Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
With the news doing the rounds of a Killer bike, this is no killer bike...sorry. I thought it was inevitable for Bajaj to launch the Baby ninja this time around. All bajaj did was put in a carb instead of the FI, Now we have to deal with another name P220 Carb. But the pricing of 70K is something valid and reasonable.
Dude wake up .
140 kph true speed is worth mentioning . They have changed new cam , new piston , new clutch , new gears , new steering , new brakes , new larger cooler ....etc etc ...

This is definitely positive . Good for petrol heads .
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They have changed new cam , new piston , new clutch , new gears , new steering , new brakes , new larger cooler ....etc etc ..
hmm where did you read that all these have been changed?
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

This new bike is no 'killer' as such, but, at that price mentioned it sure is. So those who look else where will also add P220 carb to their list. Thats about it.
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:32   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
hmm where did you read that all these have been changed?
That would be the inner pages of Zigwheels article

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Dude wake up .
140 kph true speed is worth mentioning . They have changed new cam , new piston , new clutch , new gears , new steering , new brakes , new larger cooler ....etc etc ...

This is definitely positive . Good for petrol heads .
They are not new, just redesigned or upgraded...please if this is the real performance ground breaking killer bike, IMHO it simply is not. If you read the article, apparently the test rider was comparing the P220 with a CB1000R Hornet.. I rest my case.

P.S. I am not disputing the fact that it is a great/good/best bike all I am saying is it is not a Killer bike.
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:51   #35
BHPian

With acceleration figures of 3.8secs to 60 and 11.1secs to 100 while ridden by a 50kgs rider, its by no means scary. Its not even close to what a high performance bike should be. That way, all our Indian stock bikes are a joke. RTR, R15 and everything I mean.
They claim racing DNA and crap and none are still capable of a power wheelie or a serious rush. All they know is sell a moped on the lines of an SBK.
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:01   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
They claim racing DNA and crap and none are still capable of a power wheelie or a serious rush. All they know is sell a moped on the lines of an SBK.
Please point me in the direction where Bajaj has mentioned this bike has "Racing DNA"!!!!

Calling it a moped eh , differing opinions across different forum!

Last edited by praful : 23rd June 2009 at 16:07.
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:28   #37
BHPian

There you go! The flames have started on this thread too! Giving out blatant, sweeping statements even before giving the bike a look, taking it out for test ride, is preposterous, really. Let the dust settle in and bikes reach the showrooms, we'll really know if Bajaj launched a killer performance bike or not. Till then let us all try to keep the thread healthy.

Suggest mods keep a close watch on this thread lest this goes the way most threads (on this topic) on other forums have gone (read brand-wars, flames, fanboys, bickering, blah blah blah)

Last edited by wanderlustindia : 23rd June 2009 at 17:30.
Old 23rd June 2009, 20:44   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Please point me in the direction where Bajaj has mentioned this bike has "Racing DNA"!!!!

Calling it a moped eh , differing opinions across different forum!
Dude, you are one king of controversies .
racing DNA is not for the pulsar (its not even close to being spent R A C I N G), it was meant for the R15 and RTR ads.
I've always called the R15 a moped, read my threads closely. Opinions remain the same across all forums.
Like I said, all these 20bhp bikes are no ways as hyper as they are branded and advertised. There is no damn kick that they can give in stock, unless u give it a real hard kick inside the engine.
Old 23rd June 2009, 21:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

So the fastest (i.e 0-60) and most powerful Indian bike just got even faster, more powerful and 10K cheaper.....and all you guys can do is crib ???

Quote:
With acceleration figures of 3.8secs to 60 and 11.1secs to 100 while ridden by a 50kgs rider, its by no means scary.
It does sound a little fishy.
3.8 is a whole 'second' faster to 60 than the 220 FI but with just 1 more bhp.
BTW, the rider is supposed to be Varad More, dunno if he is 50kg.

Last edited by Mpower : 23rd June 2009 at 21:27.
Old 23rd June 2009, 21:44   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude, you are one king of controversies .
Well, I learnt from you only!
Old 23rd June 2009, 21:46   #41
Senior - BHPian

@MPOWER ..Yeah they expect a rocket ship for 70 K .
Old 24th June 2009, 02:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
So the fastest (i.e 0-60) and most powerful Indian bike just got even faster, more powerful and 10K cheaper.....and all you guys can do is crib ???
Its also from the most unreliable manufacturer. Just because it got cheaper and more powerful doesn't mean its all good.

Pulsar engines and starters make horrible sounds after sometime. They just sound so unrefined and coarse. Given a choice, I would still buy a Karizma.
Old 24th June 2009, 03:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Saying unreliable is more of an insult for bajaj.

we have had a Bajaj Chetak for 28 years and still running like new.

I had a bajaj pulsar for 3 years and the only thing I had to get replaces was the fuel cock coz it was leaking.

Wonder how reliable you think Honda is since I have seen Karizma's in much worse conditions than most Pulsar 180's.

I do agree the gearbox sucked but Karizma's cannot handle thrashing as well as the Pulsar's do.
Old 24th June 2009, 04:32   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Its also from the most unreliable manufacturer. Just because it got cheaper and more powerful doesn't mean its all good.

Pulsar engines and starters make horrible sounds after sometime. They just sound so unrefined and coarse. Given a choice, I would still buy a Karizma.
i would disagree on your quote of being bajaj the most unreliable manufacturer.

i have seen many a bikes from honda(unicorn - my friend's), hero honda(my bro's splendor), tvs(cousin's rtr with me for 7 months) which are even in bad condition.

i have a 6 and half year pulsar dtsi it has got no problems till now. touchwood
no starter problem, no horrible sounds from engine. replaced battery once, regular servicing and replacement of wear and tear parts is all i did. though i would be now replacing tires after so m any year

its all about taking care of your bike just like we do it for our cars. i have ripped my bike like anything on nh-8 and trust me, its just as reliable as any honda or any other company.

please avoid making generalize statements. may be you had a bad experience.

while i did have a bad experience with splendor (bro's bike's engine gone kaput to be replaced with new one in just 23k kms), i didn't say hero honda is the most unreliable manufacturer.

all this is off topic. lets get on with the topic.

Last edited by chevelle : 24th June 2009 at 04:34. Reason: off topic
Old 24th June 2009, 06:12   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
i would disagree on your quote of being bajaj the most unreliable manufacturer.

i have seen many a bikes from honda(unicorn - my friend's), hero honda(my bro's splendor), tvs(cousin's rtr with me for 7 months) which are even in bad condition.

i have a 6 and half year pulsar dtsi it has got no problems till now. touchwood
no starter problem, no horrible sounds from engine. replaced battery once, regular servicing and replacement of wear and tear parts is all i did. though i would be now replacing tires after so m any year

its all about taking care of your bike just like we do it for our cars. i have ripped my bike like anything on nh-8 and trust me, its just as reliable as any honda or any other company.

please avoid making generalize statements. may be you had a bad experience.

while i did have a bad experience with splendor (bro's bike's engine gone kaput to be replaced with new one in just 23k kms), i didn't say hero honda is the most unreliable manufacturer.

all this is off topic. lets get on with the topic.
Man its the reputation!!!
Just like fiat... And for a reason too. bajaj are known to use cheap parts that fail often. Hero Honda are known to use quality parts. Key word is 'known' - reputation. At the end of the day its not about my or your bike only. Reputations are built over time and over millions of sales!

Theres the reason why Hero Honda commands better resale. I sold my 5 year old Karizma for more than 50% of purchase price (bought for 71k, sold for 40k). My friend had bought his Pulsar 180 at the same time and is still struggling to sell it for even 20k!

Probably analogous to Fiats position in India. Got bad reputation and now resale value of Fiat vehicles suffer (even though they might be good). I am not saying Bajaj is still using bad quality spares but they did at one time and have this bad reputation in the market!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks