Team-BHP - Disc Brakes not working fine – Bullet Electra ES
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Disc Brakes not working fine – Bullet Electra ES (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/61367-disc-brakes-not-working-fine-bullet-electra-es-2.html)

Got few links from the internet- Motorcycle Brake Maintenance Guide - Motorcycle Maintenance Guide , but they are of no use as mine issue is different.

Valuable Inputs are welcome...

Quote:

Originally Posted by desideep (Post 1377580)
Dana is in the 38 Motor market.

Does he work on Disc Brake too?

Its amazing that you have survived a faulty Disc brake for this long clap:

Here's what you need to do:

1. Go to any bike workshop. All bikes have disc brakes nowadays. Its not exactly rocket science.

2. The white liquid is most probably grease ozzing out. This means that it has mixed with your cleaning diesel or the brake fluid itself. This means there is a fissure in the gasket/oil seal at its base. If you open the Cylinder top, you can actually see this gasket. This needs examining.

3. Make sure when you top up your fluid, the pipeline is opened at both ends and not closed until you have steady flow. This is the only way to "bleed" it. Don't expect pressure immediately. You will have to pump your brake for a while until that happens.

4. Check your brake lever. It might have hindered motion at the bolting holes and might be the solution to your trouble.

5. Be careful while riding afterwards. The tightness of your brake will change and will take some getting used to.

All the best
REide safe
:thumbs up

Thanks for the reply
Yes... I somehow survived.
lol:

You said that the white liquid is grease coming out, so does that mean when i add fluid, that would also leak? Do i need to change the gasket? Is the grease used in the master Cylinder different from the normal ones.

Can you help me out in removing the Piston which is there in the Master Cylinder ? As that needs cleaning. The Piston is not freely moving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justROYal (Post 1847208)
Its amazing that you have survived a faulty Disc brake for this long clap:

Here's what you need to do:

1. Go to any bike workshop. All bikes have disc brakes nowadays. Its not exactly rocket science.

2. The white liquid is most probably grease ozzing out. This means that it has mixed with your cleaning diesel or the brake fluid itself. This means there is a fissure in the gasket/oil seal at its base. If you open the Cylinder top, you can actually see this gasket. This needs examining.

3. Make sure when you top up your fluid, the pipeline is opened at both ends and not closed until you have steady flow. This is the only way to "bleed" it. Don't expect pressure immediately. You will have to pump your brake for a while until that happens.

4. Check your brake lever. It might have hindered motion at the bolting holes and might be the solution to your trouble.

5. Be careful while riding afterwards. The tightness of your brake will change and will take some getting used to.

All the best
REide safe
:thumbs up

I have never done this myself, so I cant really help you out with first-hand knowhow. However, common sense says that if you open the cylinder cover from the top, you should be able to see this gasket and the place where the piston exerts pressure on the brake fluid.

This whole affair would need tools, fluid, containers to hold fluid and stuff. So my suggestion would be take it to the nearest Bullet mechanic you have and ask him to take your cylinder apart, piece by piece, and sort it out. DIY would really not be the best bet here.

All the best!

Anyone from Chandigarh, who can help me out in getting a good Bullet/Disc brake mechanic around Chandigarh?please:

Please send me the address of the Mechanic, and i will visit him coming weekend.

Thanks,
Tarun Madhok