Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2009, 00:29   #106
BHPian

The only thing i dont understand is : Why do you include all standard 350 owners in this ? Gordon : there are many people who might just never think about any other RE not being a bullet ? Atleast in our North india or dehradun we call every bike from RE stable a bullet. So there are only two explanations, either you hate the standard 350 or the people who own a standard !!

i saw the classic 10th time today, the 350 & 500 : Even the EFI one that is no close to being a bullet ( as you explain a tru bullet ) is a bullet !
Old 8th November 2009, 00:47   #107
Senior - BHPian

Hehe Shan... I don't think he includes all Std owners in his list.

But he has a point in how a lot of Std. owners are very quick to discard other REs as less than authentic. I have seen it too. Especially whenever I go to Punjab. :P

It is a matter of perception. Neither can those guys make me change my mind by calling it an unauthentic bullet, nor do I care enough to convert them.

I just laugh inside my head at people who say real Bullets are meant to leak oil and then I move on.

Gordon... Everyone understands your sentiment. But its no one's premise to try and convince the other. Just drop it.

Now please! Can we get back to the topic at hand.
Old 8th November 2009, 19:57   #108
Senior - BHPian

@EYW.

hehehe its true that in punjab people would give you a weird look if you are riding even a electra and if the electra is with 5 gears then its worst. hehehe

regarding the Oil leaks i find it really stupid when i hear that bullets are ment to do this, or when some one says that the bullet marks it teritory. if the bike is maintained well and every things is tightened correctly after some days the engine would never ooze blood(oil)
Old 8th November 2009, 22:33   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
@EYW.
hehehe its true that in punjab people would give you a weird look if you are riding even a electra and if the electra is with 5 gears then its worst. hehehe

I live in Punjab. No doubt STD is the most popular bullet here but STD is mostly bought by village guys. In the city area, you'd see many many electras and now-a-days most of em are 5s.

Even I own a Nov 2008 Silver Electra 5s and heads do turn everytime my thumper thumps in the market area. But STD has a distinctive appeal of its own. I'm a big fan of the STD but prefer an electra over the STD.

The dealer, a friend of my dad himself criticizes the STD and says electra is the best bullet. He gifted a fully loaded 5s to his 22 yr old son.

P.S - Electra 5s is more performance oriented. The engine has been tweaked for superior pick-up, better fuel efficiency, more high speed and less maintenance than STD.
Old 8th November 2009, 22:36   #110
BHPian

well, I got delivery of my Std today and AM I A HAPPY CAMPER.

Without doing anything, I can feel it man. And its gonna get better with age. The Thump is so prominent after the Machismo. In Machismo I had the short bottle Exhaust, and somehow it never did 'it' for me. But this one, in even in original condition is amazing.

And today I realized why I wanted this. My dad and uncle used to ride on, I guess 1983 Special Edition sports model. I have some pics, will scan them and upload them. Today my dad had a 12 inch smile on his face. Was constantly arguing with RE mechanic on how to set and tune the bike.

Took it to my uncle (my cousin has a AVL Thunderbird), another 12 inch smile, Jumped on the bike, and there he went (he is afraid to ride pulsar or TB), as conformable as his skin. Came back after a long round, my aunt jumped on the pillion and off they went again . The bike put their life back by 20 years.

My poor cousin stood there looking lost, staring at his TB, not getting what the fun was all about. He started his bike, now both of them were idling, and he says "Bhaiya meri bike ki to awaaz hi nahi aa rahi, aapki bike ise kha gayi". And then I spent some time explaining the differences that why his bike was faster, more efficient, easy to maintain than mine, and only crazy people buy Standard 350. Hopeless Romantics buy Standard 350.
Shashank.A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2009, 23:42   #111
BHPian

congrats man ! hope to hear the riding experience & some pics of the long awaited bull !
Old 9th November 2009, 09:24   #112
Senior - BHPian

Congrats mate wish you many years of happy Bullet-ing ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
...that why his bike was faster, more efficient, easy to maintain than mine, and only crazy people buy Standard 350. Hopeless Romantics buy Standard 350.
Loved it

-BJ
Old 9th November 2009, 11:17   #113
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your buy Shashank finally you seem satisfied.
Old 9th November 2009, 11:33   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
congrats man ! hope to hear the riding experience & some pics of the long awaited bull !
Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Congrats mate wish you many years of happy Bullet-ing ahead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Congrats on your buy Shashank finally you seem satisfied.
Thanks Bhai log. I really want this to last a lifetime.
Old 9th November 2009, 19:17   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
The bike put their life back by 20 years.
congrats Shashank. Happy thumping.
Please post pictures of your bull and your father's (ex) bull from 1983.

Regards,
Hopeless Romantic 4433
Old 9th November 2009, 20:26   #116
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Shashank. we need to meetup now on the Road.
Old 9th November 2009, 22:39   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
congrats Shashank. Happy thumping.
Please post pictures of your bull and your father's (ex) bull from 1983.

Regards,
Hopeless Romantic 4433
Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Congrats Shashank. we need to meetup now on the Road.
Thanks guys. Attached are some pics. I am yet to scan the old bike's pics, but will do it soon.

Deep bhai, this bike comes with a handle like Electra or Machismo, but without the weights. Is the traditional handle more or less comfy than this one ?

PS : I have never allowed pandit to put vermilion on any of my vehicles, but this babe is different, I want this to be a life long bond.
Attached Thumbnails
Bullet 350 Std VS Electra 5S-08112009002.jpg  

Bullet 350 Std VS Electra 5S-08112009003.jpg  

Bullet 350 Std VS Electra 5S-08112009004.jpg  

Bullet 350 Std VS Electra 5S-08112009006.jpg  

Bullet 350 Std VS Electra 5S-08112009008.jpg  

Bullet 350 Std VS Electra 5S-08112009009.jpg  

Old 10th November 2009, 21:40   #118
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shashank,

Congratulations on the black beauty.

About the handlebar, to each his own, but I do feel that the Electra & Machismo handlebars are more comfortable than those of the Std. Another thing which helps is the seat. The Std has a straight seat, whereas the Electra & Machismo have depressed seats, which makes the seating lower & improves handling & feel.

Take care.

Happy thumping,
Prakhar
Old 10th November 2009, 22:16   #119
BHPian

@ Prakhar - Straight seats are gone. This one has seats like Electra.
Old 10th November 2009, 22:34   #120
Senior - BHPian

I used to love those straight seats. but allas cant find a good one now i dont like that khajanchi stuff

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks