Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 13:15   #61
BHPian

Guys, now as my B day approaches, i had decided to go to TVS and book a RTR, but now bajaj has launched its new 220, without the fairing which i hated with the power i loved, now i am truly confused.
To go with my heart and get the RTR or just spend a few thousands more and get a bigger faster bike.
:(
Old 18th January 2010, 14:00   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Guys, now as my B day approaches, i had decided to go to TVS and book a RTR, but now bajaj has launched its new 220, without the fairing which i hated with the power i loved, now i am truly confused.
To go with my heart and get the RTR or just spend a few thousands more and get a bigger faster bike.
I have extensivley ridden P-150,180 and 220 to some extent. Also driven RTR 160, 180 fairly.

I should say, if you are a perfromance freak, look no further than the RTR 180. It may not have the top end of your 220 or the big bike feel or even the styling and looks of the 220.
But Its a mad mad madly accelerating bike.Yes, It gives you vibrations, its gives you small niggles now and then - but the sheer pleasure it gives when you rip the bike is heavenly. Jusy leaps out of every signal like a person given shock treatment
Old 18th January 2010, 15:33   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
heyy!!
just caught up with this thread.. wished to give you some of my experience... ive been using my friends 2 month old p220 for about 2 weeks now and trust me, that bike can give u both heaven and hell...

why heaven??
because the performance is amazing!! the way in which it reaches a 100 is unbelievable and the stability at high speeds is also quite good... plus this guy had some minor mods on his bike (k&n filter, iridium spark plug..) which made it even better.. the exhaust note is addictive..

and why hell??
because the bike is barely 2 months old and neither me, or my friend are rash riders, but still the bike had faced some major problems.. the had been some issues with the carb when my friend was using it and by the time he had given it to me, the bike never came to nuetral position.. the neutral sign would come up, but once you rev it, the bike starts moving....

and keep in mind this bike is barely 2 months old...

although i dont have much knowledge about apaches, i recommend you to stick with your decision.. it will pay off eventually..
Cheers!!
Old 18th January 2010, 15:40   #64
BHPian

Pulsar is a performance bike. Calculation goes like this. More performance, more wear and tear, less life span. If you want a balanced vehicle, HH Karizma is the best. Build quality is incomparable with any other vehicles.

RTR is a value for money bike. Good bike.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 18th January 2010 at 15:42.
Old 18th January 2010, 15:45   #65
BHPian

Hmm.....
People keep on saying to me that i am over 6 feet so the RTR would be small for you and the 220 would suit you much more.
Also where is the service center for TVS, near andheri, when i had enquired to Loyal TVS in andheri they said its in goregaon, but where?

@yogeshnaik - i really really dont like karizma, dont know why but dont, so that is out of option

Last edited by abhayshanu : 18th January 2010 at 15:49.
Old 18th January 2010, 15:47   #66
BHPian

well if you are looking for ride comfort, the 220 isnt too shabby. im about 6'3 myself and i found the seat comfort satisfactory for city use..
Old 18th January 2010, 16:02   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
Pulsar is a performance bike. Calculation goes like this. More performance, more wear and tear, less life span. If you want a balanced vehicle, HH Karizma is the best. Build quality is incomparable with any other vehicles.

RTR is a value for money bike. Good bike.
You are missing in the logic part.

All the Pulsars are short stroke high revving engines. While the Zma has a decades old 'not that high revving' engine which sure is more smooth and might last longer.

And Build Quality of the Zma. Gimme a break,Sir. The cycle parts like the chassis,alloys, etc are of top quality but the fibre plastics suck. The rear panels give way within a few thousand kms of riding. Also, the two rear bulbs compete with each other, upto which of those would blow the fuse first and almost every service you end up replacing a bulb. Another persistent problem with the Zma is the restting of the trip-meter and clock whilst starting the bike.

If true blue performance is what you are looking for , i wont go for the Zma.

Well, amongst the RTR and P220, i would choose the 220 for now. The carb issues prevailing in the first batch of 220 DTS-i's is sorted out.
Old 18th January 2010, 16:05   #68
BHPian

RTR 180!! TVS is the only bike manufacturer that has been on the racing circuit for ages ant the only indian manufacturer to use that experience gained on the race track in the design of their bikes. Bajajs have poor engineering and zero track experience. The RTR is way way better than a pulsar anyday.
Old 18th January 2010, 16:12   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
RTR 180!! TVS is the only bike manufacturer that has been on the racing circuit for ages ant the only indian manufacturer to use that experience gained on the race track in the design of their bikes. Bajajs have poor engineering and zero track experience. The RTR is way way better than a pulsar anyday.
Highly subjective, i would say.

The OP is probably going to ride the bike on the streets and highways and not on race tracks.

BTW, if you want a perfect track tool, look at none other than the R15.
Old 18th January 2010, 16:17   #70
BHPian

yup but the OP is not looking for a commuter/city ride or a perfect track tool. Im guessing hes looking at somethin in between. its a fast well built bike thats not going to fall apart a couple of years down the line as is the case with pulsars, at least what iv observed. An it handles way better than a pulsar 220. Now thats not subjective.
Old 18th January 2010, 16:28   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
yup but the OP is not looking for a commuter/city ride or a perfect track tool. Im guessing hes looking at somethin in between. its a fast well built bike thats not going to fall apart a couple of years down the line as is the case with pulsars, at least what iv observed. An it handles way better than a pulsar 220. Now thats not subjective.
When it's between a Pulsar and an RTR, there's not much you can write about wrt things falling apart in a couple of years.

I can give you umpteen instances where quality lapses have shown up in the RTR too. For one, a brand new white RTR 180 owner was running to the SVC for the 3rd time (Yes, thats 3) for replacing his speedo for the 3rd time. Why? Because the RPM needle broke

And Yes, within the city it handles better than the Pulsar thanks to its short wheelbase. When it comes to highways, the Pulsar rules with excellent straight line stability.
Old 18th January 2010, 17:17   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
I can give you umpteen instances where quality lapses have shown up in the RTR too. For one, a brand new white RTR 180 owner was running to the SVC for the 3rd time (Yes, thats 3) for replacing his speedo for the 3rd time. Why? Because the RPM needle broke

And Yes, within the city it handles better than the Pulsar thanks to its short wheelbase. When it comes to highways, the Pulsar rules with excellent straight line stability.
lol! ok get your point, just that id choose the RTR over a pulsar.
Old 18th January 2010, 18:52   #73
BHPian

The bike would be used 100% in city except sometimes going 10 kms out of bombay, that is it, all highway driving will be in city.
Also where is the nearest service center, can anyone tell me.
Old 18th January 2010, 22:19   #74
Team-BHP Support

@abhay-- as you would be someone new to motorcycles, i would suggest you to have a look at Yamaha FZ/Fazer series,
peace of mind and very easy on nerves, won't surprise or scare you, which the RTR 180, P-220 can very well can, they both(also the R15) will appeal to a seasoned rider but for some who is learning the tricks, she(FZ) is a joy,
I have had flings with almost all motorcycles and IMHO FZ may just be that motorcycle.

in case you want to know something more we would be glad to hear from you
Old 18th January 2010, 22:49   #75
Senior - BHPian

The FZ, Excellent handling and brakes, and shattering looks. Nothing else special about it. Just a 150cc motor which is quite a guzzler. And yeah, the initial cost is also high compared to its competitors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks