Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2009, 16:31   #1
BHPian

Bought karizma alloys for cbz!

guys yesterday i bought karizma alloys for my cbz. the rear brake drum of both the bikes is 130mm but the front disc is 276mm in karizma and 240mm for cbz. will the alloys fit my bike. also i want to use my bikes disc in the alloy wheel. is this possible. mine is a 2002 model cbz classic. please help.
Old 14th June 2009, 18:37   #2
BHPian

The disc wont fit, U need to go for the karizzma's disc, then again the callipers wont align so you'll have to go for the karizma's forks or you can get the cbz drum brake forks and do a weld on it to fit the callipers (not recomended) But before all this you have to check if the shaft is the same size for the alloys. My suggestion is to return the alloys and save the money.
Old 14th June 2009, 22:18   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
The disc wont fit, U need to go for the karizzma's disc, then again the callipers wont align so you'll have to go for the karizma's forks or you can get the cbz drum brake forks and do a weld on it to fit the callipers (not recomended) But before all this you have to check if the shaft is the same size for the alloys. My suggestion is to return the alloys and save the money.
are you sure they wont fit? how many bolts does karizma has for mounting the disc on the alloy wheel?
Old 14th June 2009, 23:13   #4
BHPian

You can try a spacer to offset the calliper placement, but if the spacer isn't well designed ( accurate and rigid ), you'll get poor braking . Safer bet is a full Karizma fork unit .
Old 14th June 2009, 23:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

all you need a good modifier mate.
i am running Zma's alloys on my unicorn too. the stock is the same as cbz but i have managed to use the same caliper set and stock fork set.

PM me your mail address i will try and send you some pics of the same for you to get an Idea as the what to do fit the 276mm disc

nothing to be worried about, just find a modder with enough common sense and experience to do this job.
Old 15th June 2009, 00:20   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
You can try a spacer to offset the calliper placement, but if the spacer isn't well designed ( accurate and rigid ), you'll get poor braking . Safer bet is a full Karizma fork unit .
Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
all you need a good modifier mate.
i am running Zma's alloys on my unicorn too. the stock is the same as cbz but i have managed to use the same caliper set and stock fork set.

PM me your mail address i will try and send you some pics of the same for you to get an Idea as the what to do fit the 276mm disc

nothing to be worried about, just find a modder with enough common sense and experience to do this job.
a big thanks to both of you for your positive replies. i was really scared but getting ray of hope now. hey ricci i didnot get your spacer concept can you elaborate a bit on that. hey rider60 i am pming you my mail id.
Old 15th June 2009, 01:49   #7
BHPian

@ rider60
He said his bike had a 240mm disc buddy, and i'd love to know how you managed to modify the hub ?? as I know its tough to get it done with the same kinda alloy but, did u make the hub alone with steel or how?? please share the info if possible..
Old 15th June 2009, 22:19   #8
BHPian

i tried fitting cbz-xtreme's front wheel on my bike and it fitted properly even with the extreme disc. what do you all think i should do? put xtreme's mag on the front or modify the
karizma's wheel that i have?
Old 17th June 2009, 23:44   #9
Senior - BHPian

dude i dint receive any pm. if you need the pics send me one.

Last edited by rider60 : 17th June 2009 at 23:51.
Old 18th June 2009, 00:43   #10
BHPian

i just sent you one again. please check

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks