Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2009, 04:27   #1
BHPian

Karizma 5th Gear Problem..Please Help

Hi, A 2003 model karizma purchased second hand was discovered to have a rather serious problem. The bike accelerated quite smoothly through all the gears but when you shift into 5th at whatever speed, after a few seconds it automatically shifts back into fourth, proving very dangerous at high speeds.
1. The clutch plates were changed.
2. The center line packing used was inferior quality and idiots had used double packing, which was corrected as well.
3. Then we discovered that duplicate packing was used all over so the entire packing for the engine etc.. was changed.
3. There was a small part of the shifter inside which was fitted incorrectly(dont know the exact name) that was corrected and fitted according to the manual.
4. Basically, we went by the book and every part was examined for undue stress or wear and tear but to no avail. The gearbox was then assembled after making sure all the parts were present, but the problem persists.

If anyone has faced such a problem on any other japanese bike(as I 'm assuming the gearboxes would be similar)as well Could you please post a detailed explanation as to how the problem was fixed....any and all help will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Old 24th June 2009, 12:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

i faced kinda same problem when my zma's gear box broke.
it would not engage into 5th gear.so i had to get gear box stripped open again,and it was caused due to incorrect part usage,almost same structure of the internal shifters,just small difference.
Old 24th June 2009, 14:37   #3
BANNED

the dog legs might be worn out .. or u r mechanic might have missed a small washer .. LOL

Also check if the shifter drum grooves are worn out or the shifter drum has any slackness .
Attached Thumbnails
Karizma 5th Gear Problem..Please Help-dscf0006-copy.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks