Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2014, 14:20   #76
BHPian

Re: Yamaha RX100 - Still in great demand

Need rx100 mikuni make carborator and white coil and original silencer ,any pointers provide will be of great help. I am restoring my rx100 from scratch.
Old 4th December 2014, 14:27   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I have a colleague who wants to sell his 1988 RX100 for 36K.

It has been restored to mint condition and wanted an opinion if this is a good deal...Let me know please.
Is the bike sold? Can you provide more details about this one please? I know someone who may be interested if the price is negotiable.
Old 4th December 2014, 17:34   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
Is the bike sold? Can you provide more details about this one please? I know someone who may be interested if the price is negotiable.
Yes it got sold. I was a bit late and this guy was able to sell it another quick buyer!
Old 5th December 2014, 16:31   #79
BHPian

I just finalized a 1994 RX 100 for 38K. It has been used single hand by the owner (IT colleague) and has taken care of it well. I do not have to spend anything on it for now.

Just wanted to know if the deal is worth it. My long cherished dream is fulfilled :-)
Old 10th December 2014, 12:58   #80
BHPian

Picture taken when I went to pick it up after the sale.

It certainly is in good condition, however I want to put some work into it. Can anyone let me know off a good RX100 mechanic around Jayanagar?
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha RX100 - Still in great demand-my-yamaha-rx100.jpg  

Old 5th March 2015, 10:08   #81
BHPian

Reviving an Old Post. My RX 100 got a new paint job. She is still going strong even after her 23rd Birthday. Must say the demand for a RX100 is still very high, With a few People who are willing to sell and those that are being sold are in terrible condition.

One thing is certain. This is the best bike I have ever owned till date. She still runs like new, Still pops a wheelie effortlessly and a sound to match the torque. And I have no intentions of selling her! EVER!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha RX100 - Still in great demand-1425181447801.jpg  

Yamaha RX100 - Still in great demand-1425181457412.jpg  

Yamaha RX100 - Still in great demand-1425303999024.jpg  

Yamaha RX100 - Still in great demand-img20150301wa0021.jpg  

yamaniac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 16:06   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Need rx100 mikuni make carborator and white coil and original silencer ,any pointers provide will be of great help. I am restoring my rx100 from scratch.
Have you started the restoration?
- New silencer is available at Yamaha showroom (readily available at some cities and you should place an order at some places) for around 1.8k
- Not sure about the Mikuni carburetors, Micarb is available.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 16:20   #83
BHPian

Here are the pictures of my ride. It was bought in 1990 as brand new and has been with us ever since. Though lately we don't use it much other than to run some local errands, it had it's fair share of run. It's been neglected lately and lost it's shine. Though the thought of restoring it to it's old glory came to my from time to time, I never really acted on it. Then I came across some great restoration threads of RD 350s and RX 100s in Team BHP which ignited the passion to start the restoration.

Now that the goal is set, first task was to find a reliable mechanic. Being from the city that is full of auto fanatics, I had many choices. However, I chose to go with the Yamaha authorized service centre (Coimbatore Auto Garage). They offer total restoration of RX100 as a package but I did not go for it. Instead I chose to ask them to do specific work and decided to do the rest elsewhere.

Below are what I had asked them to do

1. Complete engine work - Bearing kit were replaced. New piston kit with the first oversize was put in place. Cylinder rebored to the first over size.
2. Complete clutch work - Friction plates and number of components were replaced.
3. Back shock absorbers replaced
4. Front fork suspension work
5. New Chain sprocket kit
6. Engine, Chain guard repainting
7. New battery
8. Replacement of all 4 indicators
9. Other miscellanies work

Work completed and I have taken the delivery already. However, I still have to do more work on her. So, not posting the post restoration pictures as yet. Will upload them in the next couple of weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha RX100 - Still in great demand-img_0162.jpg  

Yamaha RX100 - Still in great demand-img_0166.jpg  

Yamaha RX100 - Still in great demand-img_0169.jpg  

WildInstincts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 23:36   #84
BHPian

Today I got the below replaced

Petrol tank - It was in a okay condition with a repaint might lost for a few more years but decided to go for a new one as it is still available in the market. Not sure if I would get a new one few years down the line. Replaced the side covers as well - It cost about 4,500.

Seat - Same story. The bottom plate was rusted and in half-condition. New one was available in the market, so got it replaced - Cost 1,200.

Other spares for the mechanical work - 11,300
Labor cost including painting - 11,700

Still a few more to be taken care. Will post once done.
WildInstincts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 21:54   #85
BHPian

Still awaiting the new rims and repainted wheel hubs to come. Took the old wheels to a famous shop locally. My original idea was to get the rim and spokes chromium plated and wheel hub repainted, but he said old rims can't be plated anymore and advised me to go with a new set. I was already on Yezdi rear wheel setup. Agreed to go with the new set of rims and spokes. New spokes will be plated and the hubs painted.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha RX100 - Still in great demand-img_0219_s.jpg  

Last edited by WildInstincts : 5th May 2015 at 21:59.
Old 6th May 2015, 14:48   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildInstincts View Post
Still awaiting the new rims and repainted wheel hubs to come..
Mate,

Did you really repaint the red tank with the black paints? Honestly your original skin was still in good nick and a bit of detailing would have made it look even more graceful.
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 16:52   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Mate,

Did you really repaint the red tank with the black paints? Honestly your original skin was still in good nick and a bit of detailing would have made it look even more graceful.
I made the same irreversible error with Doppie's original Athena Grey tank recently - I was told that it would just be a "light rub" to get rid of the top lacquer layer, but a 13 year old tank's lacquer layer is firmly bonded with the underlying paint .....
Old 6th May 2015, 17:35   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I made the same irreversible error with Doppie's original Athena Grey tank recently -
Oh Oh...that's bad. Many a times we tend to over do the restoration bit. Am perfectly fine only to restore the parts that badly need to be rejuvenated.

Doc, think he has bought another set of tank and shields and preserved the original ones which I think is the right thing to do.
Old 6th May 2015, 17:47   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Oh Oh...that's bad. Many a times we tend to over do the restoration bit. Am perfectly fine only to restore the parts that badly need to be rejuvenated.

Doc, think he has bought another set of tank and shields and preserved the original ones which I think is the right thing to do.
Long story bro. And tragic one. Changed Doppie's tank and side boxes to plain white painted spare ones for dirtrodding racing - where falling is common and I did not want to dink the originals. So they were lovingly wrapped in bedsheets and stored away.

6 years later (recently) I feel the urge to get her back to stock. Take out the stored tins, and to my horror find the tank destroyed. All the gold piping has bubbled and/or faded away/disappeared. There is a patch near the seat part on top where the top lacquer has becomes yellowish. I thought it was a stain. When I rubbed it, it just peeled away in a gluey gelatinous layer, exposing the base paint underneath. Leaving a big unsightly patch.

The original idea was to remove the rest of the lacquer only (along with what was left of the god piping) and re-lacquer and then re gold pipe. Even the original "Enfield" stickers on both sides were slightly damaged/discolored. Would get those restored (gold painted) or get new stickers in gold radium cut. The sticker guy has a Enfield that is very close to original but the "e" and "f" are very slightly different ...

Its a tragedy man. What can I say. Haven't even gotten to the part of matching the new paint yet to the original toolboxes.
Old 6th May 2015, 18:06   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
. So they were lovingly wrapped in bedsheets and stored away.

Whoops does it get so humid in Pune to spoil the paint? Think its a mixture of humidity and dry weather that has taken the toll on the painting.

Have stored a brand new Shogun Tank but have smeared it with grease all round and then put in bubble sheet around it. The same treatment for my RD Spare Barrels, Silencers, Rims and what not

Sorry to read your tale could see the disappointment in your writing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks