Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 11:30   #91
Senior - BHPian

@parimal

i was looking forMichelin Tyres ,can you help on these ..i don't need M45
Old 20th January 2010, 13:34   #92
BHPian

Which michelin would be good and what size?
Old 20th January 2010, 15:14   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
You are missing in the logic part.

All the Pulsars are short stroke high revving engines. While the Zma has a decades old 'not that high revving' engine which sure is more smooth and might last longer.

And Build Quality of the Zma. Gimme a break,Sir. The cycle parts like the chassis,alloys, etc are of top quality but the fibre plastics suck. The rear panels give way within a few thousand kms of riding. Also, the two rear bulbs compete with each other, upto which of those would blow the fuse first and almost every service you end up replacing a bulb. Another persistent problem with the Zma is the restting of the trip-meter and clock whilst starting the bike.

If true blue performance is what you are looking for , i wont go for the Zma.

Well, amongst the RTR and P220, i would choose the 220 for now. The carb issues prevailing in the first batch of 220 DTS-i's is sorted out.

well said

RTR is a good bike to compete with 180 rather than 220 in terms of power ..

But RTR none the less is a good bike
Old 20th January 2010, 15:30   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
@parimal

i was looking forMichelin Tyres ,can you help on these ..i don't need M45
Hi,

Which bike you are having .
Which size you want .?
Old 20th January 2010, 16:46   #95
Senior - BHPian

@ parimal

bike i still have to buy

but i need 17inch

80/90 or 90/90 front

120/70 or 130/70 rear

Last edited by chiragh_bir : 20th January 2010 at 16:48.
Old 20th January 2010, 20:33   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I am compairing it to my Pulsar 180 which at 90 is worse as far as vibes are concerned. They are almost same rpm levels in 5th and the added refinement of the Yamaha makes it better to ride. Besides the FZ 16 is around 15-20 kgs lighter than any other 150 cc around which effects the power to weight ratio positively.
And if you proofread my post again, I said it can match a 180cc rider if he isnt careful.

Lets leave the R15 out of this. That bike is in a different league altogther, even price wise. I havent ridden the RTR but it has to very special to match FZ 16 let alone better it.

I have zilch experience with RTR so yes may be.
A better way to check is speed at 4th gear (since 5th as an overdrive grear wont be of much use).

On the weight issue:
FZ pumps out 14 bhp and weights 126 Kg, and hence your power to weight ratio is 111 BHP / Tonne
RTR pumps out 15.2 bhp and weights 136 kg and hence your power to weight ratio is 111 BHP / Tonne (same as FZ)
P180 (new) pumps out 17 bhp and weights 147 kg and hence your power to weight ratio is 114 BHP / Tonne (Better than RTR and FZ)

My point is vibrations or not - Performance is Performance
And when it comes to true blood perfromance the FZ has little to say.
Agreed, its a better allround product - better internals, better marketed and has a better image - but as a true blood perfromance enthusiast, i am not worried on other fronts.

Just hop on to an RTR 160, and shift gears at 8000 RPM - you ll know what i mean by performance in 150CC (should we call that 160CC?)

You ll have vibrations aplenty, but you wount be let down on perfromance
Old 21st January 2010, 11:56   #97
BHPian

I am leaving to book the RTR, i really really need to know a model of tyre and the size that would fit the 17" rims.
Old 21st January 2010, 12:40   #98
BHPian

Hi Micheline has 120 * 17 but need to check if enough gap remains between the swing arm.
And about front need to check with the dealer.
Old 21st January 2010, 14:06   #99
BHPian

BHP will only come into consideration for top end speed.
For acceleration, it is torque that matters.
What is the torque for these machines at at what RPM does it peak.
Old 21st January 2010, 16:13   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
I am leaving to book the RTR, i really really need to know a model of tyre and the size that would fit the 17" rims.

rtr can eaisly take upto 120 mm tyre

prefered size should be 120/70 R17
Old 21st January 2010, 16:35   #101
BHPian

Hi Abhay/Chiragh,

The Micheline has following mode which is tube type ,but Micheline says can be used as tubeless 120/90 17 Sirac .

Can you check on this E mai ID : gaurav.lal@in.michelin.com or you can call
Mr. Nitin Saxena at 09820841794 he is a account manager for Mumbai am sure you will get information for him.
Old 22nd January 2010, 00:27   #102
BHPian

I had left from my house to get the RTR, go with my dad to pickup my chacha, then head over to Loyal Motors TVS, at amboli phatak, reach to find half the shop sold off, half working with only two people inside not interested in selling a bike.
He says that this branch doesnt stock bikes and wont be selling, so it is best to go to their other branch at goregaon.
So we three with my mom now, head to oshiwara depot.
We reach there, there are a few scooties and a RTR standing there and all four are impressed with its looks, and two die hard pulsar fans are now agreeing with the TVS lover that, yes the RTR is damn awesome.
So we head in, there is just 1 lady who came in as we opened the door for ourselves, we get straight to the point, a RTR 180, tell us the cost and the days required.
She tells its 74xxx and if you pay in full cash you can get delivery fast and if you make in check then alot of time as our manager has gone to vaishnu devi and the check cant be cleared till he returns.
Ok, we dont mind waiting, but what is the difference.
If you pay in cash NOW then you will get within 1 week else minimum 3 weeks.
Ok, if we make some CASH payment now and rest only after inspecting the bik..
You dont trust me sir? i wont run away with your money
But we never said that you would, we just want to make sure we get a good bike and not a lemo.......
But sir i am here, Loyal has all my addresses, phone no., village address everything, so why will i run away?
But it isnt about you(all this was me and her)
Chacha says that we should leave, she doesnt understand anything and doesnt want to sell the bike, so we get up to leave and she says ok, then walks out of the showroom before we have even reached the door.
Now i am very disappointed in TVS, chacha says it again, lets go and buy a pulsar, and mom and dad resonate, at this point i am too disappointed and feeling dejected that i say, what the hell, i am getting a bigger engine, projector headlamps and a top speed of 145 kmph.
So now we head to malad to some Sub dealer of Bajaj which we thought was a autorised one, he says that sai service is still open and selling bajaj, which my chacha was informed that it wasnt, so now we head back to sai service in andheri, reach there and chacha friend comes and appologizes as he thought my chacha was asking if service is done and he had replied no.
Anyway we go up, i see the bike and oddly i really really like it, no i love it, the things i had thought about its looks, how bad it looks were no longer in my mind and i too am ready for the 220, so we make the deal and all and the On Road is 82569 with free teflon coating and a helmet and a fuel lock.
So a check is given and Black Pulsar 220 DTSi is suppose to come within 8 days in my hands after registration as it is already in stock.
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:17   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Ok, if we make some CASH payment now and rest only after inspecting the bik..
You dont trust me sir? i wont run away with your money
But we never said that you would, we just want to make sure we get a good bike and not a lemo.......
But sir i am here, Loyal has all my addresses, phone no., village address everything, so why will i run away?
But it isnt about you(all this was me and her)
You guys should have told the wannabe miss India, that she should give you the bike and you would pay later. What you do not trust us, we have a house in Mumbai, we work here.. we wonuld not just run away with the bike, would we ?
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:23   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
You guys should have told the wannabe miss India, that she should give you the bike and you would pay later. What you do not trust us, we have a house in Mumbai, we work here.. we wonuld not just run away with the bike, would we ?
lol, i would have, but dad was kind of in a hurry and the place was HOT, not like a girl hot but a desert hot, no A/C, no fan even the doors closed so we left soon.
Now the wait is on, more 7 days to go
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:27   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Hi Abhay/Chiragh,

The Micheline has following mode which is tube type ,but Micheline says can be used as tubeless 120/90 17 Sirac .

Can you check on this E mai ID : gaurav.lal@in.michelin.com or you can call
Mr. Nitin Saxena at 09820841794 he is a account manager for Mumbai am sure you will get information for him.
thanks for the effort

but SIRAC is a dual purpose tyres and i don't need those ..

Am thinking to buy Michelin Pilot Sporty which costs 8k roughly for front and rear

80/90 R17 & 130/70 R17

Tyres are feather light and will actually reduce the weight of the over all bike and huge huge improvemnent in handeling and braking !!

Most Viewed