Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2009, 15:56   #31
BHPian

Here is mine if it would help yoRX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-kl7-7533-014.jpgu to get some Ideas, Good luck for the build
Knight Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2009, 17:21   #32
BHPian

Dude you need a longer swing arm, a shorter tail piece and longer front forks.

Last edited by nitro.1000bhp : 20th June 2009 at 17:26.
Old 20th June 2009, 23:03   #33
BHPian

Hey Guys, Some updates.. Got the swing-arm and rear tyre fixed. More pics on moday after the monos are in.. cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-1.jpg  

RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-1-5.jpg  

RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-20062009913.jpg  

RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-20062009915.jpg  

RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-20062009920.jpg  

RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-20062009921.jpg  

Old 24th June 2009, 21:55   #34
BHPian

few more updates guys, got the monos fitted and the roadking tank done..
below is a picture of the bike as it is now and under that is my own awkward interpretation of what it might look like, it is still missing a single-pod speedo meter and under-seat exhaust.

need your honest views guys and pls don bother about the paint as its not decided yet.

P.S.- the rear only looks lifted as its standing on a wooden plank, it will drop an inch or so when off the stand.
Attached Thumbnails
RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-24062009924.jpg  

RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-dt-seat.jpg  

RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-dt-seat-white.jpg  

Last edited by nitro.1000bhp : 24th June 2009 at 22:01.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2009, 23:32   #35
BHPian

i think u shouldve painted the engine black . cut off the hell shifter part of the gearshifter . get dirt bike footpegs . where will u get the small a headlight ? tyres and suspension look good . good job .
Old 24th June 2009, 23:53   #36
BHPian

relax dude, its not even merely close to getting painted... yeah the foot pegs is a concern but i'll do that with Raju.... the headlight's not goin to be that small.. blame my lousy sketching skills
Old 9th July 2009, 11:44   #37
BHPian

ok finally it looks like a dirt bike (except for the exhaust which will be done in a weeks time) here are the pics.. today I will add tail lamp and numberplate and on monday she will leave to chennai for the performance mods..

...cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-09072009949.jpg  

RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-09072009940.jpg  

RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-09072009941.jpg  

RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-09072009942.jpg  

RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-09072009943.jpg  

RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-09072009944.jpg  

RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-09072009945.jpg  

RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-09072009947.jpg  

RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-09072009948.jpg  

nitro.1000bhp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2009, 20:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

get a single pod spedo
Old 10th July 2009, 16:32   #39
BHPian

I liked your taste. Very nice work. if you can afford try a exhaust and just enjoy...
Old 14th July 2009, 01:13   #40
BHPian

nice . like the paint scheme . few suggestions .

for old skool looks :

get an RD or a Rajdoot 175 handle bar . They are as wide and look pretty cool as well . If u want the specific dirt bike look , get a bar welded between the above mentioned motorcycles handlebar , these handle bars are too straight , too narrow and too common .

headlight is too tiny and front mudguard is even tinier and looks very wierd ! front mudguard is an eye sore .

the " line " of ur bike doesnt seem right .

the rear is quite raised , making ur seat quite high but ur handle bar seems quite low compared to ur seating position . i dont think ud be sitting on the bike like a dirt rider nor does the seating look too comfortable ! u need to lower ur rear or u need to deepen and lower ur seat and raise ur handle bar to a higher position .

i dont like the angularity of ur tank too much . i think a more rounded look would suit it better esp since the rest of ur bike proportions are quite round .

the tank is the only element with sharp edge on bike that has mostly round shapes and ends . this makes it look out of place IMO .

get dirt bike foot pegs .

cut the ankle shifter off ur gearshift .

kicker , rear brake pedal and gear shift should have been painted black with the rest of the bike , chrome looks quite out of place on this paint scheme .

put on an expansion chamber . malaysian chambers with hydrofoamed headers available for quite cheap on jc road blore . chennai tho makes the best pipes . stock chrome pipe just isnt happenin on this . i think a normal straight shaped expansion chamber with a black power coat should look great .

disc brake looks tiny compared to the size of ur wheel , u need a bigger disc IMO .

please add a tail light - a round one to be precise . RD or Bullet tail lights should do . Add a license plate mount atleast and indicators too .

side panels on this combo look very plain and pretty out of place .

i think ur fork extensions are too long . are they functional or will they break ur bottom forks if u go into a big pothole at good speeds ? looks scary ! u should have kept front fork dimensions stock and lowered the height of the rear , that would have saved u alot of trouble IMO.

just my 2 cents . work doesnt look complete but i hope u get there . U probably have a vision of ur bike . donno if uve achieved it , just giving u my suggestions .

ALL THE BEST AND KUDOS FOR THE EFFORT !

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 14th July 2009 at 01:24.
Old 16th July 2009, 13:29   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
nice . like the paint scheme . few suggestions .

for old skool looks :

get an RD or a Rajdoot 175 handle bar . They are as wide and look pretty cool as well . If u want the specific dirt bike look , get a bar welded between the above mentioned motorcycles handlebar , these handle bars are too straight , too narrow and too common .

headlight is too tiny and front mudguard is even tinier and looks very wierd ! front mudguard is an eye sore .

the " line " of ur bike doesnt seem right .

the rear is quite raised , making ur seat quite high but ur handle bar seems quite low compared to ur seating position . i dont think ud be sitting on the bike like a dirt rider nor does the seating look too comfortable ! u need to lower ur rear or u need to deepen and lower ur seat and raise ur handle bar to a higher position .

i dont like the angularity of ur tank too much . i think a more rounded look would suit it better esp since the rest of ur bike proportions are quite round .

the tank is the only element with sharp edge on bike that has mostly round shapes and ends . this makes it look out of place IMO .

get dirt bike foot pegs .

cut the ankle shifter off ur gearshift .

kicker , rear brake pedal and gear shift should have been painted black with the rest of the bike , chrome looks quite out of place on this paint scheme .

put on an expansion chamber . malaysian chambers with hydrofoamed headers available for quite cheap on jc road blore . chennai tho makes the best pipes . stock chrome pipe just isnt happenin on this . i think a normal straight shaped expansion chamber with a black power coat should look great .

disc brake looks tiny compared to the size of ur wheel , u need a bigger disc IMO .

please add a tail light - a round one to be precise . RD or Bullet tail lights should do . Add a license plate mount atleast and indicators too .

side panels on this combo look very plain and pretty out of place .

i think ur fork extensions are too long . are they functional or will they break ur bottom forks if u go into a big pothole at good speeds ? looks scary ! u should have kept front fork dimensions stock and lowered the height of the rear , that would have saved u alot of trouble IMO.

just my 2 cents . work doesnt look complete but i hope u get there . U probably have a vision of ur bike . donno if uve achieved it , just giving u my suggestions .

ALL THE BEST AND KUDOS FOR THE EFFORT !
well, the earlier pic was not the finished bike, I am adding the latest pic (engine mods yet to be done) of it with this reply, the bike is handling superbly, has a big bike feel, of course does not have the nimble dynamics of a stock RX, but it is no where near scary, it absorbs pot holes better and the seating position is spot on and makes u feel more confident in traffic overtakes.. will add another pic later with me riding so u'll have a better idea of the seating and general dynamics of the bike.. thanks for ur views anyways.. let me know if u like these mods..
Attached Thumbnails
RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-12072009961.jpg  

Old 16th July 2009, 15:40   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post
Here is mine if it would help yoAttachment 150213u to get some Ideas, Good luck for the build
I am not into technicalities but that one is awesome!!!

Another bike which I saw in this forum is:
Yamaha RX100 MotoXross D.O.M. of donor is unknown (Modified motorcycle) - sabret00the's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP

If ever, I buy a RX-100 to make it into a dirt bike, that is how I would like to mod it.

Raj.
Old 13th September 2009, 23:49   #43
BHPian

Finally the exhaust is fixed. Not done much otherwise, swapped rear tyre to a IRC trials, mild port job, 5 speed gearbox and a quick throttle. Soon will start experimenting with sprockets and jets...will update shortly.

cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-120920092522.jpg  

RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-120920092523.jpg  

RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-120920092520.jpg  

RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-120920092519.jpg  

RX dirt bike mod. (vintage scrambler)-120920092518.jpg  

nitro.1000bhp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2009, 10:40   #44

@nitro.1000bhp: Really cool mod you had done mate. Everything seems to be right except the front mud guard. It would have been better with an altered Flexi mudguard trimmed across.. Just my 2 bits.
Old 21st September 2009, 13:14   #45

Advice on Making a Dirt Bike

I have a kinetic Honda Engine hardly used. I would like to use the engine either for a dirt bike or go cart. Can someone help with this. I engine is quiet powerful as i have up sized the piston and increased the valve size. Can you also tell how much would it cost approx please?..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks