Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2009, 22:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
If the bike features technology upgrades like liquid cooling, FI, full fairinig, rear disc, projector lamps, etc, the price definitely would above 1 lac. But still, it sells.
Quite possible. Then they would also most likely retain the old ZMA to compete with BAL and TVS. The new one priced at nearly 1L will make Yam think.
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:40   #17
BHPian

One can never be sure till the product is launched. I got so excited about the Karizma-R or whatever and see what happened.
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
I guess you are terribly mistaken Karizma was launched in 2003 and the new CBZ came out in 2007. Does anyone have more info about the new Karizma?
Well, I don't think I am "terribly" mistaken.

Karizma of 2003 is 7 years old now, splendor was launched sometime in 1994 and CBZ was launched sometime around 1999-2000 (I used to drive one back then). The new CBZ extreme is nothing but cosmetic job on top of old CBZ. Bajaj has come out with probably 3 generations of P150 and more models in terms of P180, P200, P220 FI and new P220 (BTW, even in remotest fantasies, I am not a fan of Bajaj).

I really look forward to see how long Hero Honda survives with their "All new" sticker jobs. Even the most disappointing of last decade, Yamaha, has waken up with R15 and FZ16.

Last edited by RX135 : 2nd July 2009 at 11:08.
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiyags22 View Post
One can never be sure till the product is launched. I got so excited about the Karizma-R or whatever and see what happened.
Very correct! But I don't see any excitement on this thread. There are more skeptical remarks than anything else, mainly due to their earlier stickering adventure.
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

All I want it to have a solid build quality. Minor falls, the handlegets bent on most HH models.
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:59   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Thats great news, but i am doubtful of their pricing. Expect it to be in between the Pulsar 220 and R15. Apache 180 should not be a competition.
Apache 180 would be a competition peformance wise. That bike is a real hoot, and only place where it would loose out with the biggies is on the top speed front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
The new CBZ extreme is nothing but cosmetic job on top of old CBZ.
Actually, this is not true. The engine is a different engine than the one that was in the classic CBZ. I am not a Hero Honda fan, but I think we are counting the chicken before they hatch.

I am not sure this is the new Karizma. The wheelbase and the overall bike frame seems smaller than the existing ZMA. Infact, I am not sure this is a Hero Honda product. This also could be the new 150 Honda that was being speculated.
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Pranay is right CBZ Xtreme has nothing to do with the earlier CBZ (Just like Zen Estillo has nothing to do with the earlier Zen )

From the pics it looks like some more body panels & rear disc.

I don't expect them to do much changes to the engine, may be some sort of tuning that's all.

EDIT: Also that last I heard Honda is still a partner of Hero in HH & their contract is till 2014

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd July 2009 at 12:27.
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
EDIT: Also that last I heard Honda is still a partner of Hero in HH & their contract is till 2014
Yes, Honda is still a partner and is supposed to be so till 2014. But it could all be changing soon according to this report on ET here.
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Yes, Honda is still a partner and is supposed to be so till 2014. But it could all be changing soon according to this report on ET here.
I am sure HH has plans in place. They are nothing without the Honda name. They would have to work their way up again just the way TVS had to do.
Old 2nd July 2009, 18:53   #25
BHPian

The handle bar seems lower, but the comfy touring position is still retained. The gas shox seem to be from the hunk. Finally a rear disc as well. Expect a bump in power as well. Rumor has it that it will now be a 250. This is definitely more than a sticker job. HH has finally woken, whether its too late or not we'll find out soon!
Old 2nd July 2009, 21:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Well, I don't think I am "terribly" mistaken.

The new CBZ extreme is nothing but cosmetic job on top of old CBZ.
There you go again, as mentioned by others CBZ extreme shares nothing with the old CBZ other than the name. Infact if i am not wrong it is the same ultra refined engine that goes into the Unicorn.
Old 2nd July 2009, 23:06   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
There you go again, as mentioned by others CBZ extreme shares nothing with the old CBZ other than the name. Infact if i am not wrong it is the same ultra refined engine that goes into the Unicorn.
The engine blocks of Unicorn, Hunk, Achiever, and CBZ Xtreme are same. The state of tune is different in Hunk and Xtreme.
Old 3rd July 2009, 06:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
The engine blocks of Unicorn, Hunk, Achiever, and CBZ Xtreme are same. The state of tune is different in Hunk and Xtreme.
But to my knowledge the CBZ never delivered mileage of the Unicorn.
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Yes becasue both the Hunk & Xtreme are tuned differently, if you see the spec sheets of all three bikes they are different from each other.
Old 3rd July 2009, 13:48   #30
BANNED

Why not CBX250 Twister, heard about VT250 from Honda itself

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks