improved.
The original springs survived a good 8 years.

Next change coming up. New RIMS.

Last edited by bblost : 26th April 2011 at 15:41.
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:21   #51
EP.
BHPian

Hi guys, need some help here. A friend of mine is interested in buying a new Thunderbird, since I know nothing about bikes, he wanted me to ask you guys. He would like to know the pros and cons about the bike, and anything else that one should know while buying one.

He also checked out the Fazer, but he got the light bulb when he saw the resale values of those bullets.

Hope you guys could help me out here.
Old 26th March 2012, 12:21   #52
Team-BHP Support

My Hyderabad - Delhi trip in January was awesome. But the kind of abuse on the Jhansi stretch appears to have messed up with suspension.

Also the chain had gone lose.

Got the suspension tweaked at Anna's shed on Saturday. The springs are now more tense and the forks needed a bit of truing as well.

New chain and sprocket.

The front sprocket needs the entire clutch plate assembly removed for access.

Total bill came to approximately 2700 rupees.

RE ThunderBird Service : with Pictures.-clutch.jpg
Old 14th January 2013, 11:29   #53
BHPian

Dear bblost, first of all, a heartfelt thanks for starting this thread. I have been praying that I find a good mechanic in Hyderabad, and you have just answered my prayers. God Bless you!!

Could you please help me get introduced, or provide some contact information to try my luck with this master, please? Awaiting your response eagerly.
Old 29th January 2013, 18:53   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insearch View Post
Dear bblost, first of all, a heartfelt thanks for starting this thread. I have been praying that I find a good mechanic in Hyderabad, and you have just answered my prayers. God Bless you!!

Could you please help me get introduced, or provide some contact information to try my luck with this master, please? Awaiting your response eagerly.
Anna is a very old school guy. Just take your bike over to his place and that is all the introduction you need.

My name is Imran and my thunderbird is silver. He will be able to recognise me with this but trust me he does not care about this.

He is a art for the sake of art kinda guy.

Yesterday evening got the bike washed and told Anna I am coming today.
RE ThunderBird Service : with Pictures.-20130128-17.41.03.jpg

10:00 AM sharp the work started.
All the oils and filters were replaced.
The rear wheel bearings were busted. Replaced.
There is a minor issue with my bikes coils. Causes some issue with power delivery at high speeds.
Almost fixed but need a highway run to verify.

Love the bike, as she ages she gets more and more lovely.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 22:13   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Anna is a very old school guy. Just take your bike over to his place and that is all the introduction you need.
Thanks bblost. I had quoted your reviews on another thread, where I was advised that Sudhakar Anna does not deal with the new breed of Enfields which are based on an ECU. Is this true?
Regards.
Old 31st January 2013, 16:13   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insearch View Post
Thanks bblost. I had quoted your reviews on another thread, where I was advised that Sudhakar Anna does not deal with the new breed of Enfields which are based on an ECU. Is this true?
Regards.
Am not sure about this.

He would be able to fix most mechanical issues. But the ECU could be a bit of a challenge.

The next time I meet him I will ask about this.
Old 25th August 2014, 15:59   #57
Team-BHP Support

RE ThunderBird Service : with Pictures.-img_20140823_113325986_hdr.jpg

She is still as beautiful as ever.

Took her to Anna's shed for a new chain guard. The old one had broken during my return trip from RM 012.
The new one costs just 230 and since I am parking my bike in the open decided to have it fixed.

Bike is being checked for a Rider Mania 2015.
January 24/25 in Chandigarh.
Old 17th September 2014, 00:19   #58
BHPian

Hi Imran,

Am looking for someone who is good on the UCE model, I have this guy who services my CI model but he is clueless about the UCE, almost caused a bigger problem than the one I wanted him to fix. And am not too keen on the ASC guys as well.

Would you recommend Sudhakar for UCE models too?

Regards,
Vishal
Old 17th September 2014, 00:21   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalrr View Post
Hi Imran,

Am looking for someone who is good on the UCE model, I have this guy who services my CI model but he is clueless about the UCE, almost caused a bigger problem than the one I wanted him to fix. And am not too keen on the ASC guys as well.

Would you recommend Sudhakar for UCE models too?

Regards,
Vishal
Sorry but Sudhakar does not work on UCE bikes.
Old 16th September 2021, 18:50   #60

Quote:
Sorry but Sudhakar does not work on UCE bikes.
Hello Imran (@bblost), Sorry to revive a 7 year old thread but had a few specific questions. I think the first one should be - do you still have your motorcycle?
If yes, how is it running? I have the AVL Thunderbird from 2004 and since I was out of the country for the last couple of years the bike has been set aside and needs some TLC.
Is Sudhakar anna still servicing the bikes? If so, would you mind sharing the details. I had a message from you on my previous handle with number of one Javed, but that account is inaccessible.
2nd - Since your bike is from 2003, have you got the renewal of fitness done? Any pointers on it - There are new green tax etc. and I believe the renewal is for every 5 years? So considering is it worth the effort?

Thank you for you time!

Most Viewed