Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 04:07   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Do you mean by engine capacity alone or by class of bikes? I thought all of them were capable tourers.
Fazer cant be called as a tourer just because Yamaha says.
it struggles badly past 80,and performance is nothing to talk about on Bad roads.Its a decent stylish commuter,and it does that job pretty well.
Old 24th September 2009, 10:29   #122
Senior - BHPian

Holy Lord! What have they done to ZMA? Looks like it mated with a GSR and this was born!!! please remove that body cladding!
Old 24th September 2009, 10:47   #123
BHPian

The new karizma looks like an amateur design job. C'mon HH design team, is this what you can come up with? atleast add fatter rubber. The bike seems to have a major identity crisis in terms of its looks. The front portion seems to be a clutter of design ideas. Total mess.
Old 5th October 2009, 12:52   #124
kunal781

HH has once again lived upto its habit of giving cosmetic changes more importance over internal/performance upgrade.

But u cant even blame them completely, I think if its priced rightly, will sell better, not that I care about that point.

Now the bike looks like a cheap mod job. Headlight stolen from the Suzuki 150, tail from the CBZ, grab rail from Hunk, and fairing.... well everyone had these aftermarket fairing put on to their Karizma (and how we all hate em) so HH decided we should give it as a standard !!!!

I own the original Karizma and neither the 'R' version or 'ZMR' version are making me jealous or feel deprived of bhp

well I think we can conclude that HH will never make something like a Pulsar 220 or the R15! they will continue to make Splendors and CBZ's and Karizma's with newer parts, that it!!!

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th October 2009 at 13:13. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read the board rules carefully before proceeding, thanks

Old 5th October 2009, 16:32   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
grab rail from Hunk, well I think we can conclude that HH will never make something like a Pulsar 220 or the R15! they will continue to make Splendors and CBZ's and Karizma's with newer parts, that it!!!
Hunk's grab rail is not "broken" in the center. It is surely from Xtreme.
Old 5th October 2009, 18:09   #126
Senior - BHPian

Any BHPians who had the opportunity to test ride the ZMA-R??

The car & bike show reviewed it. Though they did not extensively road test it, they just gave the basics of ride quality and touring abilities. These points were already known from the old gen Zma's. The only addition is the FI with a fraction of an increase in the bhp. Ex-showroom Delhi was quoted as 93k. So it would easily cross 1L mark OTR. Tried getting a test ride in Bangalore in the HH showroom on inner ring road.. The answer was " Sorry saar, showroom under renovation. We dont have any test ride vehicles which we have received. "
Old 7th December 2009, 14:36   #127
kunal781

I`ve read the review from Bike India and they seemed to be impressed with the smoothness and overall fit n finish. But not much about the power increase.

Any BHPian got to test one ?

Old 23rd March 2011, 21:59   #128
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yuppie! New Karizma on cards!!! EDIT- Now Launched !!

Minor mods to ZMR ! Guys at xBHP have got the pics . Here's the link :
[Ownership Thread]: Hero Honda Karizma ZMR - Page 214 - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community
Old 23rd March 2011, 22:15   #129
Senior - BHPian

Come on Hero Honda! Was there any need of this "Limited" edition or something like that?
If they really wanted to update this bike then they should have upgraded the rear tyre and provided projector headlamps instead of useless sticker and color jobs.
Old 14th November 2012, 14:27   #130
BHPian

Does anyone here currently own the ZMR? Am sure there are many on the forum who have this bike.Reason am asking is cos am planning to trade in my Unicorn (7+ years old) and buy the ZMR. I know ZMR does have its nightmares on the spare parts availability and costs.Would be great if you can throw in some advice, I wasn't able to find any long term/initial ownership report for the ZMR.Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 12:31   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikoner_03 View Post
Does anyone here currently own the ZMR? Am sure there are many on the forum who have this bike.Reason am asking is cos am planning to trade in my Unicorn (7+ years old) and buy the ZMR. I know ZMR does have its nightmares on the spare parts availability and costs.Would be great if you can throw in some advice, I wasn't able to find any long term/initial ownership report for the ZMR.Thanks
Hi Ikoner_03,

A close firend of mine owns a ZMR and I most of the times ride it during weekends, though would not be able to provide a complete ownership review, here are a few quick bits:

1. Most of the spares are not available off shelf. Approx. wait period for spares are 15 - 20 Days.
2. Some Service Centers offer priority delivery of spares (Which are ordered from Hero) on payment of 20% of the cost of the spares.
3. Cost of the spares are slightly higher than Karizma R.

Apart from the spares, the riding and handling are good. But the concern I faced during a 150 KM trip is heating of fuel tank side walls though it not significant.

Will try to get more info from my friend for a ownership review. Anyways if you have any specific queries, I can get answers for the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks