Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 21:05   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Great Colour and cool matching lid ! Congrats , ride safe.
Thanks niks. I was lucky to get a matching helmet in the first shop I went to.
This was a day before I got my hands on the bike
Old 13th August 2009, 11:59   #47
BHPian

Hey sam!! Congrats!! she is a beauty in white. Even i have the same version of the story. Financial crunch stopped me for an year, but now I am planning to get one.

History started of with Splendor(the old grandpa), CBZ (old version, the best of the best), TVS Fierro (less power), Pulsar 180 (bought during initial launch, amazing power as compared to the 150 segment), Karizma (jet set go, nice one).

Now, am planning to go for a RTR 180 as heard from a lot, this one is a true racing bike with power. Is this true?

Once again congrats and drive safe.
Old 13th August 2009, 14:47   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
Hey sam!! Congrats!! she is a beauty in white. Even i have the same version of the story. Financial crunch stopped me for an year, but now I am planning to get one.

History started of with Splendor(the old grandpa), CBZ (old version, the best of the best), TVS Fierro (less power), Pulsar 180 (bought during initial launch, amazing power as compared to the 150 segment), Karizma (jet set go, nice one).

Now, am planning to go for a RTR 180 as heard from a lot, this one is a true racing bike with power. Is this true?

Once again congrats and drive safe.
Thanks Funkydude, you have gone thorough quite a few bikes must say.
Looks like we have really travelled on the same boat.
Apart from the financial crunch, my first proper bike was a splendor in 96. Used to have a Hero Puch before that 89 onwards

The RTR does have a good amount of power, though with running in a distant dream, i still have to check that claim out.

Update :
Gave the bike for the first service today. Guy was smiling at 100 odd kms on the Odo. "What Saar only so much "
He said he wont change the oil now, wil do the basic check up and wash and return the bike.
Asked me to come for the oil change when i cross 500 kms.
Old 13th August 2009, 15:04   #49
Senior - BHPian

Sammy Insist on getting the oil changed, its actually recommended to change oil in first 100 kms. He will say that its not needed but be firm & get it changed.
Old 13th August 2009, 16:10   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Sammy Insist on getting the oil changed, its actually recommended to change oil in first 100 kms. He will say that its not needed but be firm & get it changed.
Thanks for letting me know Techno. I will get that done asap.
Old 13th August 2009, 16:17   #51
Senior - BHPian

No Problemo Next change could be done at the regular mentioned intervals.

But then again, if your usage is really less(as it is now), it might be a better idea to change oil more frequently but we can decide on this as time goes by
Old 13th August 2009, 16:42   #52
BHPian

Hey Sam, Keep posting your day to day experience and anything new you might have come over with this beauty. Am planning to get her in October 1st week. Till then would grab as much info possible.

BTW, did anyone TD the new yamaha fazer or R15. Do these stand in comparison to the RTR 180?
Old 13th August 2009, 21:26   #53
Senior - BHPian

Hi sam,

The bike looks much better than i thought of, maybe the magic of white color. Saw one in yellow didnt like it.
Am planning to get a P220 or FZS by dec, RTR180 was out of my contentions but now i will consider this bike too, hope the performance is good enough as i will get to drive just 8-10 kms a day and when i do that its performance biking with bike revved to the max

I read in a paper than RTR has a top speed calculator and a 0-60 accl timing counter. Is it correct?
Old 14th August 2009, 01:42   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Hi sam,

The bike looks much better than i thought of, maybe the magic of white color. Saw one in yellow didnt like it.
I read in a paper than RTR has a top speed calculator and a 0-60 accl timing counter. Is it correct?
Thanks coolboy Yeah yellow is a color even I didnt like in the 180.
The RTR does save the fastest speed achieved and the best 0-60 timing.
Will take some pics of the speedo with the two functions and post if for you if you want.
Old 14th August 2009, 02:31   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Thanks coolboy Yeah yellow is a color even I didnt like in the 180.
The RTR does save the fastest speed achieved and the best 0-60 timing.
Will take some pics of the speedo with the two functions and post if for you if you want.
One thing i forgot to tell you, take that menace out man, you are just keeping it at home

Yeah i would love to have a snap of those 2 functions, i think thats the 1st in any bike till now and really a good racing bike feature.
Awaiting the pic.
Old 14th August 2009, 09:59   #56
BHPian

Am in the same situation. Looking for a bike by Diwali or latest by Christmas. My heart was set on the FZ16 but I must say that the Apache RTR 180 deserves a second look. I will be going to a showroom soon.
Hope we have some good offers on TVS and YAmaha for Diwali.
Old 14th August 2009, 13:16   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Problemo Next change could be done at the regular mentioned intervals.

But then again, if your usage is really less(as it is now), it might be a better idea to change oil more frequently but we can decide on this as time goes by
Hey Techno, got late while going to the service station so coulnt get the oil changed. Should I do a DIY oil change or take it to the station maybe during the weekend to get it done. I didnt wanna call them and ask them to change the oil as wasnt sure if they would actually do it or not, cos I wouldnt know the difference even if I checked as the color would be like new.

Do I need to change the oil more frequently because of low usage? I thought it would be the other way round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
Hey Sam, Keep posting your day to day experience and anything new you might have come over with this beauty. Am planning to get her in October 1st week. Till then would grab as much info possible.

BTW, did anyone TD the new yamaha fazer or R15. Do these stand in comparison to the RTR 180?
Sure will do that bro. I would think the R15 is in a different class, as the power is delivered more at higher RPM's but havent ridden it so cant say. Maybe Sriram can answer the question.
FZ is a great bike too, I guess as traffic friendly as the RTR if not more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
Am in the same situation. Looking for a bike by Diwali or latest by Christmas. My heart was set on the FZ16 but I must say that the Apache RTR 180 deserves a second look. I will be going to a showroom soon.
Hope we have some good offers on TVS and YAmaha for Diwali.
All the best Seeler, though I would kick myself if the prices are lower for Diwali
Do take a TD of both the bikes and share the report with all of us too.

Last edited by sammyboy : 14th August 2009 at 13:18.
Old 14th August 2009, 13:40   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey Techno, got late while going to the service station so coulnt get the oil changed. Should I do a DIY oil change or take it to the station maybe during the weekend to get it done. I didnt wanna call them and ask them to change the oil as wasnt sure if they would actually do it or not, cos I wouldnt know the difference even if I checked as the color would be like new.

Do I need to change the oil more frequently because of low usage? I thought it would be the other way round.
Get it changed, if you can DIY then great else go to TVS guys & ask them to change, its anyways chargeable.

You get max particles in the initial running & hence the first oil changes should be in the first 100 odd kms.

I am not too sure but what I had heard/read was to the effect that in case of low usage the oil starts depositing at various places & also looses its properties over a period of time.

This also applies for hard riding, I had once changed oil in my Pulsar ( P180 DTSi V1) in just 600 kms as these 600 kms were full of hard core ripping (red lining in all gears on highway ) & some wheelies & burnouts.

What I know is timely replacement of oils goes in a long way to maintain your bike's engine
Old 14th August 2009, 14:23   #59
BHPian

I'll suggest, you also change the oil filter along with engine oil.
Old 14th August 2009, 14:35   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Get it changed, if you can DIY then great else go to TVS guys & ask them to change, its anyways chargeable.

You get max particles in the initial running & hence the first oil changes should be in the first 100 odd kms.

What I know is timely replacement of oils goes in a long way to maintain your bike's engine
Cool makes sense. let me get it done over this weekend then. Standard recommended oil or any other specific brand suggested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav75 View Post
I'll suggest, you also change the oil filter along with engine oil.
hmm, would that help in any way? Is it required? I dont really have a clue about this bro. Is it that the particles because of the running in might have clogged the filter?

Most Viewed