Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2009, 10:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Thunderbird - Modifications thread - Pics please.

Friends,

Have you done any modifications in your Thunderbird (TBTS especially)? I haven't done much other than the silencer changes, But I am looking for some ideas. I am thinking about of alloy wheels, But haven't decided yet.
Please post your modifications and pictures too.

Thank you.
Old 8th June 2009, 10:41   #2
BHPian

hi Benny,

As I've told you before RE's always look best stock!! But I alloys do improve the appeal of the the Bull a lot. You can check the alloys from RADO , they look neat and are of pretty good Quality.

Find attached the pics of the alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
Thunderbird - Modifications thread - Pics please.-5.jpg  

Old 9th June 2009, 19:35   #3
BHPian

My 2003 TB

hi, here is my 2003 TB. It has clocked 37K. Now the rear tyre is changed to MRF Meteor 110/90. My TB runs on 3rd rear tyre and 2nd Chain and sproket.
Old 12th June 2009, 19:32   #4
BHPian

hi. Ram.west,

I see that you have a T'bird meter console. Is the Tacho unit functional. Hope it is & could you pls provide inputs on the wiring connections made. Does the bike run points?
Old 15th June 2009, 11:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

ram.west,

Yes, I remember you said so.
Your alloys look so nice, Whats the brand and price? I will search it in Coimbatore.

Also, I found very slippery during the rain, I almost lost confidence on the back tyre, it was very difficult to manage. I had to driven on a very slow speed. (I was also thinking of stopping - But I couldn't find a place to stop).

Any ideas for better tyres? Size - etc? Thank you.
Old 15th June 2009, 14:34   #6
BHPian

@agbenny: The brand name is RADO, and shoud cost you around 5k. And regarding the tyres there are two other standard options that are available, one is from MRF ( the thread is sort off a Michelin M45 thread) and the other is from Dunlop ( am not sure abt the names though). The Dunlop's are off a softer compound and offer better grip than the MRF's. No alterations are required as both the tires are direct fit. The Bullet in the pic below is running on MRF. Do check both out before you decide. My advice would be to go with the Dunlop.

@Rennjit: Hey renjit the bike is running on points and the tachometer does work. I'm not sure about how the wiring was done, will let you know once I find time to go to the worksop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks