Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2010, 21:46   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
The bike had been lying unused until last week as I was out of town, but this year I have decided to be less lazy and use it more.

The Menace will be 6 months old this 14th, the Odo has crossed 600 kms now and should increase exponentially now(fingers crossed). And its time for the next service (though I am too embarassed to face the guys at Tristar).

So I began this week by taking the bike to office.

The interesting thing is, I have started looking forward to dense traffic cos it gives me a chance to take a detour from the main road and look for new roads. Yesterday, I was about a couple of kms from home (max) and I see traffic moving slowly. I shake my head, grin and take a 7 km detour to reach home. I would have reached home much faster had I taken the traffic filled route but I just couldnt

I have started enjoying the diesel smoke, the dust, the morons on TVS XT's trying to race with me.

Thank you guys, for kicking me into action. I am loving it.
Happy new year mate!! Lets hope this year sees the Menace doing more miles and getting to the indicated number for Kms for its Service

I used to take a detour every time possible with my previous RTR. I just did not want to stop riding it. Goes to show the riding pleasure it gives during city rides.
Old 13th January 2010, 01:47   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Happy new year mate!! Lets hope this year sees the Menace doing more miles and getting to the indicated number for Kms for its Service

I used to take a detour every time possible with my previous RTR. I just did not want to stop riding it. Goes to show the riding pleasure it gives during city rides.
Thanks abhinav and wish the same for you. Yeah, I am hoping to complete atleast a 100 more until I get the bike serviced this weekend

I agree man, this bike is really getting me hooked. I have discovered a couple of roads I never knew existed before
Old 13th January 2010, 01:56   #138
Senior - BHPian

Great way to kick start the year sammyboy, have a great one!

Glad to know your horses are still alive

Keep riding!

Last edited by anekho : 13th January 2010 at 01:57.
Old 13th January 2010, 02:03   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Great way to kick start the year sammyboy, have a great one!

Glad to know your horses are still alive

Keep riding!
hee hee thanks bro, u have a good one too.
Plan to complete the elusive 1k kms by end of the month, hopefully
Old 13th January 2010, 11:05   #140
BHPian

600km in 6months, now that could be a new record.
Talking about detour, my home-office is 4.5km's but many times I end up riding for ~20km's to reach home.

I'm hoping to be in Bangalore for a couple of days in very near future. Can surely help you in doubling the odo figure that time.
Old 13th January 2010, 12:54   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav75 View Post
Oh no! You might miss out on the slowest to 1k record if you keep doing this sammy!
seriously, good that you have been enjoying riding the bike more in the new year.
Old 13th January 2010, 14:38   #142
Senior - BHPian

Wow really happy to see this update from you & I hop[e you continue riding from now on
Old 13th January 2010, 16:37   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav75 View Post
Talking about detour, my home-office is 4.5km's but many times I end up riding for ~20km's to reach home.

I'm hoping to be in Bangalore for a couple of days in very near future. Can surely help you in doubling the odo figure that time.
ha ha, I think I wont be able to make the record now. Do let me know if you get time when u are in Bangalore. Will catch up if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
Oh no! You might miss out on the slowest to 1k record if you keep doing this sammy!
seriously, good that you have been enjoying riding the bike more in the new year.
Thanks Abhay, yeah the riding bug is back and biting me hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Wow really happy to see this update from you & I hop[e you continue riding from now on
Thanks Techno. Yeah, no looking back this time
Old 13th January 2010, 22:21   #144
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the awesome motorcycle and truly special color,
IMHO if you do take her for a sunday stroll of atleast~150kms, she should be running all fine and will thank you for this,
the more the merrier
Old 13th January 2010, 23:17   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Congrats on the awesome motorcycle and truly special color,
IMHO if you do take her for a sunday stroll of atleast~150kms, she should be running all fine and will thank you for this,
the more the merrier
Thanks Sheel. I would love to do something like that. Lets see if I can, this weekend.
Old 16th March 2010, 08:25   #146
BHPian

Took Delivery Of RTR 180 in white yesterday . And Its Awesome.
Attached Thumbnails
Sammyboy's Menace - Apache RTR 180. Update : Now Sold-dsc00005.jpg  

Old 1st April 2010, 00:26   #147
Senior - BHPian

Okay ppl, been a while since i posted anything new. Not much has been happening on the riding front for a while, riding has been reduced to a few kms a week thanks to shopping trips, bad health and horribly humid weather for some time.
Now things are looking up, the weather is good, am doing well and the bike is close to 935kms. A few kms more and the 1k is up. I did go upto the 85 kmph mark a couple of times and it feels really awesome. Once 5k rpm is crossed, the bike starts feeling like a different animal but alas, stil havent unleashed it completely yet.

This long weekend I pledge to cross the elusive 1k mark and then see what it does with the throttle wrung till the max. If anyone is going on a long ride this long weekend in blr let me know, would love to join.

Last edited by sammyboy : 1st April 2010 at 00:29.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:56   #148
Senior - BHPian

LOL I hope this is not a First April Statement

All the best for your riding plans
Old 1st April 2010, 13:04   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
LOL I hope this is not a First April Statement

All the best for your riding plans
Ha ha, actually it struck me after I wrote it that it could easily be considered one, but it not

This weekend it HAS to complete 1k. By the way, have heard that the tyres are really crappy in even slightly wet conditions. Is this true? I havent really tested the cornering/leaning ability of the bike properly but if its so then I wouldnt really try too hard either.
Old 1st April 2010, 13:08   #150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Ha ha, actually it struck me after I wrote it that it could easily be considered one, but it not
Psst! Hope the white beauty doesn't know about it,

Quote:
This weekend it HAS to complete 1k. By the way, have heard that the tyres are really crappy in even slightly wet conditions. Is this true? I havent really tested the cornering/leaning ability of the bike properly but if its so then I wouldnt really try too hard either.
They aren't really that good but as they are fairly new, they should be holding up pretty well and i don't think it should be a cause for concern,
look at the other way around,
i go crazy sliding the motorcycle and the motorcycle makes me go crazy by fish-tailing

Most Viewed