Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 15:52   #16
BHPian

An advertisement more than an owner's report IMO.
Old 30th June 2009, 16:14   #17
BHPian

If you guys are right then I gotta hand it to you for being sharp enough to spot this...!!

But then could' nt it just be one super happy customer,..but then maybe its just Mr.Gullible me !!
Old 30th June 2009, 17:10   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Off course there is a point to this post,..its a proud owner sharing his views about his ownership. Do you mind ?!

And @nishru pictures would be nice since we are already debating about the versions and also how it looks after your mods.

Cheers!
Ok here goes on the pictures. Unfortunately, I do not have any rightaway of just my bike, so, you will have to bear with my picture as well. I shall post a link to a picasa site for more pictures of the bike alone - this will happen over the weekend.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
Biking Nirvana - RE 500cc Machismo LE-gs-bike.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th June 2009 at 18:49. Reason: back to back posts, use multi quote please.
Old 30th June 2009, 19:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
This looks more like a plug for HSR motors, looking at your post count and you going on raving about them - Nicely done though, I should say.

Got a degree in marketing?
+1 to that. Even I felt this to be a sales pitch.

The lone pic does not show anything special about the bike. Also, no mention of what changes were made to the bike to make it LE.

- Jag
Old 30th June 2009, 20:04   #20
Team-BHP Support

I too thought it to be review of an extremely happy customer and was eagerly looking forward to it, but after reading the other posts there is doubt in my mind.
Old 30th June 2009, 20:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nishru,

Sorry to sound harsh, but your post looks like a promotion for HSR services. I wasn't too impressed by them as most of their mechanics didn't know about which spare would fit which model.

Also, please don't let your Bull be picked up by all and sundry for service. You don't have an inkling as to how the mechanics would rip your LB500 on the way to service.

Anyway, if HSR is really as good as you have portrayed, I'd be very happy for all the Bulleteers in Bangalore.

Happy Thumping,
Jay
Old 1st July 2009, 00:44   #22
BHPian

amazing isnt it? how appreciation for a dealer is frowned upon and looked upon suspiciously, albeit due to perhaps a dodgy sounding post? well done bhpians!

am sure if the same "newbie nishru" had posted a poor review of HSR, we would have all lapped it up like hungry puppies........ sad but true. we have taken it for granted that excessive dealer appreciation is bogus while excessive dealer abuse is genuine. why? because we find it hard to believe that a dealer can actually deliver satisfactory services?

are we as a race averse to giving appreciation? even to our siblings or our children or our colleagues, we sub-consciously reserve/suppress our words of appreciation fearing poor performance the next time around.

food for thought i am sure.
Old 1st July 2009, 05:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishru View Post
I purchased a RE 500cc Machismo "Limited edition" in Feb’08. The bike was purchased through and supported by HSR Services. So, all my dealing(s) have been with the HSR group than with the company itself.
Does that mean that everyone else buys direct from RE? Oh C'mon !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishru View Post
This is my 3rd Bullet since the first one in 1981. I bought the RE 500 Machismo. However, the Bullet is a Lifestyle icon. It is an integral part of your life, and it has its share of needs and gripes. At the end of the day, the amount of pleasure and satisfaction it gives you, makes it all worthwhile.
The Bike
Absolute, fabulous, biking nirvana! This is what comes to mind after having used the bike for over 16 months now. Save for the split seats, she is a replica of the bike on the RE website. All this was done, thanks to the timely and exceptional efforts/service from HSR – those guys were simply AMAZING. Never once did I have to follow up or do anything. They picked up my bike for regular service, dropped it back once the servicing was done and ensured that what needed to be done was done.
Initially, not much pick up and the engine would start knocking after 5 kms. HSR did a few things – and finally, they replaced the carb! I obtain simply amazing consumption – average 33-38 kmpl! Yes, you read that right –33-38kmpl.(cruise along comfortably at 65-70 kmph)
The disc brakes are great – and yet I say they need be used the least. This after 2 spills entirely due to the front disc brake being used in a hurry! Thanks to the crash guard that HSR MADE me fit, I escaped without any burns! The brakes are an area that the bike needs certain improvement on, for sure. Is RE listening?
The Dealer:
Well, AMAZING is the word I would like to use as far as HSR Services/Motors is concerned. Those guys are great and make you feel entirely comfortable. They take an exceptional interest in your and your bike’s welfare and suggest only the best things to do. Never once have they suggested something just to ensure that their revenues go up. In fact, many a time, they have actually suggested the appropriate things to be done, even if it meant that they could have made a couple of hundreds/thousands more by agreeing to do what I wanted them to do!
The RE/HSR organized rally during the Republic Day weekend to Kemmanagundi was simply awesome. The meticulous planning, commitment, coordination, and service were simply out of this world. It was my first long distance ride and it converted me totally. They are “customer service” personified.
Conclusion:
Overall, I am an extremely satisfied customer of HSR and RE. The Bullet IS UNTOUCHED by technology and makes riding a very personal affair. For Biking Nirvana, the Bullet it is. If you are looking for peace of mind, then HSR! I am sure you will be happy with both!!
God bless you all, and here’s to happy biking to you all!!
Look at the highlighted part and tell me if the post was more about the bike or for HSR. However, as I acknowledged, it was posted so nicely, but still very obvious to the discerning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
amazing isnt it? how appreciation for a dealer is frowned upon and looked upon suspiciously, albeit due to perhaps a dodgy sounding post? well done bhpians!

am sure if the same "newbie nishru" had posted a poor review of HSR, we would have all lapped it up like hungry puppies........ sad but true. we have taken it for granted that excessive dealer appreciation is bogus while excessive dealer abuse is genuine. why? because we find it hard to believe that a dealer can actually deliver satisfactory services?

are we as a race averse to giving appreciation? even to our siblings or our children or our colleagues, we sub-consciously reserve/suppress our words of appreciation fearing poor performance the next time around.

Dealer can give satisfactory service - no doubt. But when a newbie poster - in his very first post - goes gaga about dealer fitting a crashguard for him, fitting accessories etc, I take it with a pinch of salt.

The other scenario of a vehicle owner being wronged, and wanting to have his experiences public - to try and get help to sort out things looks more genuine to me.

Having said that, I concur with your last statement about miserliness in doling out appreciation - in general. Does not apply to the original post in this thread, though. I still believe it is surrogate advertising. But then, who am I to complain?
Old 1st July 2009, 06:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

I am not taking any sides here but it happens to me as well. If I go to some nice resort and I like the services and atmosphere, I will recommend it to everyone for the benefit of the community.
There have been more than one instance when I thought I'll post pictures and publish contact info of resorts or even independant mechanics who do a honest and neat job.
Thank God I did not do that else people would have pounded me for being referal junkie.
Old 1st July 2009, 09:16   #25
Team-BHP Support

It is not the appreciation that has drawn flak from Bhpians IMO, it is the lack of followup with proper answers of the questions asked has resulted in this doubt about the genuinity of appreciations.
Old 1st July 2009, 10:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post

You may be right in other scenarios, but here Royal Enfield is concerned.
Being a part of RE family for approx 6 years now, across diff places - Vizag, Hyd, Pune - I absolutely know what most RE dealers/workshops stand for.

Shoddiness, Callousness, arrogance ...

A review like this, kinda sounds like blowing your own trumpet, pretty suspicious ain't it?

Nishru, by Bull 500 LE I assume you are talking about the Bullet Classic that was launched quite recently, albeit only for the markets abroad.
How did you manage to palm such a piece for India?
Old 1st July 2009, 11:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I am not taking any sides here but it happens to me as well. If I go to some nice resort and I like the services and atmosphere, I will recommend it to everyone for the benefit of the community.
There have been more than one instance when I thought I'll post pictures and publish contact info of resorts or even independant mechanics who do a honest and neat job.
Thank God I did not do that else people would have pounded me for being referal junkie.
Oh c'mon - If you put resort info in a travelogue and say that they provide good services, who is going to complain? Have you seen anybody doing that? On the other hand, if all you do on t-Bhp is publish info about resorts and stuff, that must mean something, right?

What made me suspect the intentions of the poster was that -

1. It is his first post
2. Too much of accoloades for practically nothing - I think this dealer is new as well(replacement for Agro? - not sure), so could do with some publicity.
Old 1st July 2009, 11:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
What made me suspect the intentions of the poster was that -

1. It is his first post
2. Too much of accoloades for practically nothing - I think this dealer is new as well(replacement for Agro? - not sure), so could do with some publicity.
Point taken. Over to @Nishru for some explaination and pictures.
Old 1st July 2009, 22:51   #29
BHPian

all fair and valid arguments i must say. but perhaps we need to cut some slack and accept somethings sometimes. newbies will learn from this i hope and be more clear in their posts in future.

however, whatever our analysis of the original post, i guess that's its got hsr (and nishru) some quick publicity! like the saying goes, "any publicity is good publicity".

and hsr is the agro replacement and am told that hsr has been around for over a year now as an re dealer and agro was terminated as a dealer also more than a year back though they still continue in the same premises with an re board and still service re bikes.

i wish nishru and hsr all the best and happy thumping.
Old 5th July 2009, 22:03   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Nishru, by Bull 500 LE I assume you are talking about the Bullet Classic that was launched quite recently, albeit only for the markets abroad.
How did you manage to palm such a piece for India?
It's a Machismo, not a classic. At this angle it could be either a 500cc LB as he claims or a 350.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks