Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 17:39   #1
BHPian

Me and My Bull 500cc Machismo AVL; The Journey has begun

To start with my name is Jimmy (I like the phrase jimmyjagga so hence JJ). After spending 8 years outside India and owning Harley Davidson Sportster (Used!), when i came back the rush to motorcycling came home with me. My attitude towards motorcycling is pretty straightforward "Motorcycling is 90% love affair and 10% riding"that is why I spend more time in washing and waxing then driving.
Anyways after a good researh ( and belive me a really extensive research!) for 5 months I bought 500cc Machismo AVL- Black. But the work did not stop there, from here the affair began. I was informed that for AVL black in color the lead time is 2 weeks atleast, so in mean time i started to search for Retro fits for my bull. See, every one has his/her own taste, or lets put it other way round which is more adapt " every one is entiteld to his/her own taste" i like retro better, split seat in contrast to my bull's color, classic on mudguard number plate, headlight cap and Royal Enfield logo embossed on tank (Instead of sticker which comes with machismo). And not to forget I am waiting on for a windscreen ordered from R.E. dealership here in Gurgaon.

My 2 cents on my Experience with Dealer: Here in Gurgaon, HR we have two RE dealerships, only one deals in 500cc i.e. AMAN Motorcycles, The owner Mr. TAPAN SHARMA is a one man army there, A bullet lover, an enthusiastic for RE and overall a person with Ethics. He will never give you false advise and/or give anyone's RE for TD. Loved him and his advise for various issues right from selection to booking to buying to after delivery works. A+++ to him and his dealership for that.

My Ride: Excellent I would say, simply love it. I am weary of breaking period so 'am not taking chances and do not rev. in excess, nor stick to one speed or gear for long and neither take it above 45kmph.

Team Bhp-ians to thanks
1. Sankar (Throttleking)
2.Jay Prashanth
3.John SW.
Thank you guys could'nt have done without you.
And of course threads on RE Bullet by fellow Team Bhp-ians. Thank you all.
Attached Thumbnails
Me and My Bull 500cc Machismo AVL; The Journey has begun-pics-003.jpg  

Me and My Bull 500cc Machismo AVL; The Journey has begun-pics-004.jpg  

Me and My Bull 500cc Machismo AVL; The Journey has begun-pics-007.jpg  

Me and My Bull 500cc Machismo AVL; The Journey has begun-pics-010.jpg  

Me and My Bull 500cc Machismo AVL; The Journey has begun-pics-016.jpg  

Old 30th June 2009, 17:59   #2
BHPian

Nice Bike! So what are the retrofits you were talking about? Can you list them?
Old 30th June 2009, 18:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjagga View Post
"Motorcycling is 90% love affair and 10% riding"
It cannot get any more true than what you have quoted and the smile on your face tells the story.

Enjoy the ride and keep us posted.

cheers
Old 30th June 2009, 18:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jimmy. Congrats on the new purchase. I'm not sure if you'll forget the Harley though. Keep us posted about your adventures on the bike.
Old 30th June 2009, 18:20   #5
BHPian

JJ nice bike man! About the seats, you got them done? Black would have looked cool. Also, they look quite hard.. wondering if it's okay for the buttocks!
Old 30th June 2009, 18:25   #6
BHPian

Please tell us the prices for those split seats and Classic mudguard.. are they OE fitments available from Enfield showroom itself? or aftermarket ones?
Old 30th June 2009, 19:03   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
Nice Bike! So what are the retrofits you were talking about? Can you list them?
Fiery enzyme,
By retrofits I meat seats old pattern number plate on mudguard, headlight cap, and RE logo embossed style. Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
It cannot get any more true than what you have quoted and the smile on your face tells the story.

Enjoy the ride and keep us posted.

cheers
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Hi Jimmy. Congrats on the new purchase. I'm not sure if you'll forget the Harley though. Keep us posted about your adventures on the bike.
I'd be honest here prince_pervez, and this is my viewand it may not be right, but I strongly feel Harleys on Indian roads with their CC's and style will not be a huge success, there turning radius, etc. requires nice roads with good driving manners.
Again no Offence to any one and I DON"T want this to become a harley thread. Just my 2 cents here
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post
JJ nice bike man! About the seats, you got them done? Black would have looked cool. Also, they look quite hard.. wondering if it's okay for the buttocks!
yes ushk they are comfertable. Look at machismo on RE website see how rider seat has springs in it, now that would hurt, but these are your regular foam seats. I had them like this because I am 5'6" and this gives me a better balance of bike. So far these have proven to be comfertable.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
Please tell us the prices for those split seats and Classic mudguard.. are they OE fitments available from Enfield showroom itself? or aftermarket ones?
No Aruncheloor, that is why I had mentioned " the affair began after I booked the bike, I spend lot of time looking for them, to be honest the seat style, color and patches are my design the tailor was understanding enough to accomodate them. Price of seats is @ 1500/Rs, Number plate @150/Rs.
Just look around for them and I am sur you'll find them.
Thanks
Old 30th June 2009, 20:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Jimmy.

Gorgeous ride to say the least.

I loved everything except the extra crash guard at the rear. IMHO, it just doesn't cut the ice for me.The rest of the bull looks superb to say the least. :-)

Meanwhile, 45KPH in top gear is an absolute no-no. You will be lugging the engine which is worse than over revving(which the vibes won't let you do anyway). You can take her to 60-70 in fifth gear. Just make sure you twist just 1/4 throttle for the first 500 Kms in all gears. This will take care of decent running in.

Also, make sure you use the engine braking normally as the oil flow is a lot increase when the engine is under engine braking. Letting the throttle off every now and then and varying your speed regularly also helps a lot. This piece of info is from the Pete Snidal manual.

And your seat selection is apt if you will do long rides. Saddles are way better than springers for longer trips.

Happy Thumping,

Jay
Old 1st July 2009, 11:07   #9
BHPian

[quote=JayPrashanth;1365428]Congratulations Jimmy.

Gorgeous ride to say the least.

I loved everything except the extra crash guard at the rear. IMHO, it just doesn't cut the ice for me.The rest of the bull looks superb to say the least. :-)

Meanwhile, 45KPH in top gear is an absolute no-no. You will be lugging the engine which is worse than over revving(which the vibes won't let you do anyway). You can take her to 60-70 in fifth gear. Just make sure you twist just 1/4 throttle for the first 500 Kms in all gears. This will take care of decent running in.

Also, make sure you use the engine braking normally as the oil flow is a lot increase when the engine is under engine braking. Letting the throttle off every now and then and varying your speed regularly also helps a lot. This piece of info is from the Pete Snidal manual.

And your seat selection is apt if you will do long rides. Saddles are way better than springers for longer trips.

Happy Thumping,

Jay[/quote

thanks Jay,
will follow your guidelines, I shall not lug the engine. Pete Snidal manual, is it available and where?

Regards
Manish
Old 1st July 2009, 13:29   #10
BHPian

Nice post mate! You got your self a good bike!
Bullet is alive and working because of brand loyalty! They haven't done much though to repay it's loyal customers.
It's sad indeed!
Old 1st July 2009, 13:50   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjagga View Post
Pete Snidal manual, is it available and where?

Regards
Manish
You can find some information about Pete's manual here:

Pete Snidal's Royal Enfield Bullet Manual

And for Indian orders, see the link below, it should cost you around 1K

http://webhome.idirect.com/~snidey/inddist.htm
Old 1st July 2009, 22:53   #12
BHPian

Hello Jimmy,

Congratulations on your new ride. The bike looks beautiful and I also liked the seats a lot. I surely will try to get those done for my next bull.

With regards to the manual, I have already sent you a PM.

Looking forward to your reply and I shall email the .pdf version of the manual to you.

Regards,
Mantri G.
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:03   #13
BHPian

Thank You

Thanks Mantri,
I have mailed you my email address.
Regards
JJ
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase.
Have fun with the Machismo.

TBHP: too many positive reviews on RE dealers these days, aint it?
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:24   #15
BHPian

+ve Response for RE dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Congrats on the purchase.
Have fun with the Machismo.

TBHP: too many positive reviews on RE dealers these days, aint it?
Alpha1,
I guess you are refering to post of Nishru.
Anyways, I belive it's a question of clicking with right person, not to get here, but last year when I bought my Altis and swift (for wife), my experience with dealers was horrible to say the least. This time just by chance I got to know the owner of RE dealership and was able to communicate with him directly may be thats why my experience was good.
Regards
JJ

Most Viewed