Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 14:09   #106
Senior - BHPian

Oops I almost overlooked Sammy's updates.

Sammy I too face the jerk problem & will be showing it when I give for service this weekend.

As for your running, I feel like coming down to Hyderabad to take the keys & do the runin over a weekend
Old 27th October 2009, 14:34   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
363? And in the post above you said something about 1k eh? so I thought you were close to it.
Good luck getting to that number

But good that you are enjoying your occasional rides on it.
I have hardly driven my car since I got my bike (apart from longer trips or with family)
Surprised how you can resist the temptation to go for a long spin on your off days atleast...c'mon sammy take her out on a long ride. an I mean long!
Hee hee, that 1K comment was more of a dream. Been wanting to go foa a long run bro but have had guests over and weekdays are impossible with me reaching home after 10 pm .

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Nice one Sammyboy! No comments regarding 363kms

This might be due to inferior fuel quality... but I'm no expert.

cheers
Thanks man. Well I have only filled her up twice and both times regular unleaded from Shell only. Its next to my house so I never look anywhere else for fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Oops I almost overlooked Sammy's updates.

Sammy I too face the jerk problem & will be showing it when I give for service this weekend.

As for your running, I feel like coming down to Hyderabad to take the keys & do the runin over a weekend
Will come to know today what the resolution for the jerks is. I guess, they have kept the fuel mixture a little lean. One more issue I forgot to mention here was the digital speedo not starting up a couple of times I turned the key on and no response from the starter. I kick started the bike (was fun though, like old times) and after that it was all okay. Guess, the batt. doesnt get time to get charged enough. Have informed the SA regarding that as well.

And bro, why do u wanna go to Hyd? Come straight to Bangalore thats where I am ,hee hee
Old 27th October 2009, 14:39   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And bro, why do u wanna go to Hyd? Come straight to Bangalore thats where I am ,hee hee
Oops you got me there

Anyways I have a better idea you ride down to Pune so you will have runin done & we will go for some nice twisties :-)

Also this will complete your annual riding quota & you wont get any more strange looks
Old 27th October 2009, 14:51   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Oops you got me there

Anyways I have a better idea you ride down to Pune so you will have runin done & we will go for some nice twisties :-)

Also this will complete your annual riding quota & you wont get any more strange looks
ha ha, really man would love to do that sometime.
BTW any recommendations for a riding Jacket?

While going to drop the bike off for servicing, took a slow 90 degree lefthander and mid corner a goat jumps in front of the biker in front of me. He had finished the turn and I was just behind, me slightly tilted.
The bike in front of me braked hard and I did the same, thanks to the front disks managed to stop, though had to put me left leg down for support and turned the bike slightly. Didnt use the rear as it would have been a lil difficult to control the skid then.

Need to get the Jacket and a pair of gloves soon.
Old 27th October 2009, 14:56   #110
Senior - BHPian

Since I am doing normal commute I am usinga normal riding jacket I picked up from a local shop.

But I do need to buy new gloves as the old one are not good enough to use anymore & its getting slightly cold now, I will scout around & post
Old 27th October 2009, 15:28   #111
Senior - BHPian

Sure bro. Thanks. Will look forward to your post.
Old 27th October 2009, 18:53   #112
Senior - BHPian

Mine Completed 1950kms awaiting 2nd service.someone fiddled with air screw(when given for last service for adjusting tappet/valve clearance) and was resolved by re-tuning in local service centre.
Old 27th October 2009, 19:33   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Mine Completed 1950kms awaiting 2nd service.someone fiddled with air screw(when given for last service for adjusting tappet/valve clearance) and was resolved by re-tuning in local service centre.
Wow that was quick bro. So did you face the same jerky power delivery at low rpm's? I guess then that could be the same reason for my bike's issue.
Old 28th October 2009, 02:03   #114
Senior - BHPian

At low rpms ,I had a "missing" issue,kind of jerky power delivery along with knocking at any gear.It was later resolved by adjusting fuel:air screw at TVS Service.They cleaned carb float as well(in case).
I am recommended not to use premium petrol(like bpcl speed etc) as it may affect piston rings as per TVS Service.
As said in My Last Post ,someone messed with the tuning(Typical?) at main dealer service centre when I gave their for adjusting tappets and valve clearances as noise was too much at somewhere 1200kms on odo!.
Took My Bike to 110kmph till now.Still ,I get slight knocking sound at 90kmph speed though.Hope these will be resolved on 2nd service

As of Now,My Only Problem is ,Bike gets Hot very soon(Any Oil Recommendations?).I guess it is due to the tighter valve settings.

I am using Motul Chain Clean and Chain Lube(Spray) for the Chain Maintanence Myself.It claims to keep the chain proper for 400kms or so.

Last edited by deepclutch : 28th October 2009 at 02:05.
Old 28th October 2009, 09:02   #115
BHPian

363 and 2nd servicing. You need some help my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I might be visiting bangalore to leave a bike of mine there for few days. Can ride back your bike and hand it to Techno.
Old 28th October 2009, 14:44   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
BTW any recommendations for a riding Jacket?

Need to get the Jacket and a pair of gloves soon.

DSG is the one which you will see in plenty since it is also called as "Desi Sporting Gear"

I own a RST Rift riding jacket which is pretty good.. you can also hunt for RJays.

BTW I just have replaced my block-piston on my 160 and completed a proper break-in riding below 4k rpm. changed oil at 500kms. now i am planning to go for a long ride of around 600kms in a day.. do i still have to maintain riding at 4k rpm or is it okay if i start to rip? please let me know your suggestions.
Old 28th October 2009, 15:07   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav75 View Post
363 and 2nd servicing. You need some help my friend.

I might be visiting bangalore to leave a bike of mine there for few days. Can ride back your bike and hand it to Techno.
lol, that sounds like a plan.
Old 28th October 2009, 15:11   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorBlades View Post
DSG is the one which you will see in plenty since it is also called as "Desi Sporting Gear"

I own a RST Rift riding jacket which is pretty good.. you can also hunt for RJays.

BTW I just have replaced my block-piston on my 160 and completed a proper break-in riding below 4k rpm. changed oil at 500kms. now i am planning to go for a long ride of around 600kms in a day.. do i still have to maintain riding at 4k rpm or is it okay if i start to rip? please let me know your suggestions.
Thanks bro, wil check the jackets out.
I would think if you have completed the run in for about 1k kms after changing the piston, then it shouldnt be an issue.
Old 29th October 2009, 13:26   #119
Senior - BHPian

Second service is over and the bike is home.

Before riding out, I checked the electrical connections and the indicators were not functioning. THe SA opened the battery compartment and saw that the connection was disconnected. Re-connected and it is fine.

The bike is noticeably smoother and there are no jerks which were there before.
The service cost me Rs 236 for the oil change.

The SA just had one word of advice, " Please ride the bike saar"
Old 29th October 2009, 13:41   #120
Senior - BHPian

^Indeed!May be the Helpful souls in Bangalore will Help you cover minimum kms for 3rd free service.these bikes are supposedly needs 3000-4000kms as running-in to have the engine revv freely.

Most Viewed