Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2009, 16:38   #1

Biking Nirvana - RE 500cc Machismo LE

I purchased a RE 500cc Machismo "Limited edition" in Feb’08. The bike was purchased through and supported by HSR Services. So, all my dealing(s) have been with the HSR group than with the company itself.

This is my 3rd Bullet since the first one in 1981. I bought the RE 500 Machismo. However, the Bullet is a Lifestyle icon. It is an integral part of your life, and it has its share of needs and gripes. At the end of the day, the amount of pleasure and satisfaction it gives you, makes it all worthwhile.
The Bike
Absolute, fabulous, biking nirvana! This is what comes to mind after having used the bike for over 16 months now. Save for the split seats, she is a replica of the bike on the RE website. All this was done, thanks to the timely and exceptional efforts/service from HSR – those guys were simply AMAZING. Never once did I have to follow up or do anything. They picked up my bike for regular service, dropped it back once the servicing was done and ensured that what needed to be done was done.
Initially, not much pick up and the engine would start knocking after 5 kms. HSR did a few things – and finally, they replaced the carb! I obtain simply amazing consumption – average 33-38 kmpl! Yes, you read that right –33-38kmpl. (cruise along comfortably at 65-70 kmph)
The disc brakes are great – and yet I say they need be used the least. This after 2 spills entirely due to the front disc brake being used in a hurry! Thanks to the crash guard that HSR MADE me fit, I escaped without any burns! The brakes are an area that the bike needs certain improvement on, for sure. Is RE listening?
The Dealer:
Well, AMAZING is the word I would like to use as far as HSR Services/Motors is concerned. Those guys are great and make you feel entirely comfortable. They take an exceptional interest in your and your bike’s welfare and suggest only the best things to do. Never once have they suggested something just to ensure that their revenues go up. In fact, many a time, they have actually suggested the appropriate things to be done, even if it meant that they could have made a couple of hundreds/thousands more by agreeing to do what I wanted them to do!
The RE/HSR organized rally during the Republic Day weekend to Kemmanagundi was simply awesome. The meticulous planning, commitment, coordination, and service were simply out of this world. It was my first long distance ride and it converted me totally. They are “customer service” personified.
Conclusion:
Overall, I am an extremely satisfied customer of HSR and RE. The Bullet IS UNTOUCHED by technology and makes riding a very personal affair. For Biking Nirvana, the Bullet it is. If you are looking for peace of mind, then HSR! I am sure you will be happy with both!!
God bless you all, and here’s to happy biking to you all!!
Old 22nd June 2009, 19:06   #2
BHPian

I agree that HSR is probably the best you're going to get out of an RE showroom. Although, I disagree that brakes need working on. I think the brakes are just fine.
Old 22nd June 2009, 20:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

how about some pics of the 500lb? were all the accesories part of the deal or did you have to purchase them seperately?
Old 22nd June 2009, 23:17   #4
BHPian

nice to know that you are enjoying the bull. as far as the brakes go, i feel that the front is adequate but the rear needs work. a better rear would certainly reduce dependence on the front in slippery conditions.

and that mileage, its shocking to say the least. well, all i can say is that you are one lucky guy.

Last edited by hollywoodhogan : 22nd June 2009 at 23:19.
Old 24th June 2009, 11:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

500 LE?????
are you sure its not the 500LB?
Old 24th June 2009, 12:09   #6
BHPian

@nishru, can you help me by providing their contact details ie HSR Services/Motors
Old 24th June 2009, 12:10   #7
BHPian

Mods please excuse there was an error and post appeared twice.

Last edited by Aston.Martin : 24th June 2009 at 12:12.
Old 24th June 2009, 12:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
500 LE?????
are you sure its not the 500LB?
2008 Feb didnt have the LB (Lean Burn);his should be the Limited Edition
Old 24th June 2009, 12:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I am not aware if any LE was launched,can you put light as to what differences were there in it apart from regular CI 500
Old 24th June 2009, 15:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
By 2008 Feb, there were many many LB 500's on road. I don't think there was any Limited Edition 500 CI launched anytime. Correct me IIAW.
Old 24th June 2009, 15:37   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
By 2008 Feb, there were many many LB 500's on road. I don't think there was any Limited Edition 500 CI launched anytime. Correct me IIAW.
yes you are correct IMHO,that's why i was wondering regarding LE
Old 24th June 2009, 21:19   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishru View Post
I purchased a RE 500cc Machismo "Limited edition" in Feb’08. The bike was purchased through and supported by HSR Services. So, all my dealing(s) have been with the HSR group than with the company itself.

This is my 3rd Bullet since the first one in 1981. I bought the RE 500 Machismo. However, the Bullet is a Lifestyle icon. It is an integral part of your life, and it has its share of needs and gripes. At the end of the day, the amount of pleasure and satisfaction it gives you, makes it all worthwhile.
The Bike
Absolute, fabulous, biking nirvana! This is what comes to mind after having used the bike for over 16 months now. Save for the split seats, she is a replica of the bike on the RE website. All this was done, thanks to the timely and exceptional efforts/service from HSR – those guys were simply AMAZING. Never once did I have to follow up or do anything. They picked up my bike for regular service, dropped it back once the servicing was done and ensured that what needed to be done was done.
Initially, not much pick up and the engine would start knocking after 5 kms. HSR did a few things – and finally, they replaced the carb! I obtain simply amazing consumption – average 33-38 kmpl! Yes, you read that right –33-38kmpl. (cruise along comfortably at 65-70 kmph)
The disc brakes are great – and yet I say they need be used the least. This after 2 spills entirely due to the front disc brake being used in a hurry! Thanks to the crash guard that HSR MADE me fit, I escaped without any burns! The brakes are an area that the bike needs certain improvement on, for sure. Is RE listening?
The Dealer:
Well, AMAZING is the word I would like to use as far as HSR Services/Motors is concerned. Those guys are great and make you feel entirely comfortable. They take an exceptional interest in your and your bike’s welfare and suggest only the best things to do. Never once have they suggested something just to ensure that their revenues go up. In fact, many a time, they have actually suggested the appropriate things to be done, even if it meant that they could have made a couple of hundreds/thousands more by agreeing to do what I wanted them to do!
The RE/HSR organized rally during the Republic Day weekend to Kemmanagundi was simply awesome. The meticulous planning, commitment, coordination, and service were simply out of this world. It was my first long distance ride and it converted me totally. They are “customer service” personified.
Conclusion:
Overall, I am an extremely satisfied customer of HSR and RE. The Bullet IS UNTOUCHED by technology and makes riding a very personal affair. For Biking Nirvana, the Bullet it is. If you are looking for peace of mind, then HSR! I am sure you will be happy with both!!
God bless you all, and here’s to happy biking to you all!!
Is there a point to this post? Also, did you mean "Disc brakes" or "Disc brake?" Did RE mysteriously put rear discs on this thing? That would be very out of character.
Old 29th June 2009, 15:36   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
how about some pics of the 500lb? were all the accesories part of the deal or did you have to purchase them seperately?
I requested HSR to help me make the bike look exactly like the one displayed on the RE website. I had them remove the split seats though since I did not find them comfortable for me. Aside that, it is an exact replica of the bike on the site. The other small change is the back rest for the pillion rider - I opted for a cushioned back rest along with a helpmet lock.

Bullet Machismo 500 | Motorcycle India

I purchased all the accessories through HSR and they took care of the fixing as well.

Cheers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston.Martin View Post
@nishru, can you help me by providing their contact details ie HSR Services/Motors
HSR Services:

Mission Road, Bangalore.

Contact person: Mithun (+91-98458-75611)

God bless!

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th June 2009 at 19:29.
Old 30th June 2009, 14:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

This looks more like a plug for HSR motors, looking at your post count and you going on raving about them - Nicely done though, I should say.

Got a degree in marketing?
Old 30th June 2009, 15:39   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
Is there a point to this post? Also, did you mean "Disc brakes" or "Disc brake?" Did RE mysteriously put rear discs on this thing? That would be very out of character.

Off course there is a point to this post,..its a proud owner sharing his views about his ownership. Do you mind ?!

And @nishru pictures would be nice since we are already debating about the versions and also how it looks after your mods.

Cheers!

Most Viewed