Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2010, 19:12   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
I dont know if you guys know this but i have a helmet and a good one at that, i do wear it always but i dont carry it if i am just siting down in my building and when we decide to just go for a small round, i dont go and get it, it really doesnt make sense to do so, but if you do see me on a highway or any major road, outside marol, you can then tell me this. Also first gear wheelies cant really kill you, because you wont be over 20-25 kmph, and im sure i wont die then, and i had actually gone there to sit and just like that a few wheelies and burnouts started, and i have specificly not posted the pic because i know that what i did was wrong and do not support it.
Don't mean to offend you dude but worst can happen even on a short run or during a 1st gear wheelie. I still suggest you to protect yourself first rather than being sorry later. Wearing protective gear will save you only. Rest, everyone to his own.
Old 1st June 2010, 13:04   #167
BHPian

Quote:
I dont know if you guys know this but i have a helmet and a good one at that, i do wear it always but i dont carry it if i am just siting down in my building and when we decide to just go for a small round, i dont go and get it, it really doesnt make sense to do so, but if you do see me on a highway or any major road, outside marol, you can then tell me this. Also first gear wheelies cant really kill you, because you wont be over 20-25 kmph, and im sure i wont die then, and i had actually gone there to sit and just like that a few wheelies and burnouts started, and i have specificly not posted the pic because i know that what i did was wrong and do not support it.
@Abhay - Teambhp supports responsible riding/driving, all of us are just advising you to be carefull. Take care and ride safe.

Take a look at my P220, Got it on April 14, is shod with IRC.
Attached Thumbnails
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-p220-001.jpg  

Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-p220-002.jpg  

Last edited by mayurpalav : 1st June 2010 at 13:06. Reason: Adding another picture
Old 2nd June 2010, 02:09   #168
BHPian

Tonight something happened, i found something in my F which is, hmmmm, i dont know how to say it, its extremely serious, i really dont know how Bajaj could not tell us this important thing, this thing is of grave importance and for bajaj to miss this is something, i dont have words.
I will just tell what happened.
It started raining at around 12 : 20, and i went out at around 12 :40, rain had almost stopped but the roads were wet, so i thought i'll be careful. My streets have quite a few low places where water puddles, so that was fun.
Now the setting - Empty Long stretch of around 600 - 700 meters, road made of cemet, people in the sideline, almost as waiting for the 'Race' to start, so lets make the fans happy, so i pull the throttle, and , what just happened, 8k rpm and just 20 kmph? HOLY SH*T, WHAT DID I DO? Then it hit me, my tyres must be spinning and not able to catch grip.
Now you must be thinking, why blame Bajaj when he has Pirelli Sport Demons?
Well I'll Tell You - THEY HAVE PROVIDED ALOT MORE POWER THAN WHAT ANY TYRES CAN HANDLE
WOW i just loved it, the drifting, super amazing, cant wait till i get Joel's Custom Free Flow installed and then i will really burn the road.
Also something for everyone thinking, are really projectors worth the money - YES, YES, YES, A MILLION TIMES YES. Electricity was cut in my neighbouring place so it was completely dark with no cars or bikes driving, I could see everthing, when i turned on the Beam, i could see a dog biting his 'Backside', and the nearest dog was around 800 meters, so i think you can get the idea, now i will be getting xenon as fast as i can.

Joel if you read this - Best Of Luck for the Championship.
Old 10th August 2010, 03:15   #169
BHPian

Its here, its finally here, I cant believe its finally here!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc00066.jpg  

Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc00062.jpg  

Old 16th August 2010, 17:31   #170
BHPian

hey abhay the silencer looks great, lets hear the sound
Old 24th August 2010, 15:20   #171
BHPian

Yes it does look great and it will sound great coupled with one more modification.

I wanted help, me and a few of my friends will be going on to open roads to test the exhaust, with stock bikes, I wanted help as in how to properly test them.
Does anyone know how to mount a camera so as to see the Speedo?
I seriously need help in this as the only other way left would be to carry some one with me.
Old 2nd September 2010, 01:45   #172
BHPian

Today we finished the work, atleast fitting part, now the carb just needs to be tuned, will do it in the morning.
I rode it, not very hard but yes I rode it and boy was it great.

Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc00133.jpg
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc00134.jpg
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc00135.jpg

Note from mod : Team-BHP strictly discourages street racing. Please avoid endangering the lives of others on the roads. Post edited.

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th September 2010 at 12:25. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 2nd September 2010, 06:03   #173
BHPian

The sound of the exhaust sounds good while you are revving but not while idling.
Old 2nd September 2010, 22:33   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Clicked one pic today and did a fly by, will be doing a better pics n video session on sunday, till then the bike is in running in stage.
I don't really understand, what stops you from wearing a lid?

Sorry to say this but this is irresponsible on your part and we certainly would like you to ride till you live, however with basic gear atleast if not completely geared up.

Last month even Aditya was trying to tell you the same (just read his post on previous page) and I believe it fell on deaf years. We are telling you this for your own good and believe me you don't want to realize this the hard way.

BIKERS CRASH! Some Get back, Some Don't & Some Can't. With your riding you are very inviting trouble.

Anyways, enjoy your ride and hope the mods you have done live up to your expectations.

Regards,
Mantri G.

Last edited by mantrig : 2nd September 2010 at 22:46. Reason: Minor Edits
Old 3rd September 2010, 00:08   #175
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Your video doesn't appear to be one of your strolls in your locality,

Look, why do you think, people do ask you to wear safety gear(and not just a helmet)?

And it isn't called 'drift', you drift in a car, whereas you wheelspin in a Motorcycle & slide out of a corner(very hard in puny Indian Motorcycles, irrespective of whatever mods you do to it)

and to top it all, you street-race,
Old 3rd September 2010, 00:43   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
I don't really understand, what stops you from wearing a lid?

Sorry to say this but this is irresponsible on your part and we certainly would like you to ride till you live, however with basic gear atleast if not completely geared up.

Last month even Aditya was trying to tell you the same (just read his post on previous page) and I believe it fell on deaf years. We are telling you this for your own good and believe me you don't want to realize this the hard way.

BIKERS CRASH! Some Get back, Some Don't & Some Can't. With your riding you are very inviting trouble.

Anyways, enjoy your ride and hope the mods you have done live up to your expectations.

Regards,
Mantri G.
Thank you for your concern and yes, I wasn't wearing a lid, after this I did after I went for a ride, a actual one, this was just something that I did in stupidness, the next set of pictures will be with my full riding gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Your video doesn't appear to be one of your strolls in your locality,

Look, why do you think, people do ask you to wear safety gear(and not just a helmet)?

And it isn't called 'drift', you drift in a car, whereas you wheelspin in a Motorcycle & slide out of a corner(very hard in puny Indian Motorcycles, irrespective of whatever mods you do to it)

and to top it all, you street-race,
You can drift in any rear wheel drive vehicle, there are actually many videos up on youtube showing you how to, and if you really think that on wet cemented roads and 21 bhp bike cant loose traction then I really dont know what to say.
Also again sorry for posting that stupid vid, but currently that is all that I have.

Edit - Found the video by Bernd Hiemer -

Last edited by abhayshanu : 3rd September 2010 at 00:46.
Old 3rd September 2010, 08:40   #177
Team-BHP Support

The video which you have posted is indeed 'drifting', but what you mentioned is wheel-spin.

Drifting a Motorcycle occurs in a corner where too much power goes to rear(making it slide) & you are counter-steering(opposite way).
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:21   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The video which you have posted is indeed 'drifting', but what you mentioned is wheel-spin.

Drifting a Motorcycle occurs in a corner where too much power goes to rear(making it slide) & you are counter-steering(opposite way).
That is exactly what had happend, the rear wheel lost traction and I had to countersteer to balance myself.
Anyways, lets leave that be, it happened over 3 months ago.
Old 11th September 2010, 20:26   #179
Senior - BHPian

What n00bness!

Who speeds that much without a lid. The same the case with your friends. There were people walking on that road, traffic coming on... and this is equivalent to street racing. Add to that, you were discussing about drags; I am very sure you do it in similar environments with no helmets on.

Disgraceful behavior on your part. Biking is not about high speed, drags and drifts.

Please learn how to ride responsibly.

As far as the impracticality of riding without a helmet is concerned; I remember when i was in college, I used to wear my helmet for a 100m ride from the hostel to the class. Now this was inside a 170 acre campus with almost no vehicular traffic and 75m roads.

Please, riding without gear and street racing are done by wannabes and not responsible drivers.

I would again exhort you to not ride even 50m without your lid, whatever be the speed.
Old 4th November 2010, 23:27   #180
BHPian

Posting of this thread after a long time.
The bike has now completed over 10.5k kms, anyone owned or know how an Alfa Romeo owner feels, should understand how I feel.

Updates - Engine De-Carbonized and Flushed
Engine Oil changed
Rear Sprocket to be changed
Coneset to be replaced

Recently went on an xbhp ride to amby valley, had great fun, will attach a few pics, many more are still to come, the actual lean pics are still missing (with a member who has gone to his hometown for diwali)

At the Kumar Resort/RK Junction
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-1.jpg
Three Demons
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-2.jpg
P220 M
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-3.jpg
Clever Cam Mount
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc03311x.jpg
Everone trying to get their pic in a formation
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc03330x.jpg
From the rear
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc03332x.jpg
Again
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc03334x.jpg
Check the R15 rider getting off his seat for a proper lean
That's Mayur Prajapati aka Maypraja(xbhp id)

Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc03336x.jpg
Everyone taking on the corners
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc03340x.jpg
This shows almost all leans, from straight entering to the almost straight exit
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc03343x.jpg
Again an formation pic, but this seems to capture almost everyone
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc03345.jpg
Finally atop
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc03359x.jpg
Mr Gsferrari arrives with the daddy of all bikes, MT01
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc03372x.jpg
A pic of just the bike, if we can call it that
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc03389x.jpg
Everyone, including Gsferrari
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc03390x.jpg
You know where this is
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc03400x.jpg
The corner we decided to conquer and take our pics on
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc03404x.jpg
Swapnil Jadhav aka Motorbreath(xbhp id) trying the corner on for size on my P220 M
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-dsc03405x.jpg
Me taking on the corner, this is just the entry on my first try
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M-img_0197x.jpg

Last edited by abhayshanu : 4th November 2010 at 23:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks