Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2012, 00:20   #46
BHPian

Re: Yamaha RX100 - Still in great demand

Anjan Sir, Thanks for sharing the photos and wondering if there is any time machine to take me back to those wonderful years. Recently restored her to stock.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha RX100 - Still in great demand-rx1001.jpg  

Yamaha RX100 - Still in great demand-rx100.jpg  

SriramEfunds is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 00:24   #47
BHPian

Anybody from Chickmagalore who can help me to get an NOC for my RX-100.I brought my RX-100 in 1987 when I was doing Engineering in AIT , Chickmagalore.The bike is in very good condition and has completed more than a lakh KM and the engine never opened.I do most of the service myself.I am not able to find time to visit Chick soon to get the NOC .Can anybody from Chick help me or suggest a reliable agent there who can do the job.Please pm me.
Old 3rd October 2012, 22:53   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

A very common RX 100 advertisement of the times:

Yamaha RX100 - Still in great demand-dsc09859.jpg
anjan_c2007 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 00:10   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The rear luggage carrier was quite typical of the RX 100's. It was discontinued sometime in early 1990:
Anjan, the carrier was discontinued in 1987 itself. My September 1987 model did not come with one.
airfoil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 00:37   #50
BHPian

I repent even today, for selling my RX100 in the year 2003 to one of my office drivers who convinced me to sell it as I wasn't using it.

Its a real trouble free bike. I once had forgotten to check the lubricant (2T as they say) level and ran the nike for about 60-70 KMs but nothing happened. From the sound I came to know that 2T tank is empty and immediately filled the 2T tank and the bike was ok after that.

Awesome bike really.
byomjeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 00:42   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil View Post
Anjan, the carrier was discontinued in 1987 itself. My September 1987 model did not come with one.
But the rear carrier was available as OEM in authorized spare parts shops. I bought one for my 99 model RX 135 in 2007.

-- Jose
josejoseph is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 04:34   #52
BHPian

My brother in Navi mumbai has our original 1999 RX 100 and uses it for short runs , it has all the original equipment including the Mikuni carb... last time I was in India , drove it around Kharghar and it still gives me the thrill that none of the other bikes has ever given me ...
Old 5th October 2012, 16:04   #53
BHPian

I am also looking for a good RX-100 / 135 in Pune. One of my friends has RX-100 here, but in not-running condition, still demanding a good amount for it.

I guess the demand for these awesome machines have pushed the 2nd(3rd / 4th may be more) hand price to higher values.
Old 5th October 2012, 17:25   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

The RX 100 always had a good resale value. I remember more than a decade ago, when I was searching for a 2nd hand 2-stroke while in college, hearing high quotes for RX 100s. Finally bought a '94 Shogun.

Of course, now the asking rates for used RXs is even higher, and used Shoguns and RX 135s have also joined the club. Not to mention the outrageous rates for RDs and Bullets.

I'm very tempted to sell my Shogun now, my mind tells me that if there are actually people willing to pay that much for an almost 20-year old bike, why disappoint them?! But nostalgia prevents me from taking advantage of the totally unbelievable 2nd-hand rates in Bangalore!
Old 5th October 2012, 18:45   #55

Hi!
Always wanted to share my experiences of the Yamaha Rx100. The year was 1988 my younger brother had not completed 16yrs however he managed to convince / demand my parents for a new black metallic RX100 from Kumar the nearest dealer to commute to college. My Dad booked the bike and paid the full amount in cash (@ 22,000 INR)the next day with delivery on the same day. After couple of months, he had a minor accident (for the bike, the front fork got a bit bent, replaced in the first service) on an interior road with a scooter with sidecar (major for him as he broke his forearm and has 2 rods inserted to this day). Those were the days. We were a group of 8 guys with 4 black Yamaha RX100s, that met every day in the evenings on the WALL. (2 white Fiats for long drives )
The bike was awesome, I learnt on it. You had to respect the power. I remember doing wheelies in the first and second gears with minimal twist of the throtle, did not want to stall the bike. Fast Forward to a couple of years . I moved to Pune to study Mechanical Engineering and needed a 2 wheeler to commute. That was the time the RX100 was discontinued and it just did not seem worth it to get the RXG for the princely sum of money. I needed the dough for education and so was looking for a second hand RX100 , never found one so finally bought a second hand Honda CD100 that i used , repaired , used for almost 3 years. Although it was my first bike I always lusted after the RX100 and promised myself __ someday.
Finished BE started working, was using the RX sometimes but kept on looking for second hand RX100 not successful after 2 years bought a
LML Vespa ( that was a big mistake) sold it within a year luckily got a fair price for it. Was without a bike for almost a year. Kept checking with Kumar Auto and finally in 1999 got a bloody awesome RX for 24,000 INR. This was a guy who bought a new Santro . He did use it for almost 5 yrs but it was in great condition. The bike had power box with an original Japanese Mikuni carb ( had the original bills in yen) 3.00 tyre at the rear with 2.75 in front. Black color with KB10 meters, 12 Volt battery, Bratt bean can racing exhaust, sport handle that looked like clip-ons from a distance but was not. Anyway I had the dough and paid the full amount within couple of hours of seeing the bike. Man , I was in tenth heaven...... I just loved the bike. This was the fifth bike in our group and we also were frined with another younger group of guys that had 6 black yamahas so when we rode together we were 12 black yamahas. I still remember the trip we did together to Goa within 8 hours. phew memories, where would we be without them. I did a lot of experimentation with the bike but returned to the original exhaust. I must have exceeded 1 lakh kms on it. My brother moved to DXB a couple of years before me so I now had 2 black yamahas to use. I moved to DXB in 2007 and sold both the bikes for 12,000 inr each. Thought of keeping atleast one. Corrossion, theft etc dictated otherwise. Have returned to Mumbai and bought a FZ16 but really miss the RXs.
Thanks for the adverts, I used to have one stuck on my wardrobe door for as many years as I could think of, had got it laminated.The Yam looked best on the side stand with the handle angled fully to one side. drool.
Cheers!GTXMDPG
gtxmdpg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2012, 18:54   #56
BHPian

A nice to have thread which reminded me of my 1993 Rx which I sold in 2008 and still repent for it. But I am now in the look out for laying my hands on a stock, unripped Rx. Waiting for the day to come soon!
Old 8th December 2012, 01:37   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
A very common RX 100 advertisement of the times:

Attachment 995269
"Yamaha before an Yamaha , Yamaha after an Yamaha.Bangalore is full of beautiful Yamahas" This advt used to come in the deccan chronicle once up on a time.Am aproud owner of an RX-100 , 87 model, original "made in japan" stamped on left side .
rayygeorge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 23:37   #58
BHPian

Ok I need some serious help with my RX100, if anyone is watching any thread on RX100 (I have posted on many of them) please message on the forum asap. It's regarding the autolube pump.
Old 17th August 2013, 17:03   #59
BHPian

Guys I have a Black Rx 100, I havent been using it for the last year and a ahalf but would like to get it serviced and running - any pointers on where this can be done- might need some restoration- seats and the rim, indicators etc - I live in koramanagala bangalore and hence any area around that would be good. Do the showrooms do this anymore ?. I feel sad that the iconic byke is sitting idle in the garage - while taking it out to office has been banned by the missus due to safety concerns I guess i can steal a few trips to the grocery shops around - I havent seen my kiddo as happy on the cars when i take him out on the byke :-) :-)
Old 19th August 2013, 13:43   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyvictor View Post
Guys I have a Black Rx 100, I havent been using it for the last year and a ahalf but would like to get it serviced and running - any pointers on where this can be done- might need some restoration- seats and the rim, indicators etc - I live in koramanagala bangalore and hence any area around that would be good. Do the showrooms do this anymore ?. I feel sad that the iconic byke is sitting idle in the garage - while taking it out to office has been banned by the missus due to safety concerns I guess i can steal a few trips to the grocery shops around - I havent seen my kiddo as happy on the cars when i take him out on the byke :-) :-)
Would have done it for you had you been in Hyderabad. Can help you out with a couple of places:
1. Orion Motors (behind Forum Mall);
2. Ray's Tuning

I can't vouch for either of them as I've never been to them, just seen their work and heard about them. Orion is a Yamaha service center and apparently they are very good at RXs from what I've heard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks