Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2009, 02:24   #1

M.TV ... STU(pid)NT MANIA

Friends,
What is wrong with M.TV.
First they launch a program M.TV Roadies, which they claim is designed to bring out the best of a Biker, his personality & attitude. This is so hilarious, its got nothing to do with Biking at all. Its a bunch of guys on HH. Karizma in a reality show who are given some tasks & challenges while fighting to wipe each other out to survive.
Why dont they rename it M.TV Survival standing beside HH Karizma.

Now they launch a iconic reality Show, which we all are eagerly awaiting to see & enjoy and there we have it, a bunch of Class stunt riders, among them some jokers & fillups along with some dames who have no connection with Stunts all their life. They dont even know what a stunt can be & how to execute a wheelie.....
Disgusting.... Hilarious....Annoying.... Frustrating... etc...its how we all feel here.

There are hundreds of talented young guys who perform amazing, and awe inspiring stunts who have been left out & not selected for the show, and M.Tv claims having chosen 12 of the best of indian stunt riders. How can they make such a claim. Stupid arrogance, that has hurt the Stunt biking community. Why dont they bring in only raw talent without any pre condition.

Its time we rebuke such stuff & bring real talent to showcase & the the best among them into the podium.

Last edited by Hari Krishna : 27th July 2009 at 02:32.
Old 27th July 2009, 03:10   #2
BHPian

I understand that first impression is the last impression but don`t just write them off. They might have started on with a slow note but i think going forward they will do better. Also, roadies was not all that bad yaar. You have to accept the fact that lots of people liked it. Be it for glamour, tasks, bitching, biking, raghu etc.
Old 27th July 2009, 03:20   #3
BHPian

I happened to see the show just today, well as it turns out most of the stunts didnt look that difficult either. Its a little scary though but definitely not tough to perform.
Moreover most of these so called reality shows are staged for more viewership.
Old 27th July 2009, 11:55   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun911 View Post
I happened to see the show just today, well as it turns out most of the stunts didnt look that difficult either. Its a little scary though but definitely not tough to perform.
Moreover most of these so called reality shows are staged for more viewership.
I cannot comment on the stunts that were performed because I don't have the expertise on that area. But as a biker, I am disgusted to see MTV resorting to 'dramabaazi' for this show. People sliding down poles when the hooter shoots off, people trying to come on shows and over-using terminology and getting their fifteen minutes of fame. Come on now.
Old 27th July 2009, 12:01   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Krishna View Post
There are hundreds of talented young guys who perform amazing, and awe inspiring stunts who have been left out & not selected for the show, and M.Tv claims having chosen 12 of the best of indian stunt riders. How can they make such a claim. Stupid arrogance, that has hurt the Stunt biking community. Why dont they bring in only raw talent without any pre condition.

Its time we rebuke such stuff & bring real talent to showcase & the the best among them into the podium.
This is like the Miss or Mr. contests happening. Out of the 30 people who came for the contest, one would be crowned Miss/Mr. India or South India or whatever. They wud also be called the most beautiful woman or most handsome man in India.

Totally sucks.
Old 31st July 2009, 16:07   #6
BHPian

The director is BUMPY , he is directing the show as good as his hairstyle
nothing much than gimmick.

BTW the participants were going bonkers for seeing there new bikes, kissing them and all, is this an overact or they are seeing the P-180 first time in there life ..

Last edited by praJEEP : 31st July 2009 at 16:08.
Old 31st July 2009, 16:12   #7
BANNED

I like to see girls in leathers
Old 31st July 2009, 16:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
BTW the participants were going bonkers for seeing there new bikes, kissing them and all, is this an overact or they are seeing the P-180 first time in there life ..
Hehe, it is just what it is - a gimmick. And the poor guys are just happy to be aired on MTV. So either watch it for just what it is - some "fake reality" show for kicks or if a self-respecting biker - avoid it by the lenght of a weaving truck! There was a time when I even contemplated writing a blog post about the irrelevantly named (or probably aptly named ) "Roadies" show but it ain't even worth my angst.
Old 31st July 2009, 16:16   #9
BHPian

MTV seems to have lost it long back. They should rename it as RTV ( reality TV ) than Music Television.
Their stupid shows and that mr.loud-mouth-bald-guy who thinks no end of himself, should be the first to be kicked out.
Old 31st July 2009, 16:25   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
MTV seems to have lost it long back. They should rename it as RTV ( reality TV ) than Music Television.
Their stupid shows and that mr.loud-mouth-bald-guy who thinks no end of himself, should be the first to be kicked out.

reminds me of the Hindustan RTV
Old 31st July 2009, 16:33   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
MTV seems to have lost it long back.....They should rename it as RTV ( reality TV ) than Music Television.
They lost it long long back. There was a time before youtube and dvds when one would eagerly look forward to watching the spanking new music videos, and such programs like Most wanted, etc.

These gave way to indipop, probably under pressure from the multitude of Hindi channels, and finally you have this avatar. But there are people who like them; so MTV's happy.
Old 31st July 2009, 17:45   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post
........ But there are people who like them; so MTV's happy.
Exactly. I cant believe people like them. I first saw bits of Roadies ( may be for 5-6 mins while surfing channels ) and started watching it for longer durations ( 10 -15 mins ). Not because I liked it , but because it was so funny. It was funny to see people crying because they didn't make it ,and that bald guy shouting at someone as if they owed him some money.
Why would you want to go on TV and have some jack*** embarrass you ? And apparently this makes the contestants tough. 100% pure bull.

MTV . Enjoy(ed). Not anymore.
Old 31st July 2009, 17:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

i have mentioned this on the other thread but MTV is absolutely lame nowadays
the worst part is people like the crap that they show on TV.
Old 1st August 2009, 22:05   #14
BHPian

MTV is a good distraction from reality. Who doesnt like watching idiots on tv making a fool out of themselves. But i have to say, they do manage to find some nice girls every now and then . Besides, all this "reality" stuff is really scripted, i thought u guys knew that by now.
Old 1st August 2009, 22:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

yes.mind it ,it is a reality show like other reality shows mtv and other channels run.roadies serves as a ad platform for HH karizma while this stuntmania will be for pulsar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks