Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2010, 01:39   #196
BHPian

Well, well, well.......Sammyboy finally hits the 1k+ mark. LOL!! It's good to see that you want to ride far again on a weekend. Has the first service completed? I'm in for this ride as long as it doesn't rain (yes, my constant rant ) You will have to get up early for this. Are you up for it? Hehehe.. Lets see how many will come for this. What will be the destination?

@Abhinav-Can you make it to this ride?
Old 1st September 2010, 12:40   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdna View Post
Well, well, well.......Sammyboy finally hits the 1k+ mark. LOL!! It's good to see that you want to ride far again on a weekend. Has the first service completed? I'm in for this ride as long as it doesn't rain (yes, my constant rant ) You will have to get up early for this. Are you up for it? Hehehe.. Lets see how many will come for this. What will be the destination?

heh heh dude just crossed the 1600 mark now . Rain is something we will have to think about, dont really have any rain gear yet so it will surely hamper plans. Lets hope the Biking Gods favor us
Destination would most prob be the one which aditya has mentioned in the previous post.
Old 1st September 2010, 12:59   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sunday early morning ride on 12th, count me in too. Am game for this ride. After a long time of Sms'ing with Sunil we will get to meet on this ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
heh heh dude just crossed the 1600 mark now . Rain is something we will have to think about, dont really have any rain gear yet so it will surely hamper plans. Lets hope the Biking Gods favor us
Destination would most prob be the one which aditya has mentioned in the previous post.
It would be early morning Sammy... So more than rain gods/biking gods the "waking up" gods should favor us. I too am a late riser but if its for a trip in a bike or car i am always game to get up early.
Old 1st September 2010, 14:17   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
more than rain gods/biking gods the "waking up" gods should favor us. I too am a late riser but if its for a trip in a bike or car i am always game to get up early.
LOL. How true. I hardly sleep the night before the ride.

So lets make this happen. I shall check the weather report (my trusted site has not let me down so far) and will post the forecast a couple of days prior to the ride.
Old 1st September 2010, 14:55   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
It would be early morning Sammy... So more than rain gods/biking gods the "waking up" gods should favor us. I too am a late riser but if its for a trip in a bike or car i am always game to get up early.
You can say that again, , driving/riding is the only thing that motivates me enough to get up early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
LOL. How true. I hardly sleep the night before the ride.

So lets make this happen. I shall check the weather report (my trusted site has not let me down so far) and will post the forecast a couple of days prior to the ride.
Perfect. I hope the sunday is a pleasant one, else we should have a backup plan--maybe a small meet if it is raining cats and dogs.

Old 1st September 2010, 15:42   #201
BHPian

Woohoo!! Good to see people joining in! Looking for our weather man's update on this
Old 1st September 2010, 16:25   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Perfect. I hope the sunday is a pleasant one, else we should have a backup plan--maybe a small meet if it is raining cats and dogs.
+1. A meet also sounds good if we dont end up riding.

Quote:
Woohoo!! Good to see people joining in! Looking for our weather man's update on this
Here are the links to the weather site in order of preference and accuracy.

1. Weather Report for Bangalore, India

2. Bangalore, India 9 Day Weather Forecast - Weather-Forecast.com
Old 1st September 2010, 17:12   #203
Senior - BHPian

Awesome so here is the current list of riders :

n_aditya
abhinav.s
rdna
sammyboy
sriram.iyer - To confirm
amarprusty - To confirm
nkrishnap - To confirm

I guess we should also move this to the meet section so if anyone else wants to join they can.
Also incase it turns out to be a rainy day, suggestions required for a place we can have a small meet.
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:48   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this ride planned for this weekend? i.e 5th.

I might not be able to make it.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 2nd September 2010 at 11:05.
Old 2nd September 2010, 12:25   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Is this ride planned for this weekend? i.e 5th.

I might not be able to make it.
Sorry, I should have mentioned the date. It is planned for the 12th of September.
Old 2nd September 2010, 15:14   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I should have mentioned the date. It is planned for the 12th of September.
Ok cool. Another request. Can I get my better half for the ride as well?
Old 2nd September 2010, 15:17   #207
BHPian

Awesome Bike Meet

Quote:
Hey Amar, loong time really bro The Bullet is the perfect fit for you, really cant imagine you riding anything else , well the Harley maybe . Lets catch up sometime man, been a loong time.
Edit: Dude, if you have it on the weekend why not plan the ride on Sunday (12th Sept)? Will be fun.

Well that means that I can try to catch up at Indiranagar on Friday, if I have an off.

Sunday is fine for me, I am in. Guys please confirm. Look forward to my first long ride in years
Aditya - Will call you and plan.
Indeed Samarth,looking forward to meet you after long time.

Collecting the RE on Saturday 11th September evening 5pm and returning it Monday morning 10AM.

It will be an awesome trip with neat bikes around.
Old 2nd September 2010, 18:17   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure, I dont see a problem with that. My wife would have loved to join too unfortunately she will be out of town that weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
Indeed Samarth,looking forward to meet you after long time.

Collecting the RE on Saturday 11th September evening 5pm and returning it Monday morning 10AM.

It will be an awesome trip with neat bikes around.
Sure thing man, should be a lot of fun
Old 2nd September 2010, 19:04   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Sure, I dont see a problem with that.
Good! Thanks for posting the question Krishna. Was about to ask the same myself. Will get my wife along as well.
Old 12th September 2010, 20:11   #210
Senior - BHPian

I slept last night cursing the rain that went on till 2am. I still got up at 5:30 am hoping that the sky would be clear and yes it was :P . SMSed Aditya who also slept late and decided to carry on with the ride at 8am. I reached the silk board flyover at 8:15 (hoping no one had left without me) but was happy to see 2 guys on a Ninja and a bullet 500 waiting. Waited for a short while and Aditya joined us with another guy who was on a Karizma ZMR.

The ride was ON.

Aditya briefed the group with the rules to be followed while riding and they were spot on. Thanks to that, my first ride was awesome.

I ended up adding 225kms to my ODO ..hee hee take that you non believers.

The Apache really amazed me with the kind of power it has. After 5.5K RPM it really morphs into a different beast, its smooth and its powerful and a lot of fun.

I made a mistake of not having a proper riding jacket and carrying a bag with me, which did make life a little difficult at high speeds. But I always maintained speeds I could handle and the other guys were always around taking care of the newbie so that he is not left behind Thanks guys, appreciate it.

The Ninja really showed why it is an Iconic bike. All you hear is a wheeee (like a turbo) and the bike is gone. Its incredible. It pulls like a locomotive and just takes off.

My hands were tingling by the time the ride ended, my neck felt it would break, my back felt that I had a big weight on it but this was one of the most fun times I could have ever had on the ride.

BTW my last 300+ km ride happened in 1997, on a Splendor.

Last edited by sammyboy : 12th September 2010 at 20:14.

Most Viewed